The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

Hi Kevin, Nice to see you are still having fun. You'll never guess, but I'll be out in Cupertino in January and the temptation to take advantage of the exchange rate difference and pick up a 75 1.8 .. is well .. how else can I put it but tempting. I hit the big 5-0 this year and Big Dave...
  2. P

Photographing your Bokeh

Yup, thats what makes it interesting, and results in an better forum. To be honest I usually only surf the forums in winter when its too dark, cold and wet. Yes I admit I'm a fair weather photog :) and during winter I'm usually found doing this instead :watch: except with Belgian beer and Bombay...
  3. P

Which pocketable?

I have to second the iPhone 4 too, it was the one i had skiing in the alps this winter. But I may be tempted to change my pockets to fit the leica :)
  4. P

Photographing your Bokeh

I like it better when bokeh is what you can't see rather than what you can see. I was lost wondering what was the subject in the photo?
  5. P

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Just playing with the camera and lens, this was manual focus, f1.4 at 1/60sec. OOC jpeg, default everything as I know no better. The pencil looked sharper in Aperture.
  6. P

What looks like a major firmware update released

Thanks Lee, It's that easy! Why on earth did Fuji make an app to do something so simple? I don't want to go off thread, but Lion is fine for me, no issues at all. This was the first problem I'd had. Thanks, Phil.
  7. P

What looks like a major firmware update released

Hmm and what if you have Mac OSX 10.7? the update is an old defunct 10.6 app. Phil.
  8. P

X100 - shooting RAW and using Aperture (not for grandmothers)

I just got Camera Raw update for X100. no more Adobe DNG. yes!
  9. P

X100 Initial Impressions

I also started using it without reading the book. However keep an eye on the exposure. The maximum shutter is limited to 1000 at f2 getting faster as you close down the aperture. I use Aperture Priority mode it shows the shutter speed in Red, but happily takes the photo and over exposes. It...
  10. P

X100 Initial Impressions

I'm quite happy so far: and Phil. I'll add more to my flickr in time http://www.flickr.com/photos/31330995@N07/sets/72157626560171026/
  11. P

The next President will be from Liverpool

Yup unusual .. 'coz if he were from Wigan then that would have an international value.
  12. P

At last!! Nikon 35/1.4G

hmmm I wonder if the 28 1.4 will suffer a demand drop as a result, and the price will fall enough for me to be able to buy :) otherwise this looks a better option for my needs compared to the 24 1.4 which is just a little too wide.
  13. P

A list of lenses that have been tested on the NEX--good and bad!

ha ha ha - that should be a frowning face not a link to it ...
  14. P

A list of lenses that have been tested on the NEX--good and bad!

They told me that once you have a Leica there is no going back. I sold it and regret every second. But alas the M9 is beyond my funds. So a word from the wise - don't go there - I still wake up from dreams where I've been searching for my camera http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif
  15. P

Have the standards changed?

I think that getdpi attracts the best folks on the net. You should not feel intimidated, there are all sorts of threads following different topics. When you see something interesting then post, I think posting within the context of the thread will be more rewarding/relevant, and of course you...
  16. P

Your Top m4/3 Picture of 2009

I guess this is the kind of picture I bought the camera for. Happy New Year a tous.
  17. P

GF1 images in Apple Aperture

Hey, Yea i'll be here till April. I'm working at Telindus. I plan to stay in Wavre in the new year. tell you what I'll drop you a private message. cheers and thanks for the message. Phil.
  18. P

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

Hi, Taking photos is ok, but no flash. Sometimes the artists have little signs indicating no photo, which is a bit of a laugh as they are quite obviously making a copy of a 'great master', but I do leave them alone.
  19. P

Fun with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 (Image Thread)

Hi, Le Louvre:
  20. P

GF1 images in Apple Aperture

Hey Kev, Have a good time in NY. I look forward to seeing the results of your 'light combo'. By the way, I got a job :( I guess 5 months on the dole was enough, I was getting too used to it. I'm in Leuven, in a cheapo hotel waiting for Top Gear to come on BBC2 and trying my best to keep out of...