The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

A few with the VC 90 F2.8 Apo-Skopar / M11 Monochrom
  2. D

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

M11M
  3. D

Leica M11M learning curve

HIghlight metering and exposure bracketing ... normal, -2/3, -4/3 .... and normally a 3 stop ND filter as I fear a Red filter will add contrast by truncating the tonal range ... so things bunch up. I tend to pick the lowest exposure the majority of the time .... Use C1 export to Photoshop for...
  4. D

Fun with Nikon Images 2022

While we embrace the traditions .... Z9 85 S thanks as always to Joe Colson for the script ...
  5. D

As does the flora .... Z9 85 S
  6. D

We take Christmas for its core here in Texas .... Z9 85 S
  7. D

Sunset Bar says anything goes, so why censor?

Appropriate forum meaning on another planet ....
  8. D

Editing 5.5k raw video canon 1dx mark iii or r5??? Any problem with replay?

I edit and render in real time ... 23.976 in Davinci Resolve Studio. However the H.265 files need to be transcoded .... if you capture 4K 10 bit 422 to external PR HQ on an external monitor it is seemless and fast in edit/render. NO heat issues with the 1DX Mk III ... and the files are...
  9. D

So Nepal and Tibet were ... according to your list ... not distinct countries ... similar to their assertion that Taiwan is a daughter state. They displaced, killed and subjugated more than a million individuals living peacefully in those areas to unspeakable brutality. Do not want to prolong...
  10. D

Your points are well reasoned and many here, myself included are disgusted with many present and historical acts of our government. As you pointed out in another of jd’s boycott threads .... multinational corporations do notice what impacts their bottom line ... less so those funded and...
  11. D

And that is a very dangerous sentiment ... reminds me of C S Lewis and The Screwtape Letters ... Post-modern reductionist view of the world. No absolutes ... right defined by whatever the circus calls good. But I posit that it will not stand in the face of history nor in the light of a greater...
  12. D

Really? Tell that to those in Nepal ... or the Uighurs ... let alone those in Hong Kong ... how about the Rep of China? There is so much disinformation about the level of repression, aggression and oppression inherent in today's China ... Tiananmen square .... Covid 19 dissimulation ...
  13. D

Sony 'Tough' SD card recall

Its real Received my replacements with a fortnight ... Shame that I only use CFExpress at this point ... yet another product for my stamp collection.
  14. D

How Can We Help GetDPI Stay Alive

I assume that I am in the minority but a subscription model would be advantageous ... in many ways. New members could have a couple of weeks to browse without contributing ... then commit if they wish to stay on board. Since this site does not generate income ... especially now by number of...
  15. D

Any vintage audio enthusiasts?

Quick update ... from John Darko. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up2SE4BkDyI Bob
  16. D

This is my second attempt to respond to your question ... looking up a link I lost an hour of reply ... probably in everyone's favor. The key to Roon is its very deep metadata database and streaming engine ... it allows for unbelievable searches based on musician, composer, band members, song...
  17. D

Too much time on my hands ... cannot apologize enough for entering this discussion. Cameras and HiFi both lead one to Dante's Gate ... Audio Research ... Quad ESL 63 ... vinyl ... approached for me the ability to place the performer in the room ... A never ending quest for a sound ... that...
  18. D

Anybody Considering a Mac Pro ..How to Configure ?

Neil, Check your configuration ... looks like two of the ram modules are not reported in the picture on the right ... may not be seated correctly. Should report 96 not 64. Regards, Bob
  19. D

Here: https://youtu.be/fLRRStkhcuQ
  20. D

In 1979 a colleague and friend of mine was in charge of TV advertisements for a major phone company ... he said that they would start a render on Friday in hopes that a usable video was available on Monday morning. For pros and studios the hardware costs are a small part of the budget. With my...