The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

FS: Lumix G Vario HD 14-140

Hi folks, I have a rarely used pristine Panasonic Lumix G HD 14-140 in excellent condition. Comes with front and rear lens cap, lens shade, and original lens pouch. $400 includes shipping to lower 48. Additional shipping costs to Hawaii and Alaska. US sale. Reliable buyer and seller on the...
  2. G

FS: Nikon V1 kit with 10-30mm lens

Thanks everyone camera has been SOLD! Hi Folks, I am switching jobs soon and need to sell some gear. Received this Nikon V1 kit with 10-30mm lens as a gift with very light use. All accessories and original box are included. In addition, new tiffen UV filter for the lens comes included as well...
  3. G

WTB Hawk Peng c-mount m4/3 adapter

Hi folks, I'm looking to see if anyone has any interest in selling or trading their Hawk Peng aka "Hawk's Factory" c-mount to m4/3 adapter. They are making the new ones now and the old ones work great for a set of lenses that I have and I'm looking for at least one more and they just don't make...
  4. G

FS Monza Contax G to m4/3 adapter

This is a used Monza adapter. It is a solid performer on my 45mm and 90mm. I've just got the Metabones on all my lenses so the monza adapter is looking for a good home. It is light weight and works well. $125 including shipping and paypal to lower 48. Thanks! Gary
  5. G

Metabones adapter & indiSYSTEM SNAP! Gear - Pulling Focus with Contax G Lenses

I know most folks here do not really shoot films but I did want to pass this information along because many of you inspired me by your dedication to the m4/3 format and being able to share your wisdom and feedback on many versions of the Contax G to m4/3 mount. I wanted to create a separate...
  6. G

MJPEG high bit rate footage with GH1

Hi folks, Just thought I'd share this valuable info. for those who own GH1s. There's a great thread that shows some pretty amazing images using a firmware created by tester13 on DVXUser forum. Here is the thread by Michael Pappas. I find this interesting especially for still photo use. The...
  7. G

SMC Takumar 50mm f/1/4 on m4/3

Hi all, I've been picking up a few m42 lenses to try out on my GH1. Recently, I purchased the SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4. At wide open it was super soft almost dreamy looking. I almost thought there was a problem with the lens until I stopped down. Is that typical of this lens? Just curious if...
  8. G

need recommendation for m42 adapter manufacturer

So I've been slowly making my way from c-mount to m42 lenses and wanted to get a sense of what were the best manufacturers or ebay stores for purchasing m42 adapters. Rainbow imaging in New York sells the adapter for a little under $30 bucks while the Kipon adapter is more expensive. I've...
  9. G

micro 4/3 goes Pro - Panasonic AG-AF100

Hey folks! I know most everybody loves their micro 4/3 camera as a still camera but it look like by the end of the year the m4/3 format has gone pro and will be used for professional video productions with the advent of the new Panasonic AG-AF100. It looks hella ugly from the mock up but the...
  10. G

indiSNAP! collar for pulling focus with c-mount lenses

Recently, I've been testing out some gear for Tim Ovel with indiSYSTEM. He has been refining his SNAP! lens gear. It has a unique design with magnets so when placed over your lens the gear snaps and fits securely together. I've been talking with Tim about the possibility of creating gears that...
  11. G

Steve Serota was a classic camera repair guy

I know I recommended a few folks from the forum to Steve Serota's work. He ran an online camera repair shop from his home just outside of Philadelphia called Classic Camera Workshop. He unfortunately just recently passed away. I had a number of my c-mount lenses and a GH1 camera still with him...
  12. G

Taiyo Na - Lovely to Me (Immigrant Mother) - GH1

Hi everyone. Although this is a moving image out of the GH1 and not a still image. I wanted to share this piece here because this forum for better or for worse got me buying lenses up the kazoo for the GH1. Though this piece was shot mainly with the stock lens alot was also shot with Canon FD...
  13. G

First GH1 test with c-mount zoom lens

Hi folks! Just wanted to let you know that I've started a blog dedicated to my GH1 testing and experimentation. http://www.componentgeek.com It's just a simple humble documentation of the GH1 mainly for film use but it may interest folks who move up to the GH1 as well. Will be doing some...
  14. G

kodak cine ektars with c-mount adapter ring

Hi folks, Anyone using Kodak cine ektars with the c-mount adapter ring? Just wondering if there's a difference or advantage in image quality or image size to the sensor versus the ektar cine lenses that already have a c-mount built in them. Thanks in advance!
  15. G

c-mount lenses from 8mm film cameras

Hi folks, Been collecting my share of c-mount lenses. Most are from 16mm film cameras. I do have one, an Angenieux, from an old 8mm film camera. There seems to be a number of c-mount lenses that you can find with 8mm film cameras. Should we stay away from c-mount lenses from 8mm film cameras...
  16. G

c-mount and focal doublers

Hey guys, Anyone use a focal c-mount doubler with their c-mount lenses on the G1? I was just brain storming and thinking out loud so for give me if this may not work... For usability purposes of wider lenses that don't fit the lens sensor, would a focal doubler make a wide usable and change...
  17. G

Pentax 25mm Canon VF C Mount 25mm Lens with Manual Iris

Hey folks, Anyone use the Pentax C32500KP 1:1.4 25mm Lens on the G1 or Canon TV lens VF 75mm 1:1.8? If you have, please let me know how you like/not like them. I have an opportunity to pick these lenses up. Thanks in advance! Gmoe
  18. G

options other than f/.95 canon 50mm

Hi folks, It seems the Canon f/.95 50mm tv lens has skyrocketed in price and is definitely out of my price range to pickup as a lens when the new GH1 comes out. Any recommendations for sharp inexpensive low light 50mm lenses that may not be f/.95 that could also hold there own in low light...
  19. G

is there workaround for lenses that don't cover full sensor?

Hi all, I just want to say thanks everyone in advance for all your expertise on the G1. This is my first post and I look forward to meeting and sharing knowledge with this great community. My interest is with the new GH1 and I'm excited about the possibility of using older c-mounted lenses for...