The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. L

Barncar

Panasonic GH3, 12-35 @ 35. HDR Photomatix, PS, and LR. The 'Barncar' beloning to a local farmer who is somewhat of a character. The car is seen around these parts frequently as he drives it often. Larry
  2. L

Image from new 12mm 2.0 Oly

Got my 12mm 2.0 Oly the other day and this is the first serious image I have taken. Just after sunrise this morning. Using GH2. Three exposure Enfuse at 5.6 processed in LR. Used the manual focus by sliding the focusing ring back and set the focus using the depth of field scales - 5' to...
  3. L

200mm shootout-Pany 100-300, Pany 45-200, Tokina 100-300

Here are the two of three lenses I tested in the 300mm shootout, with the addition of the Pany 45-200 minus the Nikor, all used at 200mm. See the 300mm shootout thread for methodology and further details of tests. A question many ask, price aside, which - the 100-300 or 45-200. If you need 300...
  4. L

300mm shoot out- Pany, Nikor, and Tokina

I originally posted this in DPReview and realize that I should have posted it here. I have done the brick wall test for the Pana 100-300, Nikor 300 ED IF 4.5, and the Tokina ATX 100-300 4.0. Test done on GH2, 160 ISO, Daylight WB with remote shutter release. Manual exposure. Raw files processed...
  5. L

Wine festival images.

Went to the local wine festival yesterday. Here are a couple of images that I found interesting. Old red Ford. Looks like Jaws to me. Foot stomping grapes. Took many, this is the only of interest due to the good light and girls pretty foot. Grape juice pouring from the wine press. The are...
  6. L

Weird stuff

There is this old farm not far from me. It has the strangest stuff scattered all over the place. Every fence post for about 100 yards has old shoes nailed to them. Lots of shoes! Looks like mostly kids shoes. I've heard of bronzing baby shoes, but this? Is is some kind of totem to ward off evil...
  7. L

The lengths I go to...

I enjoy the process of 'working' a picture - starting out with a subject then working it via focal length, f stop, focus, position, and lighting. This is a long and contemplative process. In the examples attached, the first picture is establishes my subject, approximate position, lens, and...
  8. L

Comparison: ACR 6.1 vs LR 2.7 800ISO

I do all my work in raw. Today I had to use ISO800 because of low light, slow shutter, and an aperture of 11.0. I processed the file in LR 2.7 as usual and did not like the results. I then tried the new ACR 6.1 which uses the same noise reduction engine as will be in LR 3.0. It is supposed to...
  9. L

New Tokina ATX 90mm 2.5 'Bokina'

Bye bye Tamron macro. Hello Tokina! Got my new Tokina macro today. The lens is reputed to be very sharp with a special bokeh. We shall see. The lens cost enough (for me), ~$380, but less than I've seen others going for. It has the 1:1 adapter which is optical, not a tube. This is supposed to...
  10. L

Lucky rain floral.

Where is the rain. It has just started and the drops have fallen on the white background creating the lighter areas. It gives the background a more interesting look than the usual plain background. Just a lucky accident. Background is a soft white material stretched over a 22in embroidery hoop...
  11. L

Example images with Fotodiox shift lens adapter

These examples were taken with a Fotodiox EOS shift adapter and various lenses. Although at first glance the images may look like they were cropped from the 4/3 format they were not. Two or three images were taken, shifting the camera body for each image. The lens is stationary and mounted to...