The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. thrice

Voigtlander 21/1.4 VM, 75/1.5 VM. Loxia 21mm.

Hi folks, Lightening the lens load since I'm aboard the Fujifilm GFX train. Both Voigltander lenses are like new. The Loxia I would class as excellent, with flawless glass but a couple of marks on the barrel (see pics) and one bright spot in an inconspicuous place on the side of the hood which...
  2. thrice

Alpa FPS on TV in Australia

Just saw this on regular network TV, looks like an fps with an hcd lens and iq back! https://youtu.be/O6jsHOUUQTk
  3. thrice

Planoconvex (PCX) filter for 35mm ZM Distagon on A7/9 cameras

Hello all, I made some filters to correct astigmatism and field curvature of the 35mm ZM Distagon on the Sony A7/9 series cameras. These are in a handy 49mm filter thread and silver colour to match the nose of the lens. You can also use a lens spanner or rubber tool to take the retaining ring...
  4. thrice

Front Filter Corrects Corner Smearing

I thought I should repost this here as well since it really is such a revelation for those who enjoy using rangefinder and legacy wide angles on A7* bodies. The original solution was theorised by HaruhikoT on Fred Miranda forums here: Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing - FM Forums :clap...
  5. thrice

FS: GITZO GT3542LOS Ocean Systematic 3-series

Great condition (almost as new), actual pics forthcoming. Stock pics: I will include the original Gitzo bag (usually purchased separately) for this as well. Spare o-rings, brushes and Gitzo lubricant included as well. Located in Melbourne, will post worldwide. USD$1300 incl post Customs...
  6. thrice

FS: Sony 55mm f1.8 ZA FE Sonnar

Selling because I want to try the Loxia even though it is reportedly a little softer and less '3D' I just love manual focus. 2 tiny pin prick marks on the barrel. Glass flawless, hood never taken out of the plastic. Bought direct from Sony. Very sharp across the field. USD $700 +...
  7. thrice

A7*2 Resolution Drop with >3.2s Exposure

I imagine quite a few of you have seen the Petapixel article about the 'star eater' behaviour in Sony A7RII 3.3 (and A7SII 2.10) firmware. I have also observed another undesirable attribute of this behaviour - it destroys resolution. All taken with Pentax HD 35mm adapted to Sony. Camera set to...
  8. thrice

Pentax HD PENTAX-D FA645 35mm f/3.5 AL [IF] Lens

This lens is a cracker! I used it on the A7RII with a pair of kipon shift adapters (one of which also tilted) to get a 54x36mm equiv 95 Megapixel image. At f/11 the image is sharp all the way out to the corners. It has a tiny bit of CA but that cleans up perfectly in LR. Very low distortion...
  9. thrice

Duratrans colour calibration

Hi all, I'm after some advice. I recently had duratrans prints made and diasec mounted. The process cost me thousands but it was a labor of love. My issue comes with the colour representation when backlit. I am seeing a strong shift of dark green toward brown. eg (excuse mobile phone photo)...
  10. thrice

Schneider 35XL Alpa Mount, Schneider 50/2.8 Super-Angulon Alpa Mount

Selling my two gorgeous wide angle lenses. Both extremely sharp at working apertures (f/8-f/16) and sharp in the centre wide open IMO on my P45. 35XL bought new from Linhof Studio, I chose the 52mm thread version as I don't like the bulk of the APO-Switar. Includes HPF ring and Center Filter...
  11. thrice

Alpa STC, 17 Tilt, Mamiya plate, Viewfinder, Groundglass, hand strap and sync cord

Selling my beloved Alpa STC and some related bits and bobs. One small scratch next to the release latch for the rear mount. otherwise EX++ Includes TWO STC-specific tripod plates for the Linhof levelling head AKA Alpa 3D Micro levelling head. Truly a marvel of engineering this camera. Bought new...
  12. thrice

Phase One P45 Mamiya Mount 12449 actuations, 5 batteries

Great condition, only very hard to see hairline marks on the chassis and screen. Treated like my firstborn. Performs admirably. Extremely Low noise long exposures up to about 20 mins (max I've needed). Used on a tech cam so the sync port cover was cut. I have that little piece of rubber and...
  13. thrice

It's alive! Fast wide angle for Alpa

Rollei Schneider 50/2.8 Super-angulon PQS AFD adapted to Alpa mount. Big thanks to SK Grimes and ecbuyonline (Rudy) on eBay for their assistance. Post any questions here and I'll attempt to answer them :) Quick informal brick wall photos below. I'll probably do some more precisely groundglass...
  14. thrice

New Loupe for Alpa Groundglass

I decided my PEAK loupe wasn't quite up to the task of composing in bright light and I needed a full groundglass loupe. With very few ~6x7cm loupes out there I decided to take a leaf out of the book of many an internet photography hacker and took the rear cell out of an otherwise junked lens. To...
  15. thrice

12mm Voigtlander Screw Mount Silver

Excellent condition. Tiny lens, flawless optical condition, I can't see any marks on the barrel. Some very minor scratches on the front cap. Truly a miraculously sharp and low distortion lens. Screw mount -> M adapter included. Viewfinder for sale here. $350 Buyer pays post and paypal fees.
  16. thrice

12mm and 18mm viewfinders Zeiss & Voigtlander

I have no idea why it took me so long to put these up for sale. I no longer have a rangefinder and so these have to go on to a new home. Photos taken in a bit of a rush, I've checked over the optics on everything and there are no imperfections, only dust. The new version 12mm Voigtlander has...
  17. thrice

Rodenstock CF, Gitzo Head, Lee RF75 system, Nodal Ninja Pano head

Hi all, A couple more things I need to get out of my camera collection. I am in Australia. Rodenstock Center Filter 0.45ND E67/E86 1.5 stops. I used it on 4x5 with a 75mm. Mint. $150 buyer pays post. Gitzo GH5381SQR ball head for series 2, 3 and 4 Systematic tripods Ex+++. Box, all...
  18. thrice

Schneider 75mm f/2.0 Xenon Alpa SB17 mount

For sale is my little frankenlens a Schneider 75mm f/2.0 Xenon originally for Arri Cine cameras. In a Prontor press shutter with correct aperture scale. Mounted on a Schneider 75mm Helical and adapted to an Alpa mount by SK Grimes. Requires a 17mm extension (I use the tilt adapter). Covers...
  19. thrice

Hasselblad 80/2.8 C T* CLA

Hi guys, Up for sale is my Hasselblad 80mm f/2.8 C T* planar in black. Pretty hard to get good condition C lenses and this one is a beautiful example of one. No marks on glass, one dust spec (see photos) and a recent overhaul by David Odess with only one roll shot with it since. All functions...
  20. thrice

WTB Canon CH-910 w/DC-920

Hi all, I'm after the Canon CH-910 and DC-920 not to charge batteries specifically but to power my P45 for longer than a single battery can. If anyone has one laying about and would like to turn it into cash please let me know. I'm in Australia so please bear that in mind ;) Thanks team, Dan