The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. gromitspapa

WTB: Contax GF-21 viewfinder in black

For use on a G2 with the 21mm lens. Thanks!
  2. gromitspapa

P&S recommendation?

A friend of mine wants to buy a new camera for $300-400. His criteria is something that focuses fast for taking pictures of his kids and including a zoom with good reach for say, across a soccer field. Ideas?
  3. gromitspapa

WTB: Contax G2 kit, black

Looking for a new or very low mileage body, 21mm, 45mm, 90mm, vario, flash, bag or case. I'll buy a whole kit and I don't expect all the bits to match my wish list. Thanks!
  4. gromitspapa

WTB: Panasonic FZ20

Need one with the lens shade. Anyone?
  5. gromitspapa

Cheap P&S + hood recommendation?

I need to find a camera like this with a hood to shoot cars for online listings, often with the camera pointed towards the sun. I was ready to go with a Panasonic Lumix FZ20 (or similar), which has a huge flower hood, but learned it interferes with the low light autofocus and close up flash...
  6. gromitspapa

FS: Sigma DP1 w/Voigtlander viewfinder

Seldom used, minty condition. Includes Franiec grip, Sigma HA-11 hood adapter, Sigma EF-140 DG flash, two batteries, battery charger, original boxes, user's manual, Sigma Photo Pro software, warranty card as well as 28mm Voigtlander viewfinder. I'll also throw in a couple of 8GM SanDisk Extreme...
  7. gromitspapa

75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 new for $100

Should be a killer deal if anybody needs a lens like this. At Best Buy, pickup only. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7909196&productCategoryId=pcmcat171900050007&type=product&id=1149207366234
  8. gromitspapa

Alcatraz - the night tour

Photo album here. The boat leaves at 4:20, so I knew the light would be good when we circled the island about 15 minutes later. As for later, I figured it would be interesting... The Officer's Club (or what's left of it). Built 1910: Down the cell block: The cafeteria...
  9. gromitspapa

FS: Ricoh GX100 VF kit + extras

Camera is in minty condition with box and everything that came in it. Never got around to using the viewfinder. Also included is Ricoh SC-45 leather case, 2GB SanDisk Extreme III SD card, and Metz 20 C-2 flash (NIB). This has been a great camera! $350 including PayPal, shipping, and insurance to...
  10. gromitspapa

FS: Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 for Nikon $400

This has been a great lens. I replaced it with a Tokina 11-16mm for low light use. I haven't bought or sold anything used here, but I have 100% feedback on eBay as gromitspapa. Mount shows minimal wear, one side of hood is worn. Probably has about 200 clicks on it. Lens has never been hit or...
  11. gromitspapa

Free Lexar 4 GB CF cards

I don't know how good these cards are, but the price is right. Put it in the cart to see the $70 price & rebate. Limit 3. http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=LXCF4G300X
  12. gromitspapa

WTB: Sigma DP1

Looking for a DP1 in excellent/mint condition. Will sell my Ricoh GX100 (minty with low clicks) with VF and Ricoh leather case or work out trade...
  13. gromitspapa

Motorcycle racing at Infineon Raceway

Last Saturday had AMA Superbike and Formula Xtreme at Infineon. I went there to get some shots of this hot-rod version of my bike run by San Jose BMW competing in Formula Xtreme (action shots taken with 300mm f/4 and 70-200VR on D300): #98 Jake Zemke ran away with the race on his Honda...
  14. gromitspapa

Vintage motorcycle show

May 3rd was the third annual "Legend of the Motorcycle" Concours d'Elegance. It's held at the Ritz Carlton at Half Moon Bay, and is reputed to be the best show of its kind in the world. The featured marques were Norton and MV Agusta. Photo album here. These were taken with the D300 set to...
  15. gromitspapa

Near Virginia City

Near Virginia City (as in Bonanza), there's sort of a junkyard right alongside the road. Some figures have been crafted amongst the junk, too. These were all shot with the D300 and 17-55, some hopped up on Nik filters...
  16. gromitspapa

Twilight and beyond in Truckee, CA

Really charming, funky town. The first was shot with the 70-200VR, the rest with the 17-55, all hand held (forgot the plate the tripod grips onto). Used some Nik filters on #3 and #5...
  17. gromitspapa

Spy cam

300mm telephoto candids. Kinda fun...
  18. gromitspapa

D300 at ISO 3200

Just walking around the neighborhood testing the 300mm AF-S f/4 that just arrived. It was around 7pm, so it was getting dark. These are all at ISO 3200, f/4, vivid (except the shingled house), high ISO NR on (default), and handheld. Maybe these aren't the best kinds of test photos, but I'm...
  19. gromitspapa

Call AAA

I can't get my truck started. I keep driving by this old graveyard of trucks and tractors on Mt. Rose Hwy going to Reno...
  20. gromitspapa

South Lake Tahoe on the bike

Still kinda cold out, but wanted to do a Cabin Fever/Charge the Battery ride, so I headed south along the east side of the lake, taking the GX100 along and making several stops. Glenbrook is the highest-end neighborhood at the lake, from what I'm told. This could be seen from Hwy 28 along the...