The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. L

Olympus - undocumented features - OM series

There's an interesting article from Pekka Potka on the EM10 Live Composite - Another Hidden Gem you might find intriguing. Even as a mere EM5 owner I thought it was kinda cool, but yet surprisingly (or not) here is 'a feature' apparently undocumented by Oly. It suggests to me that they are as...
  2. L

Hello Olympus

Have you noticed that Fuji have launched a firmware update for one of their cameras? It's not for one of the latest models, it's for a slightly older one, you know, kind of like the EM-5. You could do that sort of thing too, it wouldn't do brand loyalty any harm. Just sayin,
  3. L

Lightroom 5 dilemma....and alternatives

I've used LR since it came on the scene and maybe it's a sort of seven year itch, but I'm wondering, given that I'm faced with paying to upgrade to version 5, is there something else? (I guess I'm also a bit uneasy at the direction both Adobe and Apple seem to be taking with this Cloud thing)...
  4. L

Battery for OM-D M5

There was a thread on the best option for a 3rd party battery last year, but since I see no recent comments I'll raise the topic again. I purchased a battery from one of Amazon's affiliates in January, since it seemed to be one of the better options available at the time : "EZOPower Olympus...
  5. L

OM-D Image Stabilization

What to input when manually setting the IS for use with a legacy lens? You can set the focal length to match the lens, but has the setting to be made in m4/3 terms or in 35mm terms? (I assume manual settings are redundant with m4/3 lenses since the focal length will be picked up...
  6. L

FS - Panasonic G3 with 14-42 lens - $470

FS - Panasonic G3 with 14-42 lens - $470 One owner G3 + kit lens in like new condition, purchased from Panasonic Direct last year - pristine no marks or scuffs etc. Comes in original box with everything that came with it, some still in original wrapping. Spare (generic) battery is also...
  7. L

Full EXIF Data (with G3 & Lightroom)?

Once imported into LR the main available exif data comes through with the image and appears in the Metadata segment in the Library section. However when viewing images in camera, a number if additional bits of information can be seen, which do not seem to travel with the image over to LR. These...
  8. L

G3 Auto Bracketing

Coming from earlier generations of Panasonics = I'm a bit flumoxed by the implementation of auto bracketing feature on the G3. Seems you can set AutoB and have it activate as a single shot or by a burst of 3, 5, or 7. The single shot puzzles me - is it to allow you to take your 3 5 or 7...
  9. L

Small Towns

I imagine most of us don't see small towns too often, sometimes it's like taking a step back in time. Maybe you've an example from your neck of the woods? Here's one from the American South, early on a sunday morning. D-Lux 3 - but guilty of probably messing with it too much in Lightzone.
  10. L

Equipment in the Park

Springtime in the park scene from the northern suburbs of Atlanta. Bring a bag of charcoal and a pound of sausages and you're all set for a picnic, (better also bring a wire brush to clean the grill rack). Strange that it's so well worn, but we never see it actually being used. So what stuff...