The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. JBurnett

Canon G5X Mark II

I assume that this is where discussion/images about cameras with 1" sensors might go. I purchased the Canon G5X Mark II about a year ago as an adjunct to my full-frame Sony A7II. The idea was that it would be taken along when I wasn't deliberately going out to photograph, and wanted something...
  2. JBurnett

M4/3 bodies: Wealth of Choice, Quandry for Me

I now live in a beautiful part of my country (Canada) in which I feel very at home (hooray). But I'm also far from a bricks and mortar store, and the ability to personally hold and play with intended purchases. Yes, I know that good on-line retailers will accept returns when an item is...
  3. JBurnett

LX100 and GM5

Well, they're here and quite exciting. Hooray for EVF's! As someone old enough to be affected by presbyopia, I applaud. The LX100 looks to be the camera that I was looking for/hoping for way back in 2000 when I first started looking at digital. The Panasonic LC1 (2004) almost lured me. Time...
  4. JBurnett

Two-body Bag

Talking camera bags, here, not something from CSI. :) Sometimes I like to use a variety of primes and two bodies. I prefer to have lenses mounted on both bodies (hoods on the right way), and quick access to 2-3 other lenses. I have a think-tank belt system that mostly works (with hubba-hubba...
  5. JBurnett

LX5 Firmware Version 2.0 released today

And it addresses one of my pet peeves about this superb little camera. The size of the auto-focus box (which I usually have set as small as it will go for spot focusing) now persists after turning the camera off. http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/LX5/index.html
  6. JBurnett

B&W printing

Originally posted in the 4/3 forum, but I'm sure there is expertise to tap in to here. The suggestion of a print reminds me that I'm still trying to decide what to do about B&W prints. My Epson R800 has never been consistent for B&W, and it's limited in size of course (8.5 x 11"). I don't...
  7. JBurnett

Daypack/Backpack for m-4/3 +++ ?

I used to have a LowePro Rover II for my Canon DSLR equipment on full-day hikes. While the upper part was big enough for what I needed (rain jacket & pants or sweater, extra socks, lunch, snacks, water), the lower part was too big for my micro-4/3 gear (at most, the G1, 20, 45, 14-45 and...
  8. JBurnett

Groupings, Sets and Series

After having some renovations done at home, I decided to replace two "groups" of photos on the walls with newer pics. I always find that choosing these sets is an interesting and challenging process (which, in my case, also involves the opinon of other family members and friends). It is clearly...
  9. JBurnett

What to do with your old camera...

OK, this doesn't really have anything to do with 4/3 or m4/3, except that most of us got here from some other camera system, and some of us have old equipment hanging around. Here's what one guy in Vulcan, Alberta Canada did with his. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-NMa8u0OJ8 It reminds me of...