The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Two approaches to Processing A7RII images in Lightroom

take it further DCamProf http://www.ludd.ltu.se/~torger/photography/camera-profiling.html http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=100015.0
  2. D

Portable flash - Sony HVL-F20M or Metz 26-Af1

alternatives are 2 x AA flashes like Meike MK320 for $80 I, myself, use Sony HVL-F20M flash for casual snaps with A7R2 - it works very well for its purposes (I also have HVL-F60M, but it is too big to take it around very often for casual use).
  3. D

If anyone in USA is looking for A7R II in stock...

ordered A7RII from Focus Camera on Tue, Aug 25 @ ~3 PM EST, received it today (Aug 27) @ ~10 AM EST
  4. D

Which post processing software ....

working natively with raw converter means using parametric adjustments too, no... but they work with rasterized image provided by LR enginer, so it is not natively, it is simply more convenient at best
  5. D

Capture One Pro 8.2 Released!

you also can wish readouts available in Lab (and something like HSV/HSL/HSB) - actually Lab readouts available now in $10K version of C1 ( :wtf: - bring at least that to a regular version finally)
  6. D

Capture One Pro 8.2 Released!

well, that was the major point of E-M5 mk II :poke:
  7. D

A7rII

which is good at the same time = more people will get a taste of FE...
  8. D

A7rII

CMOS sensors w/ global shutter exist and they are being used for ages... in industrial applications where customers really need full global shutter and can live w/ resolution AND/OR dr compromise... as for going back to CCD - no, you still have to store the charge somewhere after the end of...
  9. D

A7rII

not going to happen, because global shutter will reduce either resolution OR DR OR both... you need silicone estate to store the charge till it will be read out after the end of exposure...
  10. D

Your wish list for A7r II or A9

just get phottix mitros+... metal shoe and radio-remote TTL transceiver inside... and cheaper too
  11. D

Your wish list for A7r II or A9

somebody must make a full size (= including grip area) base plate for mark II bodies, just like for mark I... not that castrated abomination that RRS for example sells for A7 II vs even their own version for A7/A7r/A7s
  12. D

The Sony A7II

so А99 being a FF camera does not have IBIS ?
  13. D

The Sony A7II

or put it this way - rather then do a proper design Fuji makes dudes that requires 2-3 years to reach the workable state... :ROTFL:
  14. D

Additional Sony TTL Flash Option

yes, it was reported way back in July = PHOTTIX – Mitros+ for Sony Released | FLASH HAVOC it took them ~4 mo to get the new shoe
  15. D

Rumor: Pro FE mount coming

yes, dSLR egronomics w/o mirror (be it swinging or fixed) and w/o legacy (A-mount in this case) mount / legacy A-mount lenses the main strength is mirrorless-ness, small and portable just the options that a lot of people do like indeed, but a lot of people like better ergonomics and features...
  16. D

it is a matter of taste - I think that Pens/GMs/GXs bodies are bastards, but I am happy that those who like them have them and it helps to extend m43 marketshare, etc... there is a reason why C&N have a lot of lines within dSLR realm... most people do not buy 1Dx of D4*, however it will be...
  17. D

I don't see any reason why your personal preference for small dSLM cameras (with E mount) shall prevent some others from getting bigger & more advanced dSLM cameras (with E mount)... it is not that Sony will suddenly make smaller bodies unavailable for you.
  18. D

and why your rightful desire to have an alternative line of A-mount FF dSLT cameras shall be posed as either/or vs those who want a better E-mount FF dSLM line of cameras ? those are separate mounts...
  19. D

that's very selfish... if you personally do not have any interest in something it does not give you the right to infringe on others that have a lot of interest in that... like in m43 world we have crippled cameras for soapbox lovers (PEN, GX/GM) and cameras for those who need a normal grip and...
  20. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series http://s3.postimg.org/o81pudzxt/DSC02734_CO8_rgb1.jpg