The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Riley

Help requested with an impossible landscape conundrum

I dont hold with a need for UWA for landscapes, I use a 25mm for landscapes very often. That works out for me and gets a lot more use than the 45/1.8. If I wanted an optimised prime I think something very fast around 17mm more ideal, 75mm? a bit long
  2. Riley

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

nice ones Glenn I got 'orrible speckled skies with M1 because I wanted/needed to shoot at 5 secs
  3. Riley

Canon 6D or Nikon D600?

Canon has an outstanding reliability record at Lensrentals Nikon is turning out quite the opposite
  4. Riley

theyre similar in some ways, but no, its better than a GH2 for noise, mostly because of how it handles very deep shadows and blacks. In those circumstances around 1600-3200 it can be as more than a stops worth, and then it has IS and a shutter thats as soft as butter. Its hard to compete with...
  5. Riley

M1 Bathroom Olympus M1, 1/25th sec , ISO 200 Olympus Zuiko SHG 7-14/4, f/4.5 at 7mm FL50r TTL -1/3 OC ISO Bracket HDR
  6. Riley

its less saleable, and more limited distribution possibilities he does this because he doesnt really want to be a known face as much as possible thats why
  7. Riley

just an observation but... having a cupholder over a switch panel is looking for trouble
  8. Riley

Natures Carpet Olympus M1 1/2000th sec, ISO 200, -1/3 e/v Panasonic Leica Summilux 25/1.4 at f/5.6
  9. Riley

Riding the Squall Olympus M1 1/5000 sec, ISO 200 Panasonic Leica Summilux 25/1.4 at f/5.6
  10. Riley

The Violinist Olympus M1, 1/100th sec, ISO 2000 Olympus mZuiko 45/1.8 at 1.8
  11. Riley

Bird of Paradise Olympus M1, 1/1250 sec, ISO 200, -2/3 Olympus Zuiko 9-18 at f/4, 9mm
  12. Riley

Drift The Southern Ocean Olympus M1 1/800 sec, ISO 200, -1/3 e/v Panasonic Leica Summilux 25/1.4 at 7.1
  13. Riley

DXO Em-1

In the beginning the context of those previous discussions was based on your incorrect assertions that Olympus were cheating their ISO. The GetDPI Photography Forums - View Single Post - E-5 better in low light than D7000? Yes, maybe. Around that time you were using DxO noise data based on...
  14. Riley

DXO Em-1

I dont think DxO is a bad thing, but I can remember plenty of times when its been used to batter the 43rds format by individuals on a mission to destroy it. and I dont buy the 'bigger sensor is always better argument' it isnt. No camera is a panacea, they all have points for and against. As an...
  15. Riley

thanks Godfrey its the remains of a burnt tree and a rock formation on the ground you are probably right, and I should probably clone it out lets say pictorially wanting but spiritually perfect :) Im still getting a handle on M1 perfection comes later :)
  16. Riley

Tree in a Landscape Olympus M1, 1/320 sec, ISO 200 Olympus Zuiko 7-14, f/11, 10mm
  17. Riley

Fantastic shutter of the EM1

its a lovely sound at 10 fps the flutter shutter
  18. Riley

Lead Violin: Elizabeth Olympus M1, 1/100, ISO 1600, -0.3 e/v, Olympus 45/1.8 at 1.8, Digital 2x (set incamera) shot jpeg
  19. Riley

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

River Plain Olympus M1 1/3200.ISO 200 Panasonic Leica Summilux 25/1.4, f/5.0
  20. Riley

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Blue Sky Motel Olympus E5, 1/200th sec, ISO 200, -1/3 e/v Zuiko SHG 7-14/4, f/10, 8mm