The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Panasonic 42.5mm f1.2 lens experiences?

No light leaks just glue residue. I walked back into my store after a month and they happily replaced it with one from a recently made delivery so fingers crossed the issue has been fixed. On another note, does everyone else's lens rattles when shaken, sounds like the floating OIS mechanism.
  2. M

Thats good to hear. A simple adjustment in lightroom helped a bit =) For me I shoot a lot of street fashion and I wasn't getting that subject separation and contrast like that of the other full frame shooters with my Oly 45mm. I am now getting something close to that with the Nocticron. I...
  3. M

lately I have been noticing purple and green fringing wide open in high contrast areas in lightroom 5.6 and now 5.7. Does anyone else see this? by the way this lens hasn't left the body since day one of putting it on =) Will have to come off eventually.
  4. M

First outing today, no filter =) The sharpness and contrast from this lens is amazing. I can't put my finger on it but it definitely has its own character over the Olympus 45 1.8.
  5. M

Just wondering how many of the owners here are putting a filter over their glass? I'm split between protecting it and not adding any more glass to it =)
  6. M

GH3 Manual Focus?

a quick flick of the thumb switch from auto to manual focus does the trick for me. Is this what you are after? if i am not mistaken you can then decide if you want it to zoom in or not for focusing in the menus. Not much of a focus by wire fan myself either. There is also an auto + manual...
  7. M

Recommended EOS to M4/3 adapter please.

yeah, i wouldnt normally buy canon mount either but I had an impulse ebay moment and surprisingly got my hands on an mp-e 65mm macro, with an adapter as an afterthought.
  8. M

Recommended EOS to M4/3 adapter please.

Hi everyone, Can anyone recommend a good EOS adapter for my lumix gh. My googling doesnt seem to yeild any good results. The one that keeps on coming up is the kipon one with the built in aperture blades. But something tells me that this isn't an ideal solution to controling aperture. Next...
  9. M

Higher shutter speed with flash GH1

I ended up getting this to use with my oly FL50-R eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d the pins are a tad too long which makes it bloody hard to insert. it was either that or i waas inserting it the wrong way lol. never the less i ended up grinding the pins down with...
  10. M

Compatable super FP mode wireless flash units?

i guess my only option is a ttl sync cabe then for super FP mode? doesnt seem to be anything for panasonic. this looks like it caters for all the pins but it says its made for canon. http://www.phottix.com/en/phottix-odin-ttl-flash-trigger-for-canon.html
  11. M

Compatable super FP mode wireless flash units?

Hi everyone, I have a gh2 with fl-50r flash and a cactus V5 duo wirelss unit. I have just realised that super FP mode does not work with the cactus unit which was one of the main reasons why i went wireless. Doesnt have the exta contacts. It just wont go over 1/160 even though it says...
  12. M

Panasonic GH2 for video

it is the same process if you are already familiar, you just need the latest ptools and old firmware. there are just more people testing and providing their own working settings. just a matter of choosing one which is right for you, and i guess thats the hard part. =)
  13. M

Panasonic GH2 for video

the original reason for the upped bitrate was because of the macroblocking artifacts that appear on high detailed scenes when you quickly pan or move. this was due to the AVCHD being a variable codec so when nothing happens in the scene it drops its bitrate for efficiency sake to minimise file...
  14. M

Panasonic GH2 for video

sorry but i dont get why you are laughing. yes canons fly around 43Mbit but they also use a different codec. on the old firmware it was 17Mbit (SHD and FHD) and 24Mbit cinema mode standard. at 44Mbit my panasonic class 6 and transcend (yes i know its a cheapo) class 10 cannot write fast...
  15. M

Panasonic GH2 for video

jump onto the dvxuser ghx sub forum, you will get more answers and info there. i frequent it alot. I have patched mine to 34Mbit. stock 17Mb SHD and 24Mb FHD just doesn't cut it anymore. You will need to buy an ultra fast SD card in order to use the really high patches. Really keen on...
  16. M

external flash advice for G series cameras

I originally bought the Cactus V5 for my gh1 and Oly FL 50R flash . I am just a hobbyist, and to be honest I haven't yet gotten around to trying it out on the GH2 yet. I based my purchase on the good reviews on youtube =). I am sure you will have more experience as to specifics that you...
  17. M

GH2 and 14-140 advice needed - Rattle / fan noise

lens rattle is fine, its just the lens mechanisms unlocking and locking itself on startup, like a hdd head. thats my educated guess. fan is your IOS switched on in most cases. i have come across a number of threads of the same topic. turn it off or stick a manual lens on to see if it goes away.
  18. M

Kowa LM8HC full coverage 8mm f1.4 on standard m43 sensor (GF1, EP1 etc)

Re: Kowa LM8HC full coverage 8mm f1.4 not too bad but yeah not full coverage unfortunately
  19. M

45 f1.8 arrived

just to confirm this is focus by wire correct? how is the feel? I'm not a fan of the focus by wire on the panny lenses, one too many turns for my liking, especially for video.
  20. M

My First Shoot

i can see the first working if it wasnt so blue and abit more exposed. I like the second one.