The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Elliot

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Great shots. The OM-1 and 100-400 plus 1.4 TC seems like a very effective combination.
  2. Elliot

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

The Cardinal landed right in front of me on a railing (taken through a double-paned glass door) Fuji X-T5 and Sigma 100-400mm
  3. Elliot

Baltimore Oriole in a pleasant setting OM-1 and Panasonic Leica 100-400mm
  4. Elliot

Fr3sH W4r3Z … 🛟

This 2.03 firmware does seem to have potential benefits for those who have experienced focusing issues. 1. AF accuracy is improved with the following focus settings and shooting conditions. ・FOCUS MODE:AF-S / AF-C ・AF MODE:SINGLE POINT ・Lens used:Wide-angle lens ・Photography...
  5. Elliot

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Excellent!
  6. Elliot

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

New XF 1.4X Teleconverter on XF 100-400 lens and X-T5 Color and black-and-white
  7. Elliot

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Fuji X-T5 with XF 70-300mm lens
  8. Elliot

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Cropped. X-T5 and XF 100-400mm at f/5.6, ISO 2500, 1/500, 400mm
  9. Elliot

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Four Greater White-throated Geese (cropped). They are uncommon in South Carolina. We saw four at a brewery's retention pond. The photo is JPG with simple sharpening and cropping.
  10. Elliot

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Excellent shots, especially at 12800 and wide open at 2.8! Impressive.
  11. Elliot

The OM-1

I bought an OM-1 in the last two months. It is as good as many reviews indicate, though I can make mush out of any great camera system! There have not been many opportunities for excursions yet, but I am registered for a birding weekend on the Outer Banks of North Carolina in mid-January and so...
  12. Elliot

Sesquicentennial State Park, Columbia, South Carolina Olympus E-M5 Mark III and 12-40mm f2.8 II
  13. Elliot

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Autumn in Greenville, South Carolina Fuji X-E4 with XF 27mm f/2.8 R WR lens
  14. Elliot

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Louis, The software does really help with the micro four thirds cameras. Most recently I was using the E-M5 Mark III and DxO Photolab 5 (now 6 is available) does a great job on noise. I am about to order the OM-1 which hopefully should address the issues you describe. One thing about the...
  15. Elliot

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Bart, I actually used my Panasonic 100-400 for almost five years on various bodies. It was sharp and pretty easy to handle, though the zoom ring remained stiffer than I would liked. I am supposed to receive a used Olympus 100-400 by the weekend and hope it is sharp and handles well.
  16. Elliot

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Thanks Louis for your comment about the hummingbird! I have rented the XF 150-600mm lens for four days. It is too heavy and bulky for me to carry about and use handheld for any duration in the way I prefer. It can take sharp photos in good light, but the f/8 at 600 is a limiting factor. The...
  17. Elliot

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Ruby-throated hummingbird. These are recent visitors and I am trying to develop technique for capturing them in flight. Despite its flaws, I like this capture anyway. XT-4 and XF 70-300 lens at 300mm, f/5.6, ISO 5000, 1/500 second.
  18. Elliot

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Perhaps an aging king, given the grey in his mane... Fuji X-T4 with XF 70-300mm lens at 300mm and cropped. f/5.6, 1/450 second, ISO 5000. Processed with DxO PhotoLab 5.2.
  19. Elliot

X-H2S

Thank you Louis for a detailed review. It answers questions and got me to look at the camera on Camera Size comparisons. The X-H1 was a bit too big or bulky for my hand, so I chose the X-T4, which is much better for me. However, the changed placement of the AF button for back button focus and...
  20. Elliot

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

It looks like just a sleepy squirrel.... XT-4 with XF 70-300 and XF 1.4X TC