The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Jonathon Delacour

Magnified MF on the NEX-5

I'm thinking about getting an NEX-5 but, since the Sony E-mount lenses are of no interest to me and there are not yet any Zeiss E-mount lenses, I'd sell the kit lens and use MF lenses until an appealing Zeiss lens is released. However, I'm having a hard time figuring out how easy it is to use...
  2. Jonathon Delacour

WTB: Summilux-R 80mm f/1.4 (ROM)

I'm hoping to find a recent Summilux-R 80/1.4, ROM version (code 11349). If you have one in excellent condition that you wish to sell, please send me a PM that includes the serial number and the price you're after. Thanks...
  3. Jonathon Delacour

Ground control to Vivek

Have you received your NX10 yet? Some of us are going crazy waiting for your impressions of the new cam. Inquiring minds need to know...
  4. Jonathon Delacour

FS: Voigtlander 28mm Metal Brightline Viewfinder

For sale is a Voigtlander 28mm Metal Brightline Viewfinder, which sells new from CameraQuest for USD 159.00. The viewfinder is in near mint condition and has been fitted with a leather eyepiece protector so that spectacle wearers can use it without risk of scratching their glasses. A spare...
  5. Jonathon Delacour

New Schneider primes for Samsung NX10

According to Pentax/Samsung Rumors:The SCHNEIDER lenses wont be m42, they´ll be new design. The SX lenses (SCHNEIDER-SAMSUNG) be 4 this year and 2 next year. 2010: -15mm f/2.3 Super-Angulon -21mm f/2 Super-Angulon -35mm f/1.4 Xenon -55mm f/1.4 Xenon 2011: -90mm f/1.8 Tele-Xenar -70mm f/2.8...
  6. Jonathon Delacour

Four new Micro 4/3rds manufacturers

Has someone posted about this already? I couldn't find any mention of it on the forum. So, how did we manage to miss this? Since the announcement was apparently made on April 1st, it's probably because we were distracted by Jeff "aka Liar and Scumbag" Ascough's digital RF hoax. Anyway, on the...
  7. Jonathon Delacour

New Novoflex adapters for Samsung NX

In the thread on new lenses for the Samsung NX, I wrote: Well, I'm supposed to receive an email from B&H as soon [the Samsung NX is] in stock but now I think I'll wait until there are adapters for Pen F, Rokkor MC/MD, and Hexanon AR lenses available. Now, according to DPreview, Novoflex has...
  8. Jonathon Delacour

New Ricoh GXR lenses

According to Amateur Photographer, Ricoh will introduce two new GXR lenses in 2010:Due for sale in Summer 2010 will be the P10 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 VC unit that will include a compact sensor with a resolution of 10 million pixels. The CMOS sensor will be back-illuminated, as with the unit used in...
  9. Jonathon Delacour

Five new NX lenses to be released this year

According to DPreview, Samsung will release the following lenses during 2010: First half of 2010 Standard Zoom Lens: 18-55mm F3.5-5.6, Non OIS Second half of 2010 Compact Zoom Lens: 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 Wide Pancake Lens: 20mm F2.8 Release date to be announced Super Zoom Lens: 18-200mm F3.5-6.3...
  10. Jonathon Delacour

G1 with 20/1.7: "SWITCH TO AFS"

I've noticed that if I have my new 20/1.7 pancake mounted on the G1 and switch from AFS to AFC, a message appears briefly in the viewfinder saying: "SWITCH TO AFS" and, even though the camera is in AFC mode, it operates as if AFS was set. This behavior does not occur when the 14-45 kit zoom is...
  11. Jonathon Delacour

28mm: the red-headed stepchild of wide-angle lenses?

In the Nikon D3s - now out thread, Graham Welland wrote: I hope Graham won't mind my using his post as an example of the most common request for new wide angle prime lenses from Nikon. It's just that in asking for those particular lenses he illustrates an issue that has puzzled me for quite a...
  12. Jonathon Delacour

Tripod for G1 and long lens

In the thread on the Leica Macro-Elmarit 45mm f/2.8 lens, I noted that the lens dwarfed the GF1 and suggested that "if one is going to be working on a tripod anyway, an APS-C or full-frame DSLR will deliver superior results at the cost of not a lot more bulk." nostatic agreed: To which, Vivek...
  13. Jonathon Delacour

Closer focusing for M-mount lenses on m4/3rds

I recently purchased a secondhand Panasonic G1 and am completely delighted with both the results it yields and the fact that I no longer have to lug around a Nikon DSLR. I knew when I bought the G1 that I wouldn't find the 14-45 kit zoom particularly appealing, so I've picked up a couple of...
  14. Jonathon Delacour

WTB: Panasonic G1

Please PM me if you have a Panasonic G1 (with 14-45mm kit lens and usual accessories) to sell. Thanks...
  15. Jonathon Delacour

Voigtlander SL 125mm F2.5 APO Lanthar

This may be of interest to the Sony users who are dissatisfied with the Sony 100/2.8 Macro and/or are longing for the Zeiss Makro-Planar 100 in a Sony mount. I just noticed that there is a Voigtlander SL 125mm F2.5 APO Lanthar in Sony/Minolta mount for sale on eBay. This lens has a superb...
  16. Jonathon Delacour

Comprehensive, user-oriented GH1 Review

UK filmmaker Philip Bloom has written an excellent hands-on review of the Panasonic GH1 and 14-140 lens, including frame grabs and sample footage. Short version? Loves the camera, likes the zoom, wants some fast primes. I was hanging out for a micro 4/3rds camera from Olympus plus the...
  17. Jonathon Delacour

Panasonic Announces G-1 Prices

Official US prices from this MarketWatch story:Panasonic today announced pricing for the world's first Micro Four Thirds System camera, the LUMIX DMC-G1 -- available in mid-November for a suggested retail price of $799.95, which includes the LUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH/MEGA O.I.S. kit...
  18. Jonathon Delacour

Instant JPEG From RAW (IJFR)

This is really neat! Michael Tapes (WhiBal) and Imagenomic (Noiseware) have created a utility (for both Macintosh and Windows) that extracts the embedded JPEG -- either from individual RAW files or from all the RAW files in a directory. Michael Tapes explains the utility here: IJFR supports...
  19. Jonathon Delacour

Sharpening and Noise Reduction Tools

On the basis of favorable reviews at Luminous Landscape and elsewhere, I was about to purchase Photokit Sharpener and Noise Ninja. Then it occurred to me that it might be worth spending a little more money on Nik Software's Sharpener Pro and Dfine. Naturally I can download and install the trial...
  20. Jonathon Delacour

Bjorn Rorslett's D700 Test Diary

Norwegian nature photographer and Nikon expert, Bjorn Rorslett, is "in a possession of a production-grade D700 and testing of it has commenced." If you're considering a D700 purchase you'll probably be interested in his D700 test diary thread at Nikon Gear. And those of you who live in Northern...