The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. O

GFX 100 teardown at Lens Rentals

Roger Cicala and Aaron Closz at Lens Rentals had the opportunity to tear down a GFX 100 that got ruined by salt water. Two key take-homes, a mix of good news and bad news: construction of the IBIS unit is very robust, but the weather sealing isn't...
  2. O

New Epson P700 and P900: no more PK/MK switching!

At last: 10-channel head means dedicated channels for photo black and matte black inks. List of new features: Outstanding image quality and color — All-new UltraChrome PRO10 Ink with Violet produces a wide color gamut for vibrant and rich colors No Photo and Matte Black ink switching...
  3. O

MaxMax is now offering monochrome-converted GFX 50R and 50S

https://www.maxmax.com/maincamerapage/monochrome-cameras/fuji-monochrome/fuji-gfx-50
  4. O

The famous Canon 22-55

And now for something a little different... Here's a picture made using the Canon EF 22-55mm f/4-5.6 on my EOS 6D. The lens was originally sold as a kit zoom with EOS IX APS-C film SLRs, but it will mount on any EOS SLR or DSLR and it more or less covers full frame. Nobody will ever mistake...
  5. O

Using Leica M-mount lenses on the X1D

Ming Thein has a brief but informative piece just up with results of testing different M-mount lenses on the X1D with the electronic shutter function: https://blog.mingthein.com/2018/03/17/leica-m-mount-lenses-on-the-x1d/
  6. O

Medium format shutter lag: data from some older cameras

The topic of shutter lag on the X1D has attracted some discussion here. To find a basis for comparison for this and other medium format digital cameras I've excavated some of my collection of old Nippon Camera magazines and pulled some medium format camera reviews; their standard test suite has...
  7. O

Sigma sd Quattro: how many captures per battery charge?

I'd be interested to hear from any of our sd Quattro early adopters on your experience so far with how far a battery charge will take you. Understood that this may vary considerably depending on one's usage habits, but any insight you can provide would be appreciated. TIA!
  8. O

Pentax 645D/Z repair experience in US?

Have any Pentax 645D/Z owners here had occasion to call on Ricoh in the United States for repairs or other technical support? I've been following the 645D/Z discussions over at Pentax Forums, but there are still relatively few reports. If anyone here can add anything based on their own...
  9. O

45mm focal length for Pentax 645D/645Z

I'd welcome any thoughts about what might be the best bet to cover the 45mm focal length for Pentax 645 digital... for less than $1000. Manual focus or adapted from another system is fair game here - the objective is to maximize optical quality within the price constraint.
  10. O

Phase One XF information at Photo Rumors

Is it real? http://photorumors.com/2015/05/31/new-phase-one-xf-medium-format-camera-leaked-online
  11. O

Short-form "getdpi.com" URL does not work - Resolved

IIRC, the short-form URL "getdpi.com" used to redirect automatically to the full "www.getdpi.com" URL. Now it redirects to http://test.getdpi.com/forum/, which displays 8 copies of the following message: Warning: mktime(): You should be using the time() function instead in...
  12. O

Mamiya distribution in US

Does anyone know what is happening with Mamiya distribution and support in the US? A couple of weeks ago two posters on RFF mentioned that MAC Group had told them that their service for Mamiya would be discontinued as of 3/21: Rangefinderforum.com - View Single Post - Future of Mamiya 6 & 7...
  13. O

Typhoon in Philippines

Please spare a thought for the staff of the Pentax/Ricoh plant near Cebu, and for everyone else affected by the severe typhoon passing through the central Philippines right now.
  14. O

Travelwide 4x5 camera

Here's an initiative launched today on Kickstarter to fund production of an ultralight, ultracheap 4x5 P&S camera. I have no connection with the project other than that I've pitched in and hope it will succeed - I'd love to have one! Travelwide 4×5 camera by Wanderlust Cameras: Kickstarter
  15. O

New Canon EF 24-70/4L IS and 35/2 IS

EF 24-70 f/4L IS & EF 35 f/2 IS « Canon Rumors The 35/2 is a very pleasant and very welcome surprise - hits a sweet spot for both FF digital and film.
  16. O

EN-EL15 battery recall

Apologies if everyone knows this already, but it's important and since I've not seen it posted here yet: Nikon EN-EL15 rechargeable Li-ion battery recall | Nikon Rumors Although NR says there are no user reports of problems, Thom Hogan thinks otherwise and is urging all to take this one...
  17. O

Mamiya 6 hacked to accept Hasselblad backs

A Michael Fatali project: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAMIYA-MF6-6x6-TAKES-HASSELBLAD-BACK-One-Kind-PHASE-SINAR-ALPA-/370575136248 Apart from a place to put your nose, what would be needed to make this work?
  18. O

Raw Therapee 3.0.0

I paid a visit to the Raw Therapee website this evening and was delighted to find that stable version 3.0.0 has finally become available, after a long series of interim development releases. Among other changes since 2.4.1, for the first time a Mac OS X version is available in addition to...
  19. O

NEX depth with SLR-lens adapter?

I have a request for any of you NEX fans who are using your camera with an adapter for SLR lenses. Could I impose on you to measure the thickness of the camera body plus adapter - that is, from the rear surface of the camera to the front surface of the adapter - with no lens mounted, specifying...
  20. O

NEX viewfinder shoe

New product, apparently: http://jtec-online.com/coldshoe.html