The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. C

F.S. Fuji X100 Silver

I have Silver X100, with around 2500 shutter clicks that doesn't show any signs of wear other than the LCD protector that's been on, since it was new. It was bought in May 2012 SN#21A02383. Works like new and comes with 2 extra batteries, hood and filter attachment. 800.00$USD shipped
  2. C

Anyone have G5 yet?

I've been anxious to hear about the silent shutter mode and any limitations when using it, but can't seem to find anyone writing about it yet. I've read about certain flash limitations, but that's it. I can't even find a utube video with the sound of the silent shutter, though I'm not sure I...
  3. C

G5 Silent Shutter Mode

This looks pretty interesting, if it is what it sounds like. I would love to have a silent shutter camera for my M4/3 lenses. After using the X100 for awhile, I really notice the GH2 shutter noise.
  4. C

Macbook Air - long term reviews

I was curious to hear how people that have used the Macbook Airs, over the last year or so, feel about them now, as far as post processing use goes. My old MBP died on me a few weeks ago and I've been waiting for the new ones to come out, but also, I'm considering a new 11" Air, with extra ram...
  5. C

nikon D800 at 16 megapixels

This might be a silly question, but I am just curious if anyone has heard if the D800 would have similar image quality to the D4, if you shot it at 16 megapixels, instead of at thirty something, or if you can even do that? It would be nice if you could shoot at less megs and get better high...
  6. C

FS 15" Macbook Pro

I have a three or four year old 15" MBP for sale: Model: 4.1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ 2 Gigs of Ram NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT Vram 256MB Matte Screen Removable Battery (recent upgrade) Snow Lepoard 10.6.8 It's in nice shape and works like it should. I don't know what they are really worth with...
  7. C

GF3 Owners

I was wondering about using the GF3 in Aperture Priority mode, without the click dial, from previous models. I owned the Samsung NX100 for a short time and found that I was constantly bumping the mode dial and switching apertures, without knowing. Is this a problem with the GF3, which seems to...
  8. C

FS Hackable GH1/xtra battery

I have a 8 month old GH1 with extra Panasonic battery and blank warranty card (bought 4/2010) with about 8K shutter clicks. I only used the video a few times for a few seconds each time. The camera is in nice condition without any noticeable marks, that I can see. It has ver. 1.3 firmware, so...
  9. C

Olympus M4/3 to go pro

Thats what the rumor site said anyway. Then, there is a lens road map, but curiously no fast 85 1.4 equivalent portrait lens. I never heard of a pro system, without a fast portrait lens( f 2 or 2.8 macros don't count). Maybe the 4/3 and M4/3 system just can't make a fast portrait lens due to the...
  10. C

5 Years In The Life Of Clay Stewart

I set out, a little over five years ago, to take a camera with me everywhere and shoot pictures everyday, for a period of five years. The plan was to shoot only RAW and use only ACR to develop, in order to keep things simple, as I still needed time to work, eat, sleep and shower. I think I did...
  11. C

Panasonic Sucks! (per OP)

I need to get this off my chest. It all started when I was backing up my images to my external hard drives and I started to reminisce looking at old raw files, going back as far as the Canon 300D. Anyway, I've had my fair share of DSLR cameras over the past eight or nine years, like most of...
  12. C

GH2 18 mp

I noticed on the rumors page, there is a 18 mp multi aspect ratio sensor for the GH2. I wonder if it will have better hi ISO noise control.:confused:
  13. C

PanaLeica 45 2.8 head and shoulder shots

I was curious what the bokeh looked like wide open with head and shoulder shots, with this lens. I know the macro shots have some decent bokeh, but you don't see many head and shoulder portraits. Does anyone have any shot at 2.8? Thanks Clay.:)
  14. C

Panasonic: A "Fly By Night" Camera Company?

After about a year and a half in the DSLR business and promises of lots of quality bodies and lenses, Panasonic bails out and leaves it's customers holding the camera bag.http://www.photokina-show.com/0476/panasonic/information/panasonicinterview/ So, here were are about four years later and...
  15. C

Nikon D90, primes, and flash

I have a D90 that's about a month old, with about 1200 shutter clicks and still looks new, other than a couple marks on the LCD protector. I also have a 20 2.8D, 28 2.8D and a 50 1.8D. The 20 comes with a hood that I bought used and that has some marks on it. All the lenses have had a UV filter...
  16. C

FS Nikon D700

Hi all, I have a 7 month old D700, with about 6900 shutter clicks in excellent condition. No marks that I can see, other than the LCD cover, which has never been off, other than to clean it. It comes with box and everything that came in the box. I think the charger is the only package that was...
  17. C

SOLD: Panasonic GF1 and 20 1.7 800.00$

I got this a couple of weeks ago and put around 500 shutter clicks on it. It still looks new with no marks anywhere that I can see. It comes with everything that came in the box, blank warranty card. I like the image quality and video, but I find myself missing my D700, so I'm going to sell it...
  18. C

GF1 Auto ISO Problem

Hi all, and Merry Xmas, Happy New Year etc. I got myself a GF1 20 1.7 a couple days ago and it didn't take me long to find the 1/30 sec shutter speed problem in Auto ISO and Aperture Priority. I use that all the time on my D700 Anyway, in an attempt to get Panasonic's attention about this, I...
  19. C

FS Panasonic TS1 Waterproof Camera

I bought this new in the middle of last May from B and H. It's in excellent condition. The memory card says 1040556, so I don't know how to read the exact number of images taken, but I would guess it's less than a thousand, so maybe it's 556 or something, but I don't know for sure. I haven't...
  20. C

Zenfolio or Smugmug?

Due to the recent apparent collapse of PBase, I find myself in need of a new hosting site. I'm now doing the trial at Smugmug, but I'm also wondering about Zenfolio. Mostly what I've been doing for the past four years is a Photo a day, so when PBase went down a few days ago, I found my self at...