The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

85mm 1.8G users - advice?

Hi all, So I have come close to buying this lens half a dozen times and I'm tiring of the dance. I'll be in NYC at the end of the week and B&H beckons. :D I have had the 85mm f1.4D for 10+ years and used it on film and digital (pretty much only for portraits). I'm looking for a nice...
  2. J

Df users - tips?

Hi all, Yeah, so I bought one - it's on it's way. :p :loco: Plan is to use it with my newly discovered MF Nikon lenses (50mm f/2 and 105mm f 2.5). I'm thinking my remaining f/1.4Ds (50mm and 84mm) might also be a nice match. Was wondering if you folks who've been using one for awhile have...
  3. J

Time capsule camera - with a nice lens!

OK, not 100% digital but it *did* help me decide to pick up a Df, so I think it counts... Was going through my eventual darkroom this AM - when we moved in my husband put everything he *thought* might be camera-related in there, it's taking forever to go through it. Found a very carefully...
  4. J

Would appreciate some input on my D700 upgrade path

Hi all, Well, my title is probably enough to send everyone running for the hills, but here goes - the advice I have received at GetDPI has always been helpful, so I save you folks for my thorniest decisions. I have two main digital camera systems - My Nikon (now a D700 and mostly older vintage...
  5. J

FS: Chamonix 4x5 (045N-1)

Hi all, Making some painful choices here as I'm getting ready to move cross-country and husband has pointedly suggested I lighten up my gear collection to avoid having to rent a second truck :rolleyes: . Since my balky knee is hampering my hiking, I'm selling my beautiful walnut-Chamonix 4x5...
  6. J

Safest way to store camera/lenses?

Hi All, In the serious planning stages for my move out west (NYC -> Tucson) and it looks like I have to move out before the rest of my family, I will be stuck in some small apt for 6 months and my better half has uh, suggested that I either take my film gear and (many) lenses with me or we...
  7. J

OK, Arizona folks

Time to weigh in and tell me just how great it would be to live out there... Husband and I are considering dual job offers at the U of A, jobs for 2 academics are as scarce as hen's teeth these days, so we are seriously considering the move from NYC to Tucson. I'm from SoCal originally and we...
  8. J

GRDIII folks -- need input

Guys, Still hunting down my personal holy grail of a pocketable digital camera. Swapped my G1 for a GF1 and that was a good move with regards to size, I often use it with the 20mm and have been very happy with the results. But it is not a very small camera and do have to leave it behind...
  9. J

GF1/NEX-5 -- decision time

OK, I have a feeling that I know the answer to this one, but here goes. Currently doing all of my "light" traveling (meaning that the D700 or LF is left behind) with my GH1. Almost always travel with the 14-140 + 20 + 7-14 set. A couple of weeks ago I had a little time to escape on a business...
  10. J

Would like some input on the Ebony 45SU

Hi all, So I have the opportunity to get an Ebony (the sad details are below). I am strongly considering the 45SU. My reasoning is that I would like to try asymmetric movements and the non-folder form factor really appeals to me --I have a mild peripheral vascular issue with my hands that can...
  11. J

FS: Domke F-803 Waxwear, Near Mint

OK, I have to do something about this bag collection and this one is driving me nuts just sitting here. I have one of the cool-looking Domke f-803 waxwear bags, literally used once and is in perfect shape with the 3-slot insert. I've been using my Mamiya 7II a ton lately and it doesn't fit in...