The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Hacker

It does block slightly, but not a big deal.

It does block slightly, but not a big deal.
  2. Hacker

Anyone has the Cosina 17/0.95?

I intend to use the lens this weekend.
  3. Hacker

FS: Mint M-Hexanon 50mm F/1.2

As the TS of the link referenced, I can attest to the lens' superb qualities. Good luck with the sale.
  4. Hacker

FOUND: Hexanon 60mm 1.2

Re: WTB: Hexanon 60mm 1.2 Good choice! (Am the Stephen @ Lee referred in Yanidel's blog).
  5. Hacker

SOLD: USS Enterprise for Leica Noct 0.95

Re: WTT: USS Enterprise for Leica Noct 0.95 I trade you....... for a Klingon ship. No pictures as it is cloaked.
  6. Hacker

Negative feedback!!!

Very misleading description of the item. I trust the price is now adjusted to the true value of the lens based on the condition and the amount refunded accordingly.
  7. Hacker

FS: (EU) ALPA Kern Macro Switar 50/1.9

I can vouch for the quality of this lens. Just played with one not too long ago, and it was only the f/1.8. The f/1.9 is a legend indeed. Good luck on the sale Jonas.
  8. Hacker

FS: Voigtländer Color-Skopar 18mm f/4 LTM (Prototype)

This is RF coupled.
  9. Hacker

First shots with new 35mm 1.4 G

First day of school for 2011:
  10. Hacker

Compare - Nikon 35mm 1.4 vs. Nikon 24mm 1.4

I thought the 24mm was slightly faster when focusing. Did not really shoot much (waiting for the weekend), but the 35mm has good edge to edge definition wide open.
  11. Hacker

AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4G - good? bad?

I'm happy with mine. Wide open, sharp even at the edges.
  12. Hacker

Lens recommendations for M9

The types generally refer to the corresponding aperture speeds. e.g. Noctilux f/0.95, f/1 Summilux f/1.4 Summicron f/2 Summarit f/2.5 The Tri-Elmars are sharp, and the 28-35-50 is pre M8, so you can only get it secondhand. Otherwise, they are all sharp, just slower.
  13. Hacker

New Summilux-M 35 mm f/1.4 asph II

Here is the size comparison with the older ASPH version:
  14. Hacker

Noctilux 50mm f 1.0 as a single lens

You will be better off with the 24 f/1.4 and a 50mm lens (any 50mm will really do, though my preference is for the Summilux ASPH). I do not find the Noctilux covering partially the VF any issue at all.
  15. Hacker

MATE E55 vs E49 difference?

The correct hood for the Tri Elmar is here: http://www.adorama.com/LCLH283550M.html If you are referring to the 24mm Elmarit hood, it is here: http://www.adorama.com/LCLH2428M.html
  16. Hacker

how do you store your gear?

Unfortunately, some of us live in climates with high humidity.
  17. Hacker

how do you store your gear?

In a dry box, which is kept in a dry room. (some lenses are too big too fit, so I just leave them in bags which sit on a shelf).