The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

FF NEX

According to the latest SR5 (almost 100% possibiilty of it happening) rumor, a FF NEX is going to be a reality in a year, with a 24MP or a 30-32MP sensor. I think this is a serious opportunity for Sony to shake things up and reach the pinnacle they have been hungering after for the past several...
  2. R

Is the NEX system winding down?

I am on both - the Concept 2 (Model D) and also the A900. The A900 was purchased in October 2008 or so, and seems to be doing what it was designed to do. :) I briefly bought the NEX7 but sold it and don't miss it one bit. I do have a NEX product, the VG20, mainly for video and the fact that...
  3. R

New Sigma 12-24 FF HSM lens (Alpha Mount)

The new Sigma 12-24 seems to be available now and wondering if anyone have any experience with it. The previous version of the 12-24 was non-HSM for the Sony mount but this version is HSM (like with all other mounts). Debating about getting it, for use on the A900 (and also probably the NEX7...
  4. R

SonyStyle NEX 7 Order Update

Agree. He gets to use the body for free, until the kit arrives and then he would swap the body-only with the kit version ! If he wants the kit version, then he should just return the body right away, than continue to keep and use it. Tactics like this will lead to changes in policies of people...
  5. R

Lenses that should be re-issued for the NEX

Would like a high quality version of the Sony 16-80 Carl Zeiss to be re-issued for the E-mount. Seems like something similar is on the way, as per their roadmap.
  6. R

Sony E Primes for NEX

Silver lenses are just disgusting. Hope Sony releases all of their E-lenses in black.
  7. R

Now this could get interesting - rumors

No interest whatsoever in the Ricoh "modules". Why bother with all of those knick-knacks ? "Bulky" compared to what ? Compared to other cameras with APS-C sensors and a similar range (hopefully 24mm - 85mm equivalent at least) ? Don't think so.
  8. R

Now this could get interesting - rumors

I would buy this in the blink of an eye, if this rumor is true. And then get out of the quest to get my NEX7 Kit (I returned back my NEX7 body back to the retailer, than try to re-sell it at a profit). The assumption being that this camera will come with all of the video goodies (24P, 60P et...
  9. R

"New" Sigma NEX lenses

Agreed. The Tamron is close enough in price to the Sony, that price alone would never be a consideration to go with the Tamron. The Tamron's advantages are that it comes in all-black color, is noticeably smaller and slightly lighter, which in turn makes it a better fit with the petite...
  10. R

Tamron 18-200mm VC Di III on NEX-7

With all lenses that have a built-in motor, which includes the SSM and SAM of Sony, the HSM of Sigma and also the Tamron lenses with a built-in motor. The difference here is that the LA-EA1 will Autofocus with Contrast-Detect AF, which is of course slower than the Phase Detect AF used by a...
  11. R

Got my NEX7 today and after a lot of hemming and hawing between the Sony 18-200, the Tamron 18-200 and the Zeiss 24/1.8, I finally came home with the Tamron. The Tamron is definitely a great lens and is clearly a better match (color-wise and size-wise) for the petite NEX7, than the Sony...
  12. R

Quentin, BTW, your pictures (both the camera with the lens mounted, and also the great pictures taken with the combo) are what tipped me over into seriously looking at the Tamron. I was all set to get the Sony, actually, prior to seeing this thread. Thanks !
  13. R

Quentin, thanks for the feedback. Yes, getting the Tamron (or the Sony equivalent) makes better sense than going with a prime.....especially as an all-purpose first lens. As you pointed out, the silver color of the Sony is a big turn-off, and the Tamron thankfully comes in black. The...
  14. R

I will be picking up my NEX7 on Monday and still debating about which lens should I get first....general purpose photography, video etc being what I would be looking to do. Should I get the Zeiss 24/1.8 first or should it be the Tamron 18-200 or the Sony 18-200 ? Or should I get the Zeiss and...
  15. R

Sony 35mm f/1.4G

The lens is SOLD and is being shipped out today !
  16. R

Sony 35mm f/1.4G

Pictures are as below: The faint marks visible are shown below:
  17. R

Sony 35mm f/1.4G

Hi, decided to clear some more space in my camera bag and my VERY sparingly used 35mm f/1.4G is now on the block. It looks "like new", with some very, very faint marks visible, if one looks really close enough. It comes with the retail box, paperwork and everything else that came with it...
  18. R

Sony A77

That was a good one....poking a hole in the myth of the 1.5x converter. ;) The A77 should be a true 1.5x converter for the A900, however (looking purely from a FOV perspective, of course). :cool:
  19. R

The future is here - Sony Nex 7

Agreed. Luckily, that "credit card" has a built in high resolution viewfinder (comparable in size and brightness to a 35mm FF viewfinder, from the reports), a built-in flash, a hotshoe, full/direct manual controls with 3 different dials and several buttons, a tilting (even though I would have...
  20. R

A900. Your Best Set Of Lenses

Unequivocally, yes ! The Canon is smaller and lighter (which are certainly advantages in my mind), since it only has f/2 (f/1.8 in a 135mm lets in almost 24% more light than an f/2 version), and comes with SSM focusing (also an advantage) but optically, the Zeiss 135/1.8 will send it back to...