The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. silasslack

New issue A7II 'camera error'

It said 'camera error turn on and off'. It looked just like the one in post 58... I did, pretty quickly, and it has been fine ever since. for context, It was the first time i'd turned it on that day. Cold dog walk. No bumps or bangs, etc.
  2. silasslack

Guy didn't get the same message though right (or I may have missed a bit of the thread above?) I've certainly had no issues with the sensor. IBIS is still happily buzzing away. Hoping it stays that way. If it's relevant I haven't used any native lenses on it. Just adapted Leica M, OM, Nikon...
  3. silasslack

Hi All!, I had the 'camera error' message yesterday :( But: i quickly turned it off and on again and it's fine now (IBIS working too)... I'm very much hoping it's a different issue from the above..... The other Slack
  4. silasslack

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

800 ISO @ f2.8
  5. silasslack

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Hi All :) Guess who? --
  6. silasslack

WTB Zeiss ZM 28mm Biogon

Hi There, I'm looking to buy a Zeiss ZM 28mm f2.8 Biogon, preferably in black, and preferably from somebody in Europe. If there is one going please get in contact! Cheers! Silas
  7. silasslack

Fun with the NEX-6

Ha! Might be a bit beyond even us :)
  8. silasslack

Fun with the NEX-6

Well that's reassuring -- I wouldn't want to suddenly have pink corners :) Both those lenses are fantastic on the 5n, so the plan is a go! The only things i would change on the 5n are the viewfinder, the flash, and the twiddly know on the back (it not having any of these) - so the 6 is a no...
  9. silasslack

Fun with the NEX-6

Hey Vivek, I have a NEX 5n and am thinking of the NEX 6. I almost exclusively use a Voigtlander 35mm f2.5 and a Zeiss 50mm f1.5 on it. I very rarely if ever use the Sony lenses..... Is the NEX 6 as good with these types of lenses as the 5n? Or does it have disadvantages like the 7?? I have...
  10. silasslack

WTB: Contax G2 Body

Hi All, I'm after a Contax G2 (body only). Anybody got one knocking about? Thanks for reading!
  11. silasslack

Fun with the Pentax K5

12. silasslack

Fun with the Pentax K5

Here's a spider about to eat a wasp (it wrapped it up amazingly quick!) (with the 35mm macro)
  13. silasslack

Split prism circle focusing screen on the K-5

The little square is ok, but it seems to be a bit slow to use for me... (this could be my fault!)
  14. silasslack

I've been quite enjoying having both on the MX. I find that the micro prism ring is best on textures and if things are moving about a bit I too have a Nikon (FM2n) which I learnt on years ago and still use on occasion. it's a lovely camera
  15. silasslack

Yes I remember. They are fantastic lenses! I bought an MX body to use with the 50 and also the 28 f2.8 which i bought for £30 on ebay the other day! That was what made me remember about the old focusing screens. One concern I may have is that the viewfinder is so much smaller on the K5 that...
  16. silasslack

Thanks for the info. Nice to know that they are a good company to buy from too. Further googling did bring up others, but none looked quite as reputable and it'd be a shame to make a mistake! Silas
  17. silasslack

Hi All, I've been spending a lot of time with the 50mm SMC-A f1.4 on the K-5, and also on an old MX body I recently picked up cheap on eBay. The lens is fantastic, but I'm finding that focusing it by eye wide open on the K-5 is very prone to errors. On the MX it has an old fashioned...
  18. silasslack

Fun with the Pentax K5

The 35 Macro again. Bzzzzzzzzz : And something completely different :)
  19. silasslack

Fun with the Pentax K5

Here's another to tempt you back!-->
  20. silasslack

Fun with the Pentax K5

Thanks... My Dad is in love with his E-M5 too. From my limited playing it seems fantastic... The NEX5n fits that slot for me at the moment. I don't know if I could do without focus peaking for using MF lenses (mostly it lives with a Voigtlander 35 f2.5 and a helecoid adapter) S