The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Annna T

GetDPI and Flickr are no more playing nicely together ?

It seems that Flickr and GetDPI are no more playing nicely together : I'm now getting a strong phishing alert each time I'm trying to view the full size of pictures stored at Flickr. This with any picture of anybody. I got that first while using an iPad and Safari (last version of IOS and...
  2. Annna T

Fishing problem when viewing images stored at Flickr

It seems that Flickr and GetDPI are no more playing nicely together : I'm now getting a strong phishing alert each time I'm trying to view the full size of pictures stored at Flickr. This with any picture of anybody. I got that first while using an iPad and Safari (last version of IOS and...
  3. Annna T

Some get it.. (not a rant)

I found that interesting, because I like what engineers are doing with MFT at Olympus : Focus Numérique (a French online magazine) recently interviewed Toshiyuki Terada from Olympus Japan (he was Product planning manager back in 2010, but could have climbed the ladder and got more...
  4. Annna T

B&H workers complaining about discrimination

B&H workers aren't happy with their working conditions; those working at the Manhattan warehouse are complaining about ethnic and gender discrimination (unequal pay for same work, unequal promotion opportunities etc.), about too high time pressure to fetch and deliver products and about the lack...
  5. Annna T

Several Olympus bodies get a firmware update

There is a new firmware available for several Olympus bodies. Check the list here to see whether your body is eligible for this update : Joint update service for OLYMPUS E-SYSTEM - OLYMPUS Digital Camera It concerns neither the E-M1 nor the E-M5II which have been updated in December 2015, but...
  6. Annna T

Mmmm.. That 21mm Loxia looks good

There is already a short review with lots of pictures and, well I know, one can't trust everything written on the net, but that 21mm Loxia looks good. #423. Zeiss Loxia 21 ? Two brief reviews of a brilliant new ultra-wide | DearSusan The lack of AF could be a problem with my bad eyes.. But...
  7. Annna T

Good news for Sony A7II owners : firmware update

This firmware update will add uncompressed raws and better focusing with adapted lenses, in particular A lenses. Sony to Bring Uncompressed Raw to a7 II via Firmware Update; Follow B&H Photo Explora Blog for Updates Edit : that page is no longer available. But you can read the gist of it here...
  8. Annna T

Sony updates the remote app for tablets and mobiles

I just saw on my iPad that Sony has issued a new version of the PlayMemory Mobile app. on the 26th October. Among the new features : Easier connection to the camera with a QR code. Improvements to the remote shooting app. The remote app. inside of the camera needs to be updated to version...
  9. Annna T

Voigtländer to launch tiny E-mount lenses ? Full frame ?

It seems that Voigtländer is going to announce a new line of E-mount lenses. They should be tiny ! and some say they will be full frame. At least that is what Sonyalpharumors pretends. Good news if that is true ;)
  10. Annna T

About posting original pictures on GetDpi forums

Everyone is excited by the isssue of the new A7r2 and lucky forumers who already could put a hand on it are nicely sharing pictures with the other members; same for the Batis lenses. So far so good and many thanks for that. I appreciate and the others forumers too. However posting original...
  11. Annna T

Petition for Sony lossless raw files compression

There is a petition going on at change.org concerning the Sony raw file compression. It is going on since a few months so you may already know about it. If not think about it, you may help it reach the threshold of 1000 voices. Here's the link...
  12. Annna T

28mm F2 : first sample pictures

There is a first review of the 28mm FE here. It is written in an exotic language, but there are several samples pictures, including brick walls showing the sharpness in the corners and a lot of other "real life" pictures. There are also several pictures taken with the two converters. The pics...
  13. Annna T

For heavy power user on A7 series

Just found an interesting link on SonyAlpha Rumors. It gives you hints on how to add more battery power on the A7 series (or the Nex using the same batteries). There is a video, but the most interesting part lies in the links added in the comment section : To make story short : that guy (a...
  14. Annna T

A native 21mm F2.8 lens is coming, but ?

Look at that : A 21mm F2.8 lens, in native FE mount and only weighting 290gr. That is exactly the lens I would like and I wonder why neither Zeiss nor Sony has already offered one. I don't know that company, but if the corners behave (aka you need sharp corners on a wa lens for...
  15. Annna T

Sigma : FE mount too small for ART quality lenses

Sigma, recently interviewed by Mr Sama of the Spanish "DSLR Magazine", say they are receiving many requests for the development of FE mount lenses. But they consider the E mount diameter too small to produce excellent FF lenses like those of the ART series. DSLR Magazine: hoy por hoy, el...
  16. Annna T

René Burri is deceased

I have just heard at the evening TV news that René Burri died of cancer. He was 81 years old. Happily he has left us so many good pictures that he will stay with us many more years. You can read more about his life here at Wikipedia And look at his pictures here at Magnum Photography.
  17. Annna T

35mm F2 Loxia compared to the 35mm F2.8 ZM

The 35mm F2 Loxia compared to the 35mm F2.8 ZM with a few pictures here It looks clearly better. The bokey is nice too, but I would like to see how the corners look when the lens is stopped down to F4-5.6 .. At F2 there is still quite a lot of smearing, but wide open you don't expect perfect...
  18. Annna T

Three fast 25mm primes compared (50mm equivalent)

A Dutch site has published a comparative review of the three 25mm lenses available for MFT bodies : here an English link through google translate There is a test with full size photos for download. I'd say : advantage to the Olympus which has sharper corners at F1.8, is lighter and cheaper ...
  19. Annna T

DXO/DPreview test of the 35mm 2.8 FE

As said in the subject line : look here
  20. Annna T

DPreview review of A7r is out

No surprise here, it got a gold award with a score of 82 points Sony Alpha 7R Review: Digital Photography Review