The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. RichA

Only reason I won't get an M1: the M5

I've looked at lots of examples and I believe the M5 has an edge in sharpness, resolution and contrast. Noise seems about the same. I like the M1 body, but they did something to the camera that changed the image look from the M5. The difference is small, but it reminded me a lot of the image...
  2. RichA

Informal IBIS tests of E-5M using 12-50mm

Just some hand-held stuff. Olmpus OM-D E-M5 IBIS SETTINGS TEST photo - Richard Anderson photos at pbase.com Olympus OM-D E-5M IBIS test speed range photo - Richard Anderson photos at pbase.com
  3. RichA

Used camera equipment sale Sunday

I thought this would appeal to m4/3rds shooters owing to all the old lenses we can adapt. You can often get good deals here. Last time I got a 35mm f2.0 Takumar (the smaller one) for $40.00. The Society holds these kinds of sales now about six times a year or so. Some are at a hotel in...
  4. RichA

Naaa! It's a bit much for a 35mm...

*Rare* Leica Leitz Summilux 35mm f/1.4 *black Paint* w/ filter 35 F1.4 | eBay
  5. RichA

$48 for a rubber eyecup? Kidding, right??

OFFICIAL Olympus eyecup EP-11 for OM-D E-M5 | eBay
  6. RichA

I'd like something like this for the E-M5

Leica’s Lens Holder M Will Hold A Second Lens And Provide A Handgrip Too*|*Digital Cameras Planet Blog
  7. RichA

Old Oly 40-150mm on E-M5 AMMENDED!!!

Boy is THIS embarrassing! In the first thread, I said the old 4/3rds lens took time to focus, then when the shutter button was pushed, it took a couple seconds for the shutter to fire. WRONG! I had the camera's 2 second time delay on!!! Sorry! The shutter fires when the shutter release is...
  8. RichA

Old Oly 4/3rds 40-150mm on E-M5

Upside. It works very well optically, stop it down a stop or so and it produces very good images. The shot below was taken over 500ft through heat waves, since it was 34 C. here today in Toronto. Downside: 2 seconds to lock focus, then, press shutter, wait 1.5 seconds and then it fires! NOT...
  9. RichA

Comparo: Pan 14-45mm, Oly 12-50mm & Oly 14-42mm 4/3rds

To see the full-sized images, click the link. To see the differences, you really have to. Also, anyone looking for a really decent kit lens (and if you got the 4/3rds to m4/3rds electronic adapter in the E-M5 North American deal) Henry's Outlet store in Mississauga, Ontario has five of the...
  10. RichA

Olympus OM-1 and E-M5 from the top

11. RichA

Panasonic 14-45mm versus Olympus 12-50mm on E-5M

More chromatic aberration on the Panasonic, but it is much sharper wide open at the edge. I missed the extra 2mm in width since I sold my Nikon D300 and 16-85mm (a fantastic, underappreciated lens) so I'm glad I got the 12-50, but for maximum benefit, it has to be stopped down. The Olympus...
  12. RichA

Could be one of the first silver OM-D's in Canada

I just picked it up.
  13. RichA

First I ever heard of this lens

I knew about some specialized Nikons from the 1960s like this. Olympus ultra micro lens 12mm f/2.2 ordered by TDC in M42 mount and C reverse | eBay
  14. RichA

Silver OM-D kits delivery delayed

Of course that's what I ordered! :)
  15. RichA

Check out this $700 macro lens

5:1 mag. Take a look at the full-sized fly head on the left. It's unreal. ShaShinKi.com ~ Malaysia's First & Largest Online Camera Shop!
  16. RichA

Canon 200mm f2.8 good, adapter-BAD!

Picked up the old FD Canon for a song but the FD adapter I have is shabby, straight from China, doesn't lock well, there is play. The m4/3r bayonet part works well enough. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just unify the adapter with epoxy and leave it on the lens since there is little need for the...
  17. RichA

Too chicken to buy the new OM-D, got GH2 instead

Maybe I've been pre-conditioned to brand new cameras by having owned a D7000 (focus issues) for a week and seeing the Fuji X10 orb debacle? I was able to pick-up a GH2 and 14-140mm for $1100.00 so now I can wait (though I want the OM) for a month or two and see what the consumers say about the...
  18. RichA

OM-D (what is with the body covering?)

Look on Dpreview, there is a shot of the silver body with a pebble-grain covering (which I like) and all the other shots show a smoother covering, which I would choose second. Any further information on this?
  19. RichA

Olympus about to release new kind of camera?

This should be interesting. I hope the new one isn't a vastly overpriced, small sensored job like the Pentax Q. http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Olympus_primes_CSC_with_breakthrough_viewfinder_plus_DSLR_news_310865.html
  20. RichA

NEX-7 noise is just too much!

It's at least 1.5 stops worse than the NEX-5N, worse than any other APS sensor including Samsung's 20MP model, worse than most of the m4/3rds gear and lastly, apparently worse than even Nikon's diminutive-sensor V10! Detail at 100-200 is very good, but once past that, cameras like the 5N...