The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Elliot

Anyone have experience with the X-S10?

I have seen positive reviews as well as the criticisms of having a PASM dial and not being weather-sealed. Operationally it looks like a very attractively-designed setup, and the price point is really good. It would be great to hear if someone on this board has experience with it.
  2. Elliot

Sony A6500 and 18-135mm lens

I have been a longtime micro four-thirds camera person, and also earlier a Pentax user. With travel looming this summer, I have been looking for a general purpose single lens in a lightweight kit. Right now, I have the Panasonic G85 with a couple of lenses. I have been looking at lenses for...
  3. Elliot

See the bee

I was taking photos of very intensely colored flowers using my original Olympus 45mm f/1.7 lens. The bees were active, and although it is certainly not a macro lens, with serious cropping there were some satisfactory shots. Mostly it was interesting to see how the Panasonic G85 and Olympus lens...
  4. Elliot

KS-1 and DFA 50mm f/2.8 macro

I actually was taking photos of flowers and seeds nearby and saw the butterfly incidentally. The camera was in monochrome mode -- I had forgotten the previous night's couple of shots. These are just the RAW files with modest sharpening.
  5. Elliot

Fun with the K-70

This morning along the Columbia Canal (Columbia SC) there was a turtle enjoying the warm weather. This is shot with a K-70 and the HD DA 55-300 PLM RE WR lens. The lens was fully extended to 300mm, at F6.3, 1/320 second, 400 ISO. It is heavily cropped, with a bit of sharpening, otherwise...
  6. Elliot

Bullfrog in South Carolina and K-70

Yesterday afternoon was in the low 80s and pleasant along the Congaree River in Columbia, South Carolina, just below where the Saluda River enters. This bullfrog was situated in a drainage area that feeds into the river. Pentax K-70 Pentax HD DA 55-300mm ED PLM WR RE lens JPG capture 1/250...
  7. Elliot

FS: Olympus Zuiko 50-200 lens (non-SWD)

Olympus Zuiko Digital 50-200mm f2.8-3.5 lens (non-SWD version) This lens is in mint condition, with the glass and lens perfectly clean. No nicks, scratches, or other marks on the barrel. It comes with the lens caps (front and rear), a Quantaray 67mm UV filter mounted on the lens, the hood, the...
  8. Elliot

Merry Christmas!

Our dog immediately got into his Christmas present. The first photo is with the DA 70 Limited and the second one with the DA 16-45. Merry Christmas!
  9. Elliot

US Open - Men's matches

E-M1 plus the non-SWD 50-200 lens. Tomas Berdych playing against Marin Cilic in the quarterfinals A Bryan brother playing against Lipsky/Ram.
  10. Elliot

Olympus 12-40 on Panasonic GX7 (or other)

Does someone have experience with the Olympus 12-40 on a Panasonic GX7 (or other Panasonic body)?
  11. Elliot

Lens question: Panasonic 100-300 and Olympus 50-200

Obviously, the Panasonic has longer reach, which is useful. For a trip to Alaska, would that be more valuable or would the higher quality of the Olympus 50-200 be preferable? I know it depends on usage, but this would be for a variety of uses on such a tour. I guess one thing to ask is whether...
  12. Elliot

FS: Pentax K-5IIs body

Pentax K-5IIs body I bought this brand new on 8/30/2013 for $969.99. I have taken just 84 pictures with this camera, and it is in perfect condition. I plan to buy the K-3 instead. The camera was purchased new, fulfilled by Amazon, from Great Lakes Cameras. Great Lakes Cameras assured me...
  13. Elliot

FS/FT: Panasonic G5 body (black)

Panasonic DMC-G5K camera body (black). The package includes the G5 body, original battery, battery charger, USB connection cable, shoulder strap, CDs, owner's manual, registration card, and original packaging. A total of 39 shots have been taken with it. The camera was purchased by me on June...
  14. Elliot

Fun with Panasonic G5

I haven't seen a thread "Fun with Panasonic G5" -- and since the G6 is rumored to be around the corner -- it seemed polite to give the G5 its due. It bought one just this week, and it handles pretty well. My first outing (aside from flowers around the house) was yesterday. I went to a high...
  15. Elliot

K-30 anyone?

I haven't seen any comments about the K-30 in this Pentax forum. Would anyone who owns one care to share their impressions and experiences?
  16. Elliot

FS: Olympus OM-D EM-5 $875

Olympus OM-D EM-5 Silver - body only $875 This is a spectacular camera, and takes wonderful photos, but I simply have not bonded with it. I bought the silver kit with the 12-50mm lens and sold the lens on another board (with positive feedback). The shutter count is about 20 over the 583 shown...
  17. Elliot

FS: Olympus OM-D EM-5 Silver - body only - $955

Olympus OM-D EM-5 Silver - body only $955 This is a spectacular camera, and takes wonderful photos, but I simply have not bonded with it. I bought the silver kit with the 12-50mm lens and sold the lens on another board (with positive feedback). The shutter count is 583 and the camera is in...
  18. Elliot

FS: Olympus 12-50mm/f3.5-6.3

I bought the OM-D plus 12-50mm kit recently and find that I am not much interested in this lens. I really don't need the weather resistance and rarely use macro. I put a UV filter on it right away and it is in new condition. Selling for $310 including FedEx ground shipping in the continental...
  19. Elliot

FS: Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150/f4-5.6 lens

The lens is in like-new condition, having been used not more than a handful of times. Shortly after buying it, the m.Zuiko version came out, and I bought that on sale. This lens is at least as good if not a little better than the m.Zuiko version. It is native to the FT camera and works fine on...
  20. Elliot

Billingham Hadley Small materials

The Billingham Hadley Small comes in two materials, the traditional canvas and the newer FibreNyte. Billingham indicates that: "The material is purely synthetic, it has excellent abrasion resistance while remaining supple.We've found a solution that is softer than other man made...