The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Seascape

Leica cl vs Sony a7iii

Interesting comments that have a TOTALLY strange aspect to them. I have used Leica since 1970, then just being able to purchase a very well used early M2 with with a 50 Rigid cost me less than $200. Today I have a very nicely maintained and serviced 1970 M4 (bought as a reflection of my...
  2. Seascape

Gx9

I should mention that another reason why the GM1 was limiting to me was the fact that although it was small, unassuming, and had very good performance, if you wanted the BEST results from the GM1 holding it steady (without a tripod) was difficult. The 12 - 32 lens doesn't help in that regard...
  3. Seascape

Gx9

It is interesting how no one in this thread talks about a trade and purchase that was very interesting to me. I love the size, unobtrusive look (black of course), and superb file performance of what everybody considers a cheap P&S......a GM1 that I really liked, or for some people a GM5 with...
  4. Seascape

Fun w/Digital M Images

Same kit Monochrom MM1 and 28 Summaron.....great compact travel kit!!
  5. Seascape

Fun w/Digital M Images

MM1 Monochrom with 28 Summaron (current version).
  6. Seascape

The love for chrome, show off yours !!!

OK, OK IF you really want to do chrome right.......buy the original chrome with chrome the way Wetzlar always thought it should be:
  7. Seascape

The love for chrome, show off yours !!!

Chrome works nicely when paired with a contrasting body :toocool:
  8. Seascape

New/Old Summaron-M 28/5.6

Another image taken yesterday with the 28 5.6 Summaron: Something of note, image is straight out of camera - jPeg conversion only, notice the lack of distortion.....so much for a classic older design, obviously it was very well designed optically in 1958 when introduced. How many wide angle...
  9. Seascape

New/Old Summaron-M 28/5.6

Image taken with my just arrived, NEW 28mm Summaron (special order lens - possibly a limited edition). Now this Classic design is renowned for it's smooth transition of the focus plane (Bokeh is what people would better relate to today). While being extremely sharp with wonderful tones, it is...
  10. Seascape

Fun w/Digital M Images

Hi Godfrey, Just wondering about your impressions of the 90 Rokkor/Elmar C on a current 24MP sensor. I am thinking about one for a general purpose compact carry around 90 on not just a M240, a Monochrom, but also M43 16MP compact camera via adapter. How would you rate the colour fidelity...
  11. Seascape

Comparing the Leica S 007 to other MF alternatives

Love my Monochrom V1, I was recently offered a mint 246 at a very attractive price as a trade up. I said to the salesman (that I bought the mint V1 from just a year ago at a clear out price) "why would I do that, the V1 is the closest thing to my M4 (bought in 1970) and Plus X"…..it's perfect...
  12. Seascape

Fun with Lumix GM5

Love my GM1, the best quality P&S sized camera I've come across with interchangeable lens….the skies the limit. It's smaller than a GM5 with all the same image quality. You can grab images anywhere…….no one notices :cool:
  13. Seascape

Please recommend a Phase One dealer

Well in Canada I deal with B3K Digital, they are located in Toronto where I live and offer excellent service and loads of experience from their sales staff. The back I bought was a refurbed unit, and I would highly recommend this method of purchase, their pricing and support is first class. All...
  14. Seascape

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Here's a recent grab shot with my P&S GMI/12-32 taken at 12mm, processed in C1 with no corrections, late evening, so could have been lighter in the dark areas. It's a movie set lighting rig getting ready for shooting the evening scenes:
  15. Seascape

Not only Leica M lenses, but R's work great as well with the apropriate adapter:
  16. Seascape

Agree completely 12mm and rectilinear subjects is a problem, but things change pretty quickly when you move up a bit in focal length. It is my P&S RAW shooting cam (also C1) and I am very happy with the size, cost, and image quality, and can be quite versitile via adapter, 50 Summicron-M:
  17. Seascape

Nice stuff Mediumcool. I partially like these images because of the kit lens used to produce them…..the very compact 12-32 Pano. I have it as the standard lens that came with my GM1, and was surprised by it's image quality, something that people don't talk a lot about. BTW, when I'm not using...
  18. Seascape

Some reflections on my V-series Hasselblad/P45 kit…

Now, the images were processed in Lightroom, which I am aware is regarded to be the ultimate sin by Phase One users. But, Lightroom has been my workflow tool since it's inception. I did not find that Capture one worked well for me for the versions I have tested. I only used Capture One, I find...
  19. Seascape

Re: Putting things a little bit in perspective [I]
  20. Seascape

As the owner of a Hassy V/P45 kit, a Leica M240 and Monochrom, I can only say that the results I get (using Capture One), exceed anything I can hang on my wall. At this point a 24" wide print is my largest, and I'm fast running out of wall space. Neither the the P45 or Leica rigs are taxed by a...