The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

Nikon Z50 Photos and Discussions

Hi Darin, Is this the same tree? https://dmc-365.blogspot.com/2018/05/bull-run-creek.html Reed
  2. R

Future Nikon Service

My recent (2019) experience with one of the big (biggest?) authorized repair facilities was negative. I specifically inquired whether they had the tools, jigs and fixtures, and skills to fix my Nikkor AF-S VR 500mm f/4. They said “of course.”. Just shipping to them was a significant cost...
  3. R

Technical Camera Images

I know that place! What an amazing building and lifestyle!
  4. R

Nikon Gear - LN - pre eBay prices

pm sent for f1.8
  5. R

M9 ... time for a time-out

My update - my M9 didn't have the corrosion and was returned clean and ready to go from Leica Service USA. I took it out and shot it at an event last weekend, and remembered why I love the camera. Back from Service Reed My Blog: DMC-365.blogspot.com
  6. R

Great to know! Thank you. Reed
  7. R

cam - I hope that my post didn't give you that impression. I have also had generally good interactions with Leica Service USA, and do appreciate Leica standing behind the M9 sensor. I was just sharing what I'd heard about my camera, and my thoughts on where to go from here. That said, it was...
  8. R

Well, Mike and Godfrey, that may very well be the case. I can tell you that no one at Leica has been able to state it that clearly. Or clearly at all. As for being thankful, I've learned not to frustrate myself by replying directly to some people's comments. I'm simply trying to share info...
  9. R

I sent my M9 in to Leica Service USA with what some persistent spots, in December, after hearing about the corrosion issue. I asked repeatedly if they could clarify the upgrade offer, so I wouldn't have to wait on service for a month. No information. Well, they say my sensor just needed...
  10. R

Domke F-4AF black canvas shoulder bag - $60 shipped

I'll take that. Message sent.
  11. R

Four days with the Nikon Df in Andalucia, Spain

Hi Wayne, Thanks for the very nice look into your experience with the Df so far. I also have the 24-85, and it's a love-hate relationship. Sometimes it's just the ticket, other times I feel that I'm missing some quality. I'm a prime man myself, but the 24-85 is a great choice when you don't...
  12. R

anybody shooting more film than digital?

I still shoot a lot of film. Throughout last year, I picked a different film camera each month and made sure to get out and shoot it. You can see the results on my blog, on the "Skeletons From The Closet" tab. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I send my film to The Darkroom for...
  13. R

Fun with the Leica X2 ... it's about time

HiAboud, Good to see you back with a new X2! Love to catch up soon, maybe after Labor Day when I am back in town. Reed Blog: DMC-365.blogspot.com
  14. R

Desert Island Cameras

I thought really hard about it. Tough to give up so many different cameras. My choice is the Leica M3. Not based on performance, but on the fact that a large part of my enjoyment of photography is the lovely mechanical equipment and optics. M3. Reed DMC-365.blogspot.com
  15. R

LX7 Images

Woah - that's one huge cat. I've kind of lost track of this thread. Here's a post I wrote about using the LX7 on a trip to Key West (includes several other images): DMC-365 - Exploring the Interface Between Equipment and Creativity in Photography: Key West, Florida - Shot With Panasonic Lumix...
  16. R

FS: Leica IIIc

PM on the way.
  17. R

LX7 Images

Photo Mar 26, 2013, 5:17 AM by reed_flickr (www.creativeobjective.com), on Flickr Thought you guys may like this. I wrote a little about how I shot this handheld at sunset (nearly dark) using in-camera HDR setting. DMC-365 - Exploring the Interface Between Equipment and Creativity in...
  18. R

LX7 Images

Welcome aboard, Mike! I know those salt ponds. The East Bay is my adopted home, but now I'm living in Virginia. Followed the best job. But, I sure plan to be back there someday. I am further impressed every time I use the LX7. On a trip to Japan, I have really relied on it, including for...
  19. R

Has time and technology caught up with m43rds?

Hi Louis and others, I do understand your feelings. I also feel pretty dumb with the investment I have made in Micro 4/3 when I think that way. Of course, that's no reason to change my mind - regret over logic. I also understand the "shut off the internet" feeling. I recently carried my G3...
  20. R

LX7 Images

P1020146.jpg by reed_flickr (www.creativeobjective.com), on Flickr Happy Spring!