The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. E

Fun with Nikon Images

"Wind Chime" - D90 + Sigma 50-150/2.8 non-OS
  2. E

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series So many nice pictures in this thread, i don't know where to start. Is the A7(r) responsible for so much creativity? :thumbup:
  3. E

Normal to Portrait Zoom for E-mount

Yep, that lens sounds just right. And since that lens was unique, it also alludes to the fact not many people were looking for that focal length range back then either...
  4. E

Aha! 16-70/4 on APS-C E-mount. Now that is pretty close to what i am looking for. Anybody know of any rumours of upcoming standard focal length f/2.8 zooms in that range for mirrorless? Are they afraid it would be too big & heavy? (although the old Tamron 28-75/2.8 on traditional dSLR systems...
  5. E

Hi Jim, Hmm, 35-100/2.8... nice lens. I find, however, that 35mm is just too long to get those nearby / group shots, as it translates to ~70mm (135/FF eq).
  6. E

Anybody suggest a normal to telephoto zoom for E-mounts? I'm looking to build a mirrorless system and weighing options between the usual culprits (Sony, Olympus, and Fuji), and one of the requirements of the prospective system is that it has a zoom that covers the normal to portrait focal length...
  7. E

A55 underexposure

Noticed it too on my A55, especially in low light using any of the AE exposure modes (everything except M, obviously). I don't know if it's because the Auto ISO does not want to go higher than 1600, but i often need +1 to +2 EV for low light shots, and +2/3 to +1 EV for regular indoor shots...
  8. E

Lens recommendations for NEX-5?

I don't think that is correct. It is supposed to be a wide-angle lens, and is likely a 24/2 Zeiss like they have for the A-mount. It couldn't be a 35/1.4 because 35 mm is not a wide-angle lens on E-mount.
  9. E

24/2 finally

I'm of the opinion that Sony/Zeiss don't have the kind of superlative corner performance for their wide-angle lenses that one might expect given their reputation. I wasn't that impressed by the ZA 24-70's corner performance, and was disappointed by the ZA 16-35's corner performance (especially...
  10. E

Positive Feedback

Buyer: Ironhorse Seller: me (e_dawg) Item: CV 50/1.5 Nokton Pleasure to deal with Ironhorse as a buyer. He paid quickly and was very friendly and easy to deal with. Thanks Joe! Sincerely, -Shawn
  11. E

Positive Feedback

Buyer: patashnik Seller: me (e_dawg) Item: Zeiss ZM 21mm C-Biogon patashnik was an excellent buyer. Friendly, quick payment, pleasure to deal with. Thank you for an excellent transaction, Svein! Sincerely, -Shawn
  12. E

FS: Zeiss ZM 35mm f/2.8 and 21mm f/4.5, Voigtlander CV 50mm f/1.5 Nokton

Update: The CV 50/1.5 plus adapter, and therefore, all items, have been SOLD. Thank you for your interest.
  13. E

Update: The ZM 35/2.8 and 21/4.5 have been SOLD.
  14. E

** PRICE DROP ** Zeiss ZM C-Biogon 35mm f/2.8 - $595 USD + shipping Zeiss ZM C-Biogon 21mm f/4.5 - $695 USD + shipping Cosina Voigtlander 50mm f/1.5 Nokton - $359 USD + shipping
  15. E

I have the following Leica M and LTM mount lenses FOR SALE: ZM 35/2.8, ZM 21/4.5, CV 50/1.5 Nokton. *** COMBO DEAL: If you buy 2 lenses, get $20 off. If you buy all 3 lenses, get $40 off. *** ------------------------------------- Zeiss ZM C-Biogon 35mm f/2.8 - Leica M-bayonet mount - LN-...
  16. E

Positive Feedback

Seller: Tony Beach Buyer: me (e_dawg) Item: Minolta 35/2 Tony was an excellent seller. Very friendly, and a pleasure to deal with. The lens works great -- thank you. Sincerely, -Shawn
  17. E

Positive Feedback

Buyer: m3obsessed Seller: me (e_dawg) Item: Nikon D300 Gerard was an excellent buyer. Very communicative and careful about what he's buying, but straight up, decisive, and efficient. A pleasure to deal with, and i would recommend him as a buyer. Thanks Gerard. Hope you really enjoy taking...
  18. E

WTB: Sony or Minolta 35/1.4G

WTB Sony or Minolta 35/1.4G Let me know what you have, age/condition, pics, price, shipping to Canada, etc. Thanks ;)
  19. E

FS: Canon S90 BNIB

The camera has been sold. Thank you for your interest.
  20. E

FS: Nikon D300

Whoops, i meant camera. It was a long day at the office :( In any event, the D300 is sold...