The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Can anybody recommend a good Linhof dealer in the US?

Does anybody have good recommendations for a knowledgeable dealer in the US that is really familiar with the M679cs and techno cameras? Thanks BH appears to have pulled a lot of it's linhof gear from the online store. Would anybody care to guess why that might be?
  2. M

Question about Leica M shutter and long exposure times

I was wondering if there are certain shutter speeds where the shutter might create motion blur from in-camera vibrations? For example, if the Leica was mounted solidly on a tripod and the shutter was tripped using a cable release....at what shutter speeds might blurs start to show from...
  3. M

Summarit M lens hoods

What's the deal with these things? I read a lot of negative comments about them spinning around and not staying tight on the lens....Is that true? Can anybody tell me their experience? Thanks for any info
  4. M

Anybody own or familiar with the Alpa XY?

I'm probably not the first person to go back and forth when trying to decide between the XY and the Max. Is there anyone that owns an XY or is familiar with it that can point out any issues that they've had with the camera? I'm especially interested in how comfortable it is in terms of...
  5. M

Alpa Cameras: Image circle and focus

I'm wondering how the image circle of a lens relates to where the lens is focused in the scene. For example, a lens might have an image circle of 189 at F22 and focused at infinity. But what kind of image circle might that same lens have when focused at moderate distances or close focus...
  6. M

Working with filters and Alpa Cameras

I was hoping to get some feedback from Alpa owners about the use of filters in front of or behind the lens. What kind of experiences have they had with specific glass filters and vignetting? Are there certain filter and lens combos that don't work well? Others that do work well? Are there any...
  7. M

Alpa 6x9 film focal length questions

Hi, I'm thinking about switching to an Alpa 6x9 film setup but am having troubles making out exactly what the 35mm focal length equivalents are of many of the large format analog lenses. These are the analog lenses that I've been researching on the Alpa website: Schneider super angulon 38mm...