The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Panasonic G6

Okay Brooks Jensen likes the G6, sort of raves about it here: Panasonic G6 So how does the G6 compare to the current crop of m4/3s like the GX7, E1, or EM5 and GH3 for that matter? The current G6 price is very attractive. Don Bryant
  2. D

Off topic question for Canon - m4/3 users

Hi Folks, I'm posting this question here on GetDPI in the m4/3s forum because frankly this group of photographers seems to be one of the best I know of on the net and a group whose work and opinions I have high regard for. Specifically I have been sitting on the fence for quite sometime...
  3. D

Android App for Olympus

Hello Everyone, As many of you know there are several Android/iOS apps around for controlling DSLRs for Canon and Nikon cameras. Does anyone know if these kind of apps are available for the Olympus OMD and/or the EPL5/3? Thanks, Don Bryant
  4. D

Just how laggy is the X-Pro1?

I've read Zack Arias' blog report for the X-PRO1 and he mentions the AF and exposure lag more than once. Is this a common complaint?
  5. D

Electronic Enlarging Timer

Hi Folks, I have an Omega Digital Audible Timer - New Never Used! Features Include: 1 650 Watt Enlarger Outlet 1 150 Watt Safelight Outlet Foot switch port (foot treadle not included) This timer has an all metal housing and made the way things used to be manufactured - to last! If you are...
  6. D

FS:100 rolls Portra 400 NC 120 (expired 6/2009) - $2.25 per roll

Hi Folks, I have 100 rolls of expired Portra 400 NC - 120 for $2.25 per roll available in 20 roll bricks. This is the new improved Portra 400 NC not the old emulsion. Expiration date:6/2009 all cold stored. 20 roll brick $45 + shipping. Shipping to any US address - $10. Canadian shipping -...
  7. D

FS: Expired Portra 400 VC 220 -$2.75 per roll

Hi Folks, I have 100 rolls of expired Portra 400 VC - 220 for $2.75 per roll available in 20 roll blocks. This is the new improved Portra 400 VC not the old emulsion. Expiration date:12/2008 all cold stored. 20 roll block $55 + shipping. Shipping to any US address - $10. Canadian shipping -...
  8. D

FS: Expired 35mm Film

For Sale: 100 rolls of 135mm - 36 exp. Fuji Superia Press 1600 color negative film. Expired 2/2008. This film has been cold stored and shows no base fog - film speed normal. I just shot two rolls last week. This is the remnant of large amount of film used for a project I've completed. This film...
  9. D

Nik Sharpener Pro 3.0

Hello Everyone, I recently purchased Nik Sharpener Pro 3.0 when it was on sale for $99 at Adorama and I've been very impressed with the product. My inkjet prints have never looked sharper (without looking over sharpened). My question about Nik SP 3.0 is what does adaptive sharpening really...
  10. D

Cheap White Balance Lens Caps

Just wondering if this item could be useful or just a gimmick...
  11. D

Epson 3800 and Velvet Fine Art

Hello Everyone, When I choose the Velvet Fine Art Media type the driver for the Epson 3800 pops up a dialog box telling me that the paper must be feed from the rear. But I've found if I go to the Paper Source pulldown on the Paper Tab I can choose Manual - Front. So am I correct in assuming...