The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. C

GM1 anyone?

Well, after about a week with the GM1, the one thing it really, really needs, is a way to assign FN1 button to toggle on/off the touch screen. I just can't seem to use touch screen without moving my focus point, no matter how much I pay attention. I didn't somehow miss that setting somewhere, did I?
  2. C

Panasonic G6

I think the G6 is a great little body, with most of all the newest tech. I can't see much difference in image quality, between my new GM1 and my G6. I did notice, that they both seem to lag behind my GH3 a bit though. Maybe critical testing would show more differences, but from me shooting and...
  3. C

The Ancient GH3

Nice work with that ancient camera, Jorgen. I couldn't resist hitting the "buy it, with one click" button, when they dipped below 700.00, for a short time, on Amazon the other day. Now, I'm kind of excited to get it, after seeing your work with it. I'm glad to hear they sorted out the flash on...
  4. C

GX7, the Swiss Army Camera?

I disagree. I think many of the enthusiasts, have been asking for years like maybe 10 or 12, on the forums, for a return to OM1/FM2 type and size cameras as well as small affordable rangefinder type bodies. Well, all the sudden the OMD, Fuji x100,100s, Xpro1 and XE1 come out and they sell like...
  5. C

Amen to that. It wasn't always like this, back when Guy first started this forum, with mostly FM people, it was very friendly around here, then people from DPR started showing up and brought their crabbiness with them and well, sadly, I don't hang out here much anymore.
  6. C

To be honest, it feels like I'm in the midst of a group of tag teaming, playground bullies, around here. I've spent enough money on Panasonic cameras over the past few years, to voice an opinion about it, without having to be told to go buy something else, or get hello kitty cam or be told that...
  7. C

Yes, and thanks Robert. I haven't posted on forums much in the past few years, so I guess I forgot, that you can't say what you really feel, without repercussions.:)
  8. C

You guys are right, I guess I'm the only one that wanted a simple, XE1 style M43 body and quite frankly, you've made me ashamed of myself, for wanting such a silly thing. Silly me.
  9. C

Man, I don't want a HelloKittyCam. You have to admit, if they had kept it simple like a Fuji XE1, it would have been exactly what most of us had been waiting for. Now, it's just another compromise. Simplicity in design is was makes the rangefinder type camera so attractive, but Panasonic just...
  10. C

I have been waiting for several years, for a camera like this, but perhaps, not this one. My first thoughts, after seeing pictures were - the EVF sure sticks out a long way and why did they have to make it tilt, if the LCD tilts the same exact way? I've read a couple hands on impressions, that...
  11. C

GH3... the one to get?

That is a brutal price, for M4/3 body, specially now that the 3:2 ratio is smaller than it used to be. I know it's only a little loss in pixels, but it's enough to make me reconsider using a small sensor that has just got smaller. Fuji is starting to look a little better, if they can just get...
  12. C

Nikon D600 may not be so "budget" after all

I thought I remembered paying 2350.00 new for my D700, it's been over a year ago, so maybe I forgot. I don't think the D7000 is a good comparison to the D600. I think you need to go down a model or two, to the D5100 or something like that. The way I see it, is if the D600 had a crop sensor, it...
  13. C

Nikon D600 may not be so "budget" after all

It had my attention at 1500.00 as a possible move back to Nikon, with the lure of a small full frame, but for a body that seems to be even lower specked than the D90, for over 2 grand, I think I will pass. It is exciting watching all this new stuff come out though.
  14. C

F.S. Fuji X100 Silver

Sold, thanks.
  15. C

F.S. Fuji X100 Silver

I have Silver X100, with around 2500 shutter clicks that doesn't show any signs of wear other than the LCD protector that's been on, since it was new. It was bought in May 2012 SN#21A02383. Works like new and comes with 2 extra batteries, hood and filter attachment. 800.00$USD shipped
  16. C

GH3 rumours start to abound

Yup, it looks interesting. I'm not too crazy about a larger/heavier body, but better dynamic range, silent shutter and 60P video sound interesting. I say that about the video and yet I've yet to do much with video. I think my main draw the the GH over the G has been the multi aspect ratio...
  17. C

Anyone have G5 yet?

I guess I was also wondering if you could use in in LV with the touch screen shutter button mode?
  18. C

Anyone have G5 yet?

Thanks MIchaelnel, for the info.
  19. C

Anyone have G5 yet?

I've been anxious to hear about the silent shutter mode and any limitations when using it, but can't seem to find anyone writing about it yet. I've read about certain flash limitations, but that's it. I can't even find a utube video with the sound of the silent shutter, though I'm not sure I...
  20. C

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Cool shot, Jim.