The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Corlan F.

D700 error

Hi Rayyan, incidentally stumbed upon your post... no D700 mauals around, but it's a known random (though rare) issue. Here's what you can try: - use a card formatted in camera. (the issue mostly happens with cards not formatted for a long time or out-of-camera) - remove battery/batteries...
  2. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

Roman: "masters backyard" it is. I like the composition and the somehow analog feel (esp. in the background) for this one. +2. Very nice. :toocool: Indeed. In fact, both are! :thumbs: (nice commercial touch with the focus on the sponsor's name rather than on the guy's face / manometer...
  3. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

Forgot Jason's wonderful images from his wife... truly great. Favorite, if any, is next to last. Wow.
  4. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

OK. More girls, then... (D3X & D700) :) .
  5. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

Haven't been around for a while. Lots of great stuff. I see gorgeous rainy girls (Jorgen), radiant muddy girls (Lloyd), buxom girls on sofas... Yup, lots of fun. Girls usually are, aren't they? More girls, this time in wildflowers. She's shy, and beautiful. Exquisite composition, Lloyd. (and...
  6. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

One of your best pans for sure, Jorgen. Selective blur, reflections... very impressive. (now you just have to work even slightly harder on the dynamic 2D composition... i know, it's so easy with panning :D)
  7. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

Lloyd, Steve, John, thanks. :) (and Rayan too -i missed the comments on the previous page) John: golden hour and colors. I'm not versed in the new Portra compared characteristics, but these sure look good to me. Btw, how many times a day do you stop on your road trips? You sure seem to...
  8. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

twas my good'ol faithful 105 VR, Jorgen. (seems like Nikon never got it really wrong with their various renditions/generations of that FL) Thanks. :) -Chung: sorry if i made a confusion (Flikr can actually be quite confusing for my poor brain sometimes)
  9. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

Small gig, open doors week-end at a large traditional milk & cheese farm in the area, in fact the only one left of its kind for hundreds of miles, and a family affair since the 19th century. Delicious products, wonderful people. Here the son explains to an audience the ins and outs of the...
  10. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

Bob, indeed nice to see your awesome sports shots back. They're all super... Maria Yuryevna is absolutely georgeous, love the high-end classy look and the pure energy you've rendered in this capture. Jorgen: quite wet indeed. Sounds like... here! Chung: always liked your minimalist work...
  11. 'splaining

'splaining

12. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

Actually, it took some patience (30 min?), and some climbing, and my best Rayyan style soft voiced skills to "tame" her (?) and get some interest. The shot below documents that session's climax (iow the moment she was the most intrigued... and i almost had my 105mmm crunched) - wouldn't try...
  13. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

Steve: more nice stuff sailing Boston... Good eye on the Cheech & Chong fellows. :D Arne: outstanding winter set, as usual the global sheer detail and dynamic range achieved in the snow are phenomenal, and serve well your elegant compositions. Matt: Lefty is majestic and powerful. And what...
  14. Intrigued

Intrigued

15. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

Steve Rayyan Lloyd thanks :D Steve: exceptional fountain shot. Great eye, perfect composition! :thumbs: Rayyan: love the views from the fjords. Outstanding processing... last one is great, but the first photo posted with the infinite seascape makes you want dive, and swim, even against...
  16. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

... Guys... Guys, seeerrriously. :ROTFL: :D .
  17. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

(...one week late... hence the page # references...) -pages 57 & 58- Tim: love the girls shot through the windshield. Reflections and colors give a very tridimensional look. John: great stuff as always. Digital or Analog. Another proof that it's all about the photographer... The Rifle...
  18. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

A few days on the road and so many -truly- marvelous shots filling these pages... will need some time to catch up :watch: :salute:
  19. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

John, wonderfully composed, love the movement, the angle, the characters and shadows, the colors, the beam... everything, really. Spectacular photo! And Happy 4th to all! :)
  20. Corlan F.

Fun with Nikon Images

Lloyd, this set is just outstanding. And i'll second Rob's remarks on the technical side. Impressive. Re the specific shots, while agreeing with Hermann on the last one, my personal favorite, for the full composition enhanced with geometric elements and proportions, sense of levity, rich...