The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. F

Beating a dead horse: Leica kit advice

Ideal low light film combo: 35mm Summilux + 50mm Noctilux :D
  2. F

Leica dealer profit margin?

Working this from the other end: What does it cost to lease 2000-5000 sq. ft. , renovate / set up, stock and run a boutique store in a prime city centre location with three knowledgable staff ? How much net return is needed to make the enterprise worth while ? I would be amazed if the actual...
  3. F

What to make of the new Leica slim M?

That looks like a normal/macro range selector ring ( similar to the RX1 )
  4. F

What should I pay for a M6?

Absolutely sure you need the x0.58 finder ? It adds a lot of cost due to the low numbers produced. e.g. JapanCameraHunter has a pair of new old stock ones at $3000 each. The standard x0.72 finder is for most people the perfect choice for 35mm lenses. A M6 x0.72 would cost between $1200 and $1800.
  5. F

Poll: choose 2 Leica M lenses for travel

28mm Elmarit-M ASPH and 50mm Elmar-M in the summer - size over speed ; as compact as possible; great for walking about. 35mm Summilux ASPH and 50mm Summilux ASPH in the winter - speed over size ; more time indoors.
  6. F

Fun w/Digital M Images

I was also in town today and witnessed the spectacular weather. I walked from Ocean Beach to Ferry Building via Golden Gate Bridge along the costal trails. Now I am kicking myself for talking only the film Leicas and not including the M9. The setting sun and clouds gave some fantastic colors and...
  7. F

Discount Voucher for Leica M

Strangely the M-P is discounted in the UK by a GBP 500 trade in allowance - the M.240 is not discounted. I don't like the M.240/M-P body shape and other things, so am skipping the series; this plan allowed me to acquire a M-A.
  8. F

Mono owners -tell me your feelings....

The MM brings back all the fun of the darkroom ... including spotting ( must clean those dozen or so large oil marks off my sensor )
  9. F

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Also taken at Crissy Field on Sunday MM 75/2 , Yellow , Polarizer
  10. F

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Fort Ross in the mist MM, 75/2
  11. F

iPhone shot on the Leica forum?

Looks like the sun moved quite a bit between the shots : nothing else fills time like playing with a smart phone while waiting for the money shot.
  12. F

Best SD card for Monochrom to avoid banding

Banding is an analog thing; Data integrity digital : the two things are not related.
  13. F

Best SD card for Monochrom to avoid banding

It's not easy to find electrical data sheets for SD cards, so some of this is conjecture: but I'm thinking ; the faster the card the more current they draw when writing and possibly also other actions, such as wake up from suspend. Older slower cards are likely to put less sharp current spikes...
  14. F

Leica Monochrome with Voigtlander 12mm

Used it, but sorry not often enough to give a quallative answer.
  15. F

Looking for Help - Monochrom M and Lenses

Standing in a field and flicking through the frame lines, I hope the preview lever is restored on the M.240-P ;) , and the differences between lenses does not seem much; but walk around for a week with a 28mm then switch to a 35mm: then you will be backing into walls trying to get the...
  16. F

Looking for Help - Monochrom M and Lenses

It's difficult to say much without knowing your photographic experience and desires. However, and I have the MM and all the lenses you list, I would say the Noctilux/0.95 is both my most loved and most resented lens ; I love it for targeted use , but hate it as a everyday lens ( it's too large...
  17. F

Fun w/Digital M Images

The idea of cycling into, or out of, the Savoy lobby on a Brompton folding bike appeals to me :)
  18. F

Leica MM

Yeh, sorry guess I overstated it; I will reserve vulgar for the gold plated 100 year special edition. You just need to cover the red dot up in public ;) - the rest of the camera is fine.
  19. F

Leica MM

Problem with the M.240 is that is ugly and vulgar ; compared to the MM with it's understated matt black minimalism. I just turned down a M.240 as I really want to add a second MM. Not sure if I should wait until there is a M.240 series B&W body. If it were to have the same finish as the MM and...
  20. F

21 sem/ 24 3.8 over 21/24 lux for daytime

I'm also holding back using my 21 Summilux for daytime architectural shots - the 21 SEM does look like the necessary complimentary lens to the Summilux. I had hoped the M.240 would work better with the Zeiss 21/4.5 and was delaying a decision until this was known. ( large in-line images rather...