The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Olympus 100-400mm mount issue

This post is a bit old but I have observed the exact same problems with the Olympus 100-400 zoom. It is irritating but I've not tested this lens thoroughly including Olympus 2.0X and I.4X tele converters. I'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best. I wish I knew how to get Olympus repair? I...
  2. D

Flash recommendations for M4/3?

Take a look at Godox flashes. Great features at palatable expense.
  3. D

M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm F3.5 Macro IS PRO

I don't doubt your word but I found the Panasonic 35-100mm f/2.8 quite excellent and compact.
  4. D

Is this the lens that will save Olympus?

This thread is a bit ancient but attracted my attention to mention that I believe only 1500 of these lenses were made. So unless the New Olympus makes more of these these lenses, most likely price will increase on the used market because of it's unique properties and rarity. If I could have...
  5. D

M.Zuiko Digital ED 90mm F3.5 Macro IS PRO

They obviously are following Tesla's 3,6,9 theory.
  6. D

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

Closed! Another Summer of Recovery, Making America Great Again!
  7. D

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

Sorcerer !
  8. D

I read this message on my phone and saw 'Lola'. I thought your shot was going to be guy in drag😀.
  9. D

Fun with the Olympus OMD

What body?
  10. D

M4/3 bodies: Wealth of Choice, Quandry for Me

I love my E-M1 along my 12-40. The prices for this camera have dropped to not too much more than a new G7. The menu complexity has been way over hyped IMO, and frankly the camera is very usable out of the box. However there are many features not found on other m4/3s and get acquainted with...
  11. D

Great job on the composite Jim.
  12. D

+1 to what Arjuna wrote. @G43 You are killing us with so many images in a single post. Also large white borders are superfluous and consume screen space on mobile devices. My 2 cents.
  13. D

New Zuiko lens & converter

No. It is matched only for the NEW 40-150mm and 300mm lenses (and possibly other new Pro teles in the future.)
  14. D

That's quite impressive. The 75 is a hell of a lens. Nice shot too! Don
  15. D

Help requested with an impossible landscape conundrum

I agree. For western landscapes, normal to short telephoto will be your best friends. If you are going to use an ultra-wide the old formulaic technique of composing with the camera pointed slightly down using an interesting object in the near foreground, followed by an eye leading element in...
  16. D

First Impressions - EM-10

Thanks for the early report. Hope to hear more soon.
  17. D

B&W with A7(r) vs. M240 vs. MM

Perhaps this will make you more curious: Sony Supposedly Working on a Full-Frame Camera that Shoots Only Black & White Don Bryant
  18. D

Fun with the Zuiko 60mm f2.8 macro

Re: Fun with the Zuiko 60mm f2.8 macro and the Leica Macro Elmarit-R 60 The shot made with the Elmarit looks sharper, comparing the flower stamens that is. Also the first photo looks underexposed by comparison. I think the photos in this thread demonstrate to me that I need to upgrade to an...
  19. D

Android App for Olympus

The Triggertrap dongle now works with Panasonic and Olympus m4/3s bodies with the correct matching cable. The app is also available for Android & iOS. Don
  20. D

Panasonic G6

Looks like Kurt Tuck is pretty upbeat regarding the G6. The Visual Science Lab.: Happy to share that my favorite camera of the year is also the cheapest one I bought all year. The G6.