The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. popum

Olympus OM-D whirring noise

My OM-D just arrived with the kit lens. Looks great, feels great in the hand. However, when it is turned on there is constant low level whirring noise. The noise goes away when shooting video. I'm wondering if this is the same for all cameras or if I have a problem. Mike
  2. popum

FS: Complete M8 kit

I’m selling my M8 kit. I would prefer local pick-up in SW Connecticut or Manhattan. This package is all you need to get started with an M8 and take pictures immediately. The package includes: M8 in perfect mechanical condition and very good cosmetic condition Two Leica batteries Thumbs up CV...
  3. popum

FS: 40mm f1.4, Luigi case, ZS3, more

Raining today, so I cleaned out the camera cabinet of things I don’t use much (or at all). Voightlander 40mm f1.4 MC in Leica M mount. I bought this lens for a project, used it that once and not again. The lens is terrific and fast, but I can’t get used to the 40mm field of view. The lens has a...
  4. popum

FS: Leica M6 TTL .58 plus Luigi case & strap

I’m selling my beautiful M6 TTL with the .58 viewfinder. This is the Leica for those who wear glasses or just like to shoot wide. I wear glasses and love it with a 35mm lens. Serial number is 2720xxx. The camera is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition. From a cosmetic point of view...
  5. popum

WTB: 28/3.5 Color Skopar

I'm looking for a black 28/3.5 Color Skopar. If you have one to sell, please let me know the price and condition. I'd also be interested in the LTM to M adapter and UV/IR filter to go with it. Mike
  6. popum

What's it worth: Leica R4 & 35Cron

Cleaning out the equipment closet and came across my old R4 which is cosmetically beautiful and seems to work fine (haven't run a role in a while). The lens is a 35 cron with the pullout shade. It has good glass but is really ugly. Anyone have a sense of what these might be worth. Think I can...
  7. popum

Selling backpack to fund M9

I have a Lowepro Primus Minimus backpack for sale. This is a unique pack that lets you get at your camera without taking off the pack. It also has seperate compartments for your camera gear and day treking gear. See the following web page for details...
  8. popum

FS: Spyder3 Studio Calibration Kit

I'm selling my Spyder3 Studio calibration set-up now that I have a NEC monitor with its own calibration tool. This worked like a charm when I was using my Mac monitor. The Spyder kit comes packed in an aluminum, foam-lined, case and includes everything needed to calibrate your monitor and make...
  9. popum

At the edge of the cliff

There have been a few threads over the last month or so dealing with a return to film. It seems that a few folks are going to variations on the 6x6 and 6x7 world. As I thought about this I felt that 120 film cameras weren't sufficiently different from digital cameras to warrant the...
  10. popum

FS: Olympus 410 two lens kit plus extras - $375

I'm selling my Olympus Evolt E410 with 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 and 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 Zuiko Lenses. This includes the boxes, strap, charger, cables, and everything else that came with the kit. I'm also including two UV filters which have protected the lenses, an R72 infrared filter, an extra battery...
  11. popum

FS: GRD II WITH MANY ACCESSORIES

FS: GRD II Camera and Accessories My GRD II is for sale. The camera and the accessories are in like-new condition. I would like to sell the entire kit as a single package and have attractively priced the package at $725. The pieces are also priced for individual sale. I’ll pick-up the PayPal...
  12. popum

FS - GRD II with 40mm adapter - $750

I'm rebalancing my total kit so have decided to sell my GRD II. The package includes: GRD II camera GH1 Hood and adapter GT1 40mm conversion lens Voightlander 40mm viewfinder GS1 Neck strap GC2 Soft case charger 2 batteries 2 gb card Camera is in great condition... $750 Act now and I'll bring...
  13. popum

FS: Elmarit 28/2.8 coded with Leica UV/IR

I bought this lens new from B&H shortly before I sold my M8 and it was only on the camera twice. New the lens is $1595 at B&H plus $110 for the Leica IR filter plus shipping. Priced to sell at $1300 OBO shipped and I pick up the Paypal. Lens is mint with box, pouch, filter, etc.
  14. popum

D300 or GRD2 - Which one to Paris/Venice

I'm taking my family... son, daughter, son-in-law (all in their 30's) and grandson (age 5) to Paris and Venice next week. This is a family vacation (celebrating my wife's and my 40th anniversary) not a photography safari. Moreover, I know both cities fairly well and they've never been there so...
  15. popum

D300 and import sharpening

I'm wondering what raw import sharpening you all do in Lightroom/ACR? Where do you place the sliders as your starting point? I think I'm seeing the need for more sharpening with the D300 than with some other cameras. Thanks Mike
  16. popum

FS: Like new 28mm coded Elmarit

I've sold my M8 and am now selling the remainder of my kit. This is an almost new 28mm Elmarit. It has only been on my camera twice since I bought it just before I decided to sell the M8 (yeah I know), and is as close to mint as a lens can be. It came coded from Leica.. did not have to make a...
  17. popum

FS: M8 LUIGI HALF CASE & M8 GRIP

FOR SALE: A BLACK LUIGI M8 HALF CASE & AN M8 GRIP Well, my M8 is on a UPS plane heading to a lucky buyer in California. Now it’s time to sell some of the accessories that I won’t be using any more. I’m beginning with two: A black Luigi half case – This is in excellent, but not mint, condition...
  18. popum

Black M8 for sale

I keep falling in and out of love with my M8. On some days the rangefinder experience really works for me and on others I find it gets in the way of my capturing shots. This week I’m out of love so the camera is being put up for sale. I should add that the fault is not the camera’s, but mine...
  19. popum

Car Mirror Self Portrait

This was taken last year when I first got my GRD... A bit of silly exuberance on I95 with the top down. Tim Smith... Have I changed at all Mike
  20. popum

FS: Comprehensive Visoflex III kit

I'm selling my very comprehensive Visoflex III kit. This is the perfect set up for the M8 and is in excellent cosmetic and operating condition. The only thing that it needs is a cleaning of the viewfinder which has accumulated dust over the years. This is a typical situation and I've been told...