The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. overgaarcom

The New Monochrom - a fine report

The file is there for download, and if you change to Process 2012 you will see a slight reduction, but when adjusted to the final look of the image it is very close between Proccess 2010 and Process 2012. (I happen to prefer 2010 because it gives a more classic look and allow much more lifting...
  2. overgaarcom

Fun w/Digital M Images

Re: Fun with the New Leica M Leica M 240 with Leica 50mm Noctilux-M ASPH f/0.95 in Istanbul
  3. overgaarcom

Leica Gallery NYC

Thanks. Will be going there in two weeks. I wonder if this out of focus and dynamic range is just us getting used to better quality, or if it is the workflow of the prints. My favorite example is The Dying Soldier photo where everything is wrong technically, but it is still one of the...
  4. overgaarcom

THE NEW LEICA M Press Release

As for the AA filter, it is not mentioned and not shown in the brochure. I forgot to ask directly but should be doing a video interview with Stefan Daniel tomorrow and will find out there.
  5. overgaarcom

New page about light metering with the Leica M9 by Overgaard

Yes, that would actually fix all confusion. Then you can use it for both WB and light metering. I'm taking a note :cool:
  6. overgaarcom

This is the WhiBal card that I use the most. Fits as a credit card. WhiBal - LensAlign I also have the X-Rite which is too bulky (the Passport with all the colors too)
  7. overgaarcom

Interesting, just ordered one of those to see what it can do.
  8. overgaarcom

The large middlegrey card you see in the pictures is still widely available. Partly because the larger stores used to have them, partly because some of them think it is the white balance card :facesmack: I've seen them in Tokyo, SF, B&H in New York and many other places. Especially where they...
  9. overgaarcom

Just added a new page about light metering with the Leica M9 which quite a few have been asking about for a long time. So here it is. leica.overgaard.dk - Thorsten Overgaard's Leica Pages - Leica M9 Digital Rangefinder Camera - Page 17: "Light metering with the Leica M9 and Leica M9-P and Leica...
  10. overgaarcom

Monochrom in China - blurb E-book

Good to see some more and new photos. Especially the dark birds show some interesting qualities in the Monochrom.
  11. overgaarcom

.95 noct and kids

I would recommend getting the equipment checked and adjusted in any case, and I often (like every four months) do so just to be sure. It's very comforting to know that when (not if) you don't hit focus, you just have to continue trying and not start looking at the equipment. With kids it's a...
  12. overgaarcom

New page in the Leica M9 article at overgaard.dk

I've just published a page 13 of my never-ending story of the Leica M9 Leica M9 Digital Rangefinder - Page 13: "Learning the Simplicity of the Leica M9" Enjoy!
  13. overgaarcom

FS-Leica Summicron 35 mm f/2 v4: Bokeh King - $1150

Ha ha, I was pretty determined to get it for a few seconds till I got down to the end of the thread.
  14. overgaarcom

FS Leica 180/2 R

You make me sleepless. This is really a nice sample.
  15. overgaarcom

Winners Announced in The Human Rights Photo Competition for Leica Photographers

Those who haven't seen this on December 10: http://overgaard.dk/00-leica-photographers-yearly-photo-competition-for-The-United-Nations-declaration-the-of-human-rights-2009.html
  16. overgaarcom

FS: Leica X1 and extras - mint

Genius little detail with the 90mm metal shade for the X1.
  17. overgaarcom

FS: Panasonic Leica 25mm f1.4 ASPH

It's a very sexy lens, the only reason I ever considered the Digilux 3.
  18. overgaarcom

Overgaard Extension Course anyone?

I actually don't check this forum that often, except these days where I'm looking for a Thambar lens (once the cheapest Leica lens, now a collectors item). The Extension Course starts off with the basics. For Leica users this is not big news as you as a Leica user usually only have the buttons...
  19. overgaarcom

Future Platform for R Lenses?

Looks good with the Sony photos. Is that the Vario-Elmarit-R ASPH 28-90 you had changed into Sony (permanently)? The number two photo with the two guitar players actually has a Leica look to it. The others I can't tell.
  20. overgaarcom

Leica History at overgaard.dk greatly updated

Thanks. I still use the Digilux 2 from time to time for it's fast workflow and ease of certain results. Especially when I have to shoot interiors I find the 28mm f/2.0 very handy and one can use the camera is quite dark places without having to use a tripod (which speed up interior shots when...