The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. N

LUT's, anyone downloaded any?

I often use Alien Skin Exposure for RAW processing and the great features. The latest as of today offers an area to load downloaded LUT's and apply them Anyone downloaded any? Recommended sites to do so? Thanks Neil
  2. N

I don't have the "Profile" icon in my LR Develop module

So I saw a tutorial on Youtube the other day about how LR had moved the profiles from the Calibration box to a new icon in the basic adjustment area. I have LR Classic CC, it's all updated per my Adobe reminder to do so and yet I have no such profile option. I've been through preferences...
  3. N

Nikon D3 body, very good, 74k clicks

For sale. Nikon D3 body. I am the original owner. The camera was released 12/1/2007 and I had it 12/2/2007. Only @74K clicks. The body shows some use like where some of the rubber nubs are worn a little smoother from gripping the body. No deep scratches or gouges or scrapes. There is no cap on...
  4. N

I just handled a Z7 at a shop in CT

So by total accident I came across a Nikon Demo Day at Milford Photo in Milford CT. I got to handle the Z7, the zoom and 35mm lenses as well as the adapter and a 70-200 2.8. First off my mirrorless experience or interest (maybe changed) is very very little. I don't really care if Sony has...
  5. N

X100T red noise in a line on image

OK so I've rented for the holidays an X100T. In the past I've used a rented Xpro2 and EX2 (I may have those letters crossed up) so I'm not entirely new to the Fuji cameras. My main camera is a Nikon D3 and I own no RAW convertor besides the Nikon NX2 and the not so bad convertor in Alien Skin...
  6. N

Sensor Gel Stick, anyone

https://photographylife.com/product/sensor-gel-stick Has anyone ver used this? I use the various air methods, the Rocket etc. never compressed air and never the wipe on stuff. I has a spec on the sensor before I shot the Newport Folk fest and now I've got a good one. It was dusty this...
  7. N

Nikon 35 1.8G+ 85 1.8G lens mounts

Wondering if these FX "G" lenses have a metal lens mount or plastic. I haven't found a photo that shows whatever they have and I'm wondering. Thanks Neil
  8. N

Photo Mechanic and emailed images

Any PM users out there? I can't say when for sure this all started but images I email to myself and others from PM are so badly pixelated they are useless and they used to be excellent. I have the latest version or PM in a MBP OS 10.9.5 I almost feel as if PM changed something cause I sure...
  9. N

A review of sorts, XE-2S vs Nikon D3

This was over in the thread comparing the 2 to the 2S. Thought I'd make a new thread so maybe more people read it or notice it. Might be of use to some. OK, here's a review of sorts of a Nikon D3 users impressions of the Fuji XE-2S over 5 days. I have a friend and Fuji fan and he and I had...
  10. N

X-E2 vs "S" model

So here's a new model or rather an upgrade to an existing model. Can any X-E2 owner spot in the specs if besides what Fuji added was anything taken away? I mean all this good new stuff and a $300 price drop?!?!?? Fa'real? It looks like its all there to me. Anyone? Neil
  11. N

General EVF question, XE-2 content

I've never used one and not sure I could go from decades of SLR, DSLR and Leica M habits to ever do it, yet the XE-2 interests me. So at the moment of exposure and the short time after what does the display do? Brief what? Refresh? Freeze? I just imagines there is an interruption in the...
  12. N

Nikon for video

OK I have never really been interested in using a DSLR for video, in fact I've never been all that interested in video. Lat time I really shot any was 1972 and it was on reel to reel tape in high school. I'm not counting using my phone. So in a few weeks I'll be shooting stills at the Newport...
  13. N

Adobe CC w/LR and PS questions

I've been poking around and haven't found some answers. I bet you guys know. A little background. My 8 year old MBP died. It was stuck at 10.6.8 anyway as I couldn't go any farther. I now have a 2012 MBP from Macsales.com. 8 gigs, 512 SSD, nice. I've moved to Mavericks so I can use NX2...
  14. N

OS for new/used MBP

Hi guys, A few months ago my aging MBP died. Too old to bother to repair. I just got a 2012 15" MBP from OWC/Macsales. It is 10.6.8 right now, can load and run Mavericks if I want. I've been loading applications from an external that had my old MBP HD backed up. First glitch, I like NX2...
  15. N

New 35mm 1.8 FX lens

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED Lens 2215 B&H Photo Video
  16. N

FS: 50mm 'cron M

I have a good condition black finish 50mm Summicron model 11817. German made.This is about a 1979 lens. I've had it for 30 years I think. Shows use. I made a living with it. Glass is excellent. This lens has always made the most wonderful images. I've had a dozen other lenses on my M's...
  17. N

SOLD:Leica M6 TTL LHSA black paint body

M6 TTL .72 finder in fantastic black paint finish. Leica logo in that wonderful script. Love this camera. It was to me the black paint M4 I never bought and I remember when they were $400 used. Could almost pass for new but I did use it. I had planned to turn this camera to brass like Jim...
  18. N

Heliopan ND filters 46mm

I have two Heliopan ND filters for sale. I guess digital guys don't use ND's the way we did with film when we wanted to shoot TX in bright light closer to wide open. Just dial back the ISO right? Too bad. I remember using my 75'lux, my 35 'lux in bright sun at 1.4 on APX 100. Process in...
  19. N

FS: Leica M 1.25X magnifier

Got one for sale. Have the box, instructions (why?), kinda self explanatory and the box, foam even the plastic bag etc etc. It is perfect! Except...... The stupid rubber O-ring came off, many times. They always come off. If you already own one of these you know what I mean. I always...
  20. N

FS: Garry Winogrand 1964

I bought this book new when it came out. I have taken off the plastic, cause I kinda wanted to look at the photos. Wonderful book. It has been on a shelf with other books since 2002? From time to time I look at it. We should all go back to Tri-X! The book itself is perfect. The...