The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Zlatko Batistich

Argh! Silent shutter got me.

If the banding is caused by fluorescent lighting, then a shutter speed of 1/60th or slower will be needed to avoid the banding. Some lights may require 1/50th or slower. Shutter speeds of 1/100th and faster are very likely to show banding.
  2. Zlatko Batistich

Sony lenses on Roger's optical bench...compared.

Re: Sony lenses on Roger's optical bench... some comments ... as you noted above, all of the top rated lenses are tested on Nkon D8x0 and Sony A7r 36mp sensors, while they've tested Canon lenses on nothing more than 22mp sensors. If and when (?) they ever test a lens on a 50mp Canon sensor...
  3. Zlatko Batistich

Leica SL (601) ..Oct 20th?

"Expensive" is relative to a lot of things, including income, expenses, and the other equipment options out there. The SL is without doubt relatively expensive when compared with similar options from Canon, Nikon and Sony. I wish I could say the camera costs just $100 per event, but that...
  4. Zlatko Batistich

Otus 28mm ƒ1.4 announced

One can make up funny theories about Ming's workshop attendees, or one can take him at his word that the lens has had 6 months of heavy use. You say it's "simple BS" but the fact remains that it has a smooth rubber grip. Smooth rubber is more appropriate for condoms than for lenses. :grin: Not...
  5. Zlatko Batistich

Otus 28mm ƒ1.4 announced

This lens is too big, too heavy and too pricey for me. And then there's that smooth rubber grip. That seems to be a poor design, a case of form over function. I haven't tried the Otus lenses, but experienced a similar smooth grip on the Touits. In Ming Thein's review of the Otus 85mm, he...
  6. Zlatko Batistich

Voigtländer to launch tiny E-mount lenses ? Full frame ?

The 10mm must look absolutely crazy! Would be fun to try. I like that they had to find a different word to describe each step wider: Super — Ultra — Hyper. :)
  7. Zlatko Batistich

Handholding A7R II vs. A7 II

Increasing resolution doesn't increase camera shake. The results will be the same at all normal viewing distances. The only difference is at the pixel level — that is, if you're looking at individual pixels — which is like viewing your images under a microscope. But even there, the difference...
  8. Zlatko Batistich

Where does an 800 lb gorilla sit in a room with no mirrors?

I agree he makes a lot of valid points. But some photographers have needs that are different than his own. Optical viewing never lags, and doesn't mess up one's night vision — two advantages of the cameras that he criticizes. And traditional rangefinder viewing adds the advantage of no blackout...
  9. Zlatko Batistich

Where does an 800 lb gorilla sit in a room with no mirrors?

A non-issue. Unlike other manufacturers, Canon has for many years offered RAW files in 3 sizes: full, medium and small. So the problem of huge mb files was solved a long time ago. Actually Canon has done a lot of things that no one else is doing, though it goes unrecognized by those who only...
  10. Zlatko Batistich

A7sII

€3,400 is about $3,856. That's $857 more than the US price!
  11. Zlatko Batistich

A7rII - Nissin Di700a /Godox AD360 Systems wireless flash

Re: A7rII and Nissin Di700a wireless flash I've used the Sanyo Eneloop 2,000 mAh rechargeable AA batteries for years. They are awesome! Apparently Panasonic makes them now.
  12. Zlatko Batistich

Zeiss Batis 25 versus Canon 24mm TSE ll lens

Re: Not very happy with my 24/3.5 TSE… much interested in observations Why not compare them at the same aperture? The A7RII is probably diffraction limited at around f/8, so f/11 will be a little less sharp than f/6.3. (The 50mp 5DS is diffraction limited at f/6.7.) The Digital Picture...
  13. Zlatko Batistich

Is the Batis 25's MTF chart pre- or post- software correction? I noticed that the Zeiss pdf shows the vignetting and distortion charts with camera correction "on", but doesn't specify for the MTF.
  14. Zlatko Batistich

The 24 TSE version II is one of Canon's best. The Digital Picture says it "is impressively sharp wide open and is very sharp right into the full frame corners. Stopping down does not make a significant difference in sharpness". Distortion is "negligible". I would be surprised if the 25 Batis...
  15. Zlatko Batistich

How do you dress your A7x up?

Nothing added except 1-inch of black tape on the strap ends to keep them from poking me in the eye or coming loose.
  16. Zlatko Batistich

An interesting Review of a7rII

If Ming's review is too heavy and serious, here is a lighter point of view (for giggles only) :D:D:D — https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=171&v=W-8161dWtvI
  17. Zlatko Batistich

An interesting Review of a7rII

Ming is keeping his too. That's what I gathered from the paragraph that begins with "I put up with it because ..." He likes the IBIS, the Zeiss lenses, and the size. It's also on his recommended gear list.
  18. Zlatko Batistich

Online Reviews of the A7rII

The larger sensor still gives shallower depth of field, so a portrait from a 645Z may look different. It's like the difference between FF and APS-C; many prefer the look of FF. Likewise some prefer the look of a medium format like the 645Z. But the Sony is a much better value and much, much...
  19. Zlatko Batistich

A7rII - Nissin Di700a /Godox AD360 Systems wireless flash

Re: A7rII and Nissin Di700a wireless flash Can anyone comment on the AF assist light? This looks like a good flash — the only one with built-in radio for Sony — but I hesitate to buy it for one reason. As a wedding/event shooter I'm often using flash in low-light indoor evening settings. An...
  20. Zlatko Batistich

Dpreview - "Sony Alpha 7R II can match or beat DSLR low light AF performance"

Re: Dpreview - "Sony Alpha 7R II can match or beat DSLR low light AF performance" I did read the comments (although more keep being added by the minute, so I can't say I've read every comment). The comments have some denials and unsupported claims, but they don't disprove what is shown in the...