The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Fun with the Olympus OMD

The object does not float and yes, it measures the displacement of water and then this is converted to a weight, 0.8L was deemed to be 0.8kg. To me there is a flaw in the process as does not float and it would mean the jewel box is denser than the water being displaced. It was a contest but...
  2. P

Fun with the Olympus OMD

I don't fully understand the practices of farming. This is a photo weighing part of a bull using Archimedes principle of displacement. Don't ask why as I cannot answer the question. A load of bull 2_S by Peter, on Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8
  3. P

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Save a life - have a beer... The Cat Gets It at Lyttelton_S by Peter, on Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8
  4. P

Punk meat music group The Burnt Sausages performing at the Candelo Village Festival breaking out of the glad wrapped meat tray and into action. Candelo Village Fair 15 The Burnt Sausages_S by peterb666, on Flickr Candelo Village Fair 16 The Burnt Sausages_S by peterb666, on Flickr Laying...
  5. P

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Taken with an Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Kowa Prominar 8.5mm f/2.8 - 5 shots in portrait mode and then stitched. Merimbula Lake Panorama v2 _S by peterb666, on Flickr
  6. P

Kowa: new kid on the (𝛍43) block ?

Re: Kowa: new kid on the (��43) block ? Not sure what the "IRT" stands for but the lens is very linear for an ultra wide. I haven't attempted photographing brick walls to confirm but if you get the horizontals and verticals right, nothing further to do to clean up the image. Yet to give the...
  7. P

Re: Kowa: new kid on the (��43) block ? Mine is all black. AFIK, that's the only colour shipping in the 8.5mm - it is the only one offered in Australia. There have been at least 3 variations of this lens in MFT mount. It is as though Kowa were having a problem deciding. The all...
  8. P

Re: Kowa: new kid on the (��43) block ? Received my Kowa 8.5mm the other day and while I haven't had much time with it, the build quality is sensational. I took delivery of the Kowa 8.5mm f/2.8 two days ago. Here is one of my first photos... Mitchies Jetty II 2_S by peterb666...
  9. P

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Nethercote Falls, Lochiel, New South Wales, Australia Nethercote Falls jpg_s by peterb666, on Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8 with Lee Little Stopper
  10. P

Fun with the Olympus OMD

My first attempt at photo stacking to get better shots of the moon. This one combines 16 images shot with an Olympus OM-D E-M5, Metabones Speed Booster and Sigma 150-500 zoom set to 500mm for an effective focal length of around 710mm. The image is cropped somewhat too. Moon by peterb666, on...
  11. P

Fun with the Olympus OMD

The Back Lake, Merimbula... Back Lake Merimbula 2_s by peterb666, on Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M5 and 12-50mm lens.
  12. P

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Thought I would have a little play with my Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Olympus 15mm f/8 lenscap lens while going for my daily walk. Tura-Short Point Beach 1_s by peterb666, on Flickr Tura-Short Point Beach 2_s by peterb666, on Flickr
  13. P

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Tura Beach Bird 3_s by peterb666, on Flickr
  14. P

Well after spending a long time not doing much photography, I did a little exploring some places near my new home at Tura Beach... This is Moruya Beach on the way down from Sydney and it was bleak to say the least. A couple of surf lifesavers looking after the closed beach... Moruya Beach_s...
  15. P

Sculptures by the Sea, Tamarama Beach (Sydney, Australia) Sculptures 3_s by peterb666, on Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M5, Metabones Speed Booster and Nikon 10-24mm zoom. Having a ball by the seaside_s by peterb666, on Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Olympus 12-50mm zoom.
  16. P

Metabones "Speed Booster"

Not yet - I left my filters at home but I had my filter holder on and there was no vignetting. When I first mounted the lens I did notice vignetting in the corners but that was indoors. I assume the vignetting is only at closer focus distances. I don't expect too much in the way of vignetting...
  17. P

Thanks Doug I wouldn't consider the Panasonic 7-14mm as it isn't that easy to mount filters on it. You can with a special adapter that goes with 130mm filters but it is an expensive route and turns a compact lens into something quite awkward. Other than the image quality, what surprised me...
  18. P

I love my Speed Booster. I put it on my Olympus OM-D E-M5 and hooked it up with my Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 zoom. Wow - I am really impressed. Como Baths - s by peterb666, on Flickr Como Sunrise 5 - s by peterb666, on Flickr Como Sunrise 4 - s by peterb666, on Flickr
  19. P

Lunar Park - Just for Fun by peterb666, on Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M5 and SLR Magic Hypercine 12mm T1.6
  20. P

I have a couple of old CY mount lesnes but not of the quality that I would bother using the Speed Booster with. If they would like to produce the Speed Booster in Nikon F mount with an aperture control for MFT lenses, I will definitely buy one. I would like to use the Nikon 10-24mm zoom on it...