The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Tullio

Lumix 14mm on EPL1

I just got the Lumix 14mm (I did not expect it to be so darn small and light...awesome!). Anyway, the lens is dead silent and very fast on my G1 but the EPL1 kinda of struggles with it. AF is disappointingly slow and I hear all sorts of clicking sounds coming from the lens. Is anyone here using...
  2. Tullio

GH1 question

Just bought a GH1 (body only) from Wall Street Photo (through Amazon). The camera is NEW. However, I noticed two things: 1) it's made in China (all my other Panasonic cameras are made in Japan); 2) the Video Out setting in the wrench menu defaults to PAL as opposed to NTSC. This made me think...
  3. Tullio

NX10...What was that review all about?!?

I don't quite get it, so let me share my thoughts on the subject. I just read the dpreview's full review of the Samsung NX10. Since this is a mirror-less camera (theoretically sharing the m4/3 technology to some extent), I'd think they would compare it with the Pana G models (G1/GH1) more so...
  4. Tullio

G1 vs. EP1 lens mount

I bought a Canon FD adapter and I'm puzzled by the fact that it mounts nice and tight on my EP1 but on the G1 it's a bit loose (as I turn the focus ring, the adapter moves slightly forward/backward). Has anyone experienced a similar issue? It is obvious that in my case the problem is with the FD...
  5. Tullio

Have the standards changed?

Although I've seen impressive pictures taken with some of those old MF vintage lenses, I've also seen some very poor results, images that if taken with a regular P&S would be considered unacceptable, the photographer would be considered mediocre and the camera would most likely receive real poor...
  6. Tullio

Snow balls

I bought a snowball maker tool for my son to play with at the snow park up in Tahoe. First we had a snowball fight (not a very fair fight since my snow balls were hand-made and disintegrated as soon as I threw them). Then I went off to take some pictures and in the meantime my son decided he was...
  7. Tullio

FS: Takumar 135mm f2.5 PK mount

This fast telephoto prime lens is in excellent condition. it comes with front and rear caps. Asking price: $55 (includes shipping). Payment: Paypal ([email protected]).
  8. Tullio

EP1 - Pin Hole Art filter...I like it!

I've had the EP1 for a few weeks now and just tried shooting using the Pin Hole Art Filter. For some reason the LCD refresh rate seems very slow compared to all other Art filters and it takes a long time for the image to be recorded in the memory card. The manual does mention anything. I assume...
  9. Tullio

Lunch time walk with EP1 + 17mm

Despite the fact that lots of people bad-mouth this lens, I find it quite good, specially considering its current market price. These are from a quick lunch-time walk around the complex where I work.
  10. Tullio

E-P1 firmware 1.2 question

I imagine that many people here have already upgraded their EP1 to the new F/W. My question to those who have is, how long is the enlarged image displayed for before it automatically goes back to normal? Olympus does not specify that on the description of the f/w. Thanks.
  11. Tullio

E-P1 ISO behavior

One thing I'm not not too happy about the E-P1 is the ISO behavior. AUTO ISO is kept at 200 and at this ISO, images are very noisy compared to the G1. So, I decided to play with ISO 100, 125 and 160. Indeed, the images are much brighter at these ISO levels and highlights are often clipped. The...
  12. Tullio

E-P1 first impressions

I just got my E-P1 (body only) yesterday and have spent less than 24 hrs playing with it. I took less than 200 pics and ran out of battery (I assume the battery was not fully charged by the previous owner before the camera was shipped even though the batt icon showed full charge). By no means...
  13. Tullio

EP1 clicking sound?

OK, just just received the EP1 (body only) I purchased on eBay. I attached the 14-45mm and noticed that as I move the camera from dark to bright (and vice-versa), I hear this clicking sound. It also makes the clicking sound when the camera locks focus. I tried the 45-200mm and it makes the same...
  14. Tullio

micro 4/3 to 4/3 adapter???

How can I use my Lumix m4/3 lenses on a 4/3 camera? There are many adapters to go from a 4/3 to m4/3 system but not the other way around. Is anyone aware of such an adapter?
  15. Tullio

Having fun with G1 and Pentax 50mm

A week or so ago I bought two vintage lenses on eBay, which I received last Sat. It turned out one was in real bad shape (Canon FD 50mm) and the other did not fit in the Pentax adapter (even though the seller claimed the lens was a PK mount). So, both will be returned. Meanwhile, I'm playing...
  16. Tullio

G1 + Pentax SMC-A 50mm 1.7

First, let me say that this lens at 1.7 is not that good. I took lots of pictures this morning after receiving the adapter last night and most shots at f1.7 were unusable. The pictures were very soft and the high ISO due to low light conditions (that's what a fast lens is for, right?!?) did not...
  17. Tullio

Introducing myself (+ a question)

Hi all, My friend found this forum and recommended it to me. After browsing around, I liked to see the high level of participation and respect between members, so I decided to join the fun. I participate in a few other photography forums. They all have their own personalities and...