The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Robert Campbell

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

So, I'm a bit out of date. Comes from living on the "other island".
  2. Robert Campbell

Is WCC Wessex County Council?
  3. Robert Campbell

Fun with the Ricoh GR III

Thanks for the info, Tony. That looks interesting and not too bulky or cumbersome. Alas, I checked the website, and they no longer deliver to the UK; the never-ending joy of Brexit. I might be able to get one delivered to Dublin, in the Republic, though. Robert
  4. Robert Campbell

Thanks for the comparisons between 28mm and 40mm, Carl. I prefer the 40mm ones, for me it makes the "focal point" more obvious. I found 28mm was just too wide. Back in the day, I had a Minox 35EL with a 35mm lens; I could (and did) take it everywhere. This Ricoh looks like the digital...
  5. Robert Campbell

Carl, how do you find the difference between 28mm (equiv) and 40mm (equiv)? Is one more "natural" to your vision?
  6. Robert Campbell

Thanks for the info, Keith!
  7. Robert Campbell

The sundial on the right is quite conventional, but I don't think I've ever seen one quite like the one on the left with the strange angle of the gnomon.
  8. Robert Campbell

Mountain Pics

The Stockhorn, Bernese Oberland The Niesen, Bernese Oberland The Eiger, Bernese Oberland
  9. Robert Campbell

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

A Sliver Wraith, very elegant. Early 50s.
  10. Robert Campbell

Share your Tree Photos

Cuba 2007, Ricoh compact
  11. Robert Campbell

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Cuba 2007, Ricoh compact
  12. Robert Campbell

Fun With the Leica CL

55-135 Apo zoom at 135mm, 1/125, f/4.5, ISO 200, cropped There are a couple of small trees overlooking the birdy feeder. This is one of the four robins watching out for an opportunity. I can't take any credit/blame for this. Son #2 was holding the camera and pressed the release. I was trying to...
  13. Robert Campbell

Strange light today in Lauerz, Switzerland

Heidi in the novel said when she saw it that "the mountains are on fire".
  14. Robert Campbell

This is Legananny Dolmen in N Ireland, some years ago with the original Monochrom:
  15. Robert Campbell

Fun with Leica Compact Cameras

Ah yes, the difference between a route march and a wee dander! 😁
  16. Robert Campbell

The new Leica Q2 Monochrom

Your review makes a good pair with Sean Reid's. I hope you get another Q2M when the plague has passed, or at least lessened sufficiently, so we can see more of what it can achieve in practice; clock faces are all very well, but I prefer to look at real-world images.
  17. Robert Campbell

Getting the best B&W rendering from digital.

Comments to the effect that, "I can't get my digital images to look like analogue (film emulsion) ones" are common enough, expressing frustration. I don't remember seeing, "I can't get my emulsion images to look like digital ones". No doubt someone will correct me, but still.
  18. Robert Campbell

Fun with Leica Compact Cameras

Unfortunate name for a river ;)
  19. Robert Campbell

Help needed please.

If your problem, or worry, is that one camera will fail, then why not have a second body of the same type? They need not be identical but should be able to use all the lenses. That would mean carrying 2 bodies and the lenses you prefer. If one body fails, you still have a back-up. That would be...
  20. Robert Campbell

Help needed please.

"I travel a lot...overseas destinations." You are lucky to be able to do that these days. However, what is the purpose of this travel? Is it primarily for business, or primarily for photography (and leisure)? Secondly, while you have two camera systems, why do you need both? (I plead ignorance...