The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Repair of a non-USA A7R2

I have a Sony A7r2 which recently went to Antarctica with me. I'm getting the error message "This accessory is not supported by the device and cannot be used. Please verify the compatibility with the device". What I'm reading about this error is that it is related to the hotshoe contacts...
  2. S

35mm B&W film for sale

I have 34 rolls of 35mm B&W film for sale, a mix of C41 and traditional B&W films, TMax 100, T400CN, Ilford XP2 Super 400, most is out of date but has been stored in cool dry area. $110 including shipping in conus.
  3. S

Leica M4 w/50 Summicron f/2 Rigid, lens shade, uv, leather case

Selling my Leica M4 kit, I bought together and would like to sell it that way. Includes M4, 50 Summicron f/2 Rigid, Leica lens shade, Leica UV filter, and Leica leather case. The M4 was CLA'd and shutter brake replaced by Youxin Ye in mid-2015, and the camera has only shot 3-4 rolls since then...
  4. S

Nearly 100 rolls of 35mm film

I have close to 100 rolls of color film for sale, a mix of Fuji Provia 100, Supra 100, Reala 100, Kodak Kodachrome 200, Porta 160, Ektachrome 200. All dated film but was stored in a dark cool dry place, so film should be fine for shooting. Make an offer to me at oboylephoto at gmail.com if...
  5. S

Camera pouch for Ricoh GR WITH external viewfinder

Anyone find a good fitting waist belt pouch for their Ricoh GR with external viewfinder attached? I have several that fit it nicely without viewfinder, but I use the viewfinder frequently.
  6. S

FS: Leica M4

A hard decision to part with this, but it's not getting used and other things need to be paid for. I bought this M4 from the original owner last summer, I had it CLA'd and the shutter brake was replaced less than a year ago by Youxin Yee. Only a couple rolls of film have been run through the...
  7. S

A7r and A7rII image quality comparison

Now that you have lived with your A7rII for some months, I wonder what you see in terms of image quality compared to the original A7r. Same, slightly better? DXOmark has slightly more dynamic range on the original, but I doubt that can be seen in real world use. It seems most of the...
  8. S

X-Pro 1 viewfinder weirdness

I just picked up a X-Pro 1 body for a very nice price, but am seeing a strange viewfinder problem (maybe this is why the price was so nice), when using the optical viewfinder all is sharp, but when I switch to the LCD viewfinder the image is blurry. Definitely not sharp, although the camera is...
  9. S

FS: Sony FE 70-200

I'm just returning from a trip and unfortunately have to sell off some gear to help cover expenses. I have a very nice Sony FE 70-200 for sale, excellent copy, sharp throughout zoom range, purchased new last summer, only about 2k frames shot with the lens, glass is excellent with UV filter on...
  10. S

Sony A7r Repair

I have to send in my A7r after it fell out of my backpack in Antarctica. Damage sustained is a new one for me, the lens mount and entire sensor assembly wiggle inside the body. I can hold the body and wiggle the lens up and down, and the mount and sensor assembly move with the lens. The camera...
  11. S

WTB: Ricoh GV-1 External Viewfinder

Looking for a used Ricoh GV-1 External Viewfinder
  12. S

WTB: Ricoh GR

Looking for a 9+ condition Ricoh GR to accompany me to Antarctica for 2 months. Needs to be in excellent condition with no history of problems. Extra batteries welcome.
  13. S

WTB: Sony A7 body and vertical battery grip

Looking for a Sony A7 body to use as a backup body for a project in Antarctica, so the body needs to be in good condition with no history of problems. Also a Vertical Battery Grip for the A7/A7r. contact via pm or oboylephoto at gmail dot com
  14. S

A7r vs. A7rII for low iso tripod work

Wanted to get feedback from new A7rII users about the difference I might see between the A7r vs. A7rII for tripod mounted landscape work at low iso. It seem that for this type of work, as long as vibration prone shutter speeds are avoided on the A7r, that the A7r will be nearly as good a choice...
  15. S

Sony in Antarctica

A quick heads up, I’m going to Antarctica with the National Science Foundation for 2 months beginning mid-October. It’s relevant here because I’m taking Sony A7 & A7r bodies and FE lenses with me, and it will be interesting to see how they perform in an extreme environment. I have confidence in...
  16. S

Cameras that print directly to Instax SP-1 Printer

Does anyone know which Fuji cameras print directly to Instax SP-1 Printer? I know I can use a smartphone, but would like to print straight from a camera too.
  17. S

L Bracket for A7 and A7r that does not interfere with LCD

Looking for an L Bracket for A7 and A7r that does not interfere with LCD when flipped down. Any suggestions?
  18. S

WTB: Sony A7 or A7II body

Looking for a lightly use A7 or A7II body, prefer original owner. This camera will be traveling to Antarctica for 2 months of photography, so looking for a body with low shutter count, no problems and in very good condition. Thanks! Please reply to oboylephoto at gmail
  19. S

FS- Sony A7R with extras

I'm the Original owner of this Sony A7r, purchased new in December 2014. Changed out the lens mount for the tough mount which works perfect. Includes the L bracket shown. Comes in original packaging with battery, etc. Excellent condition. Outstanding image quality. $1300 includes priority...
  20. S

M4 questions

Just pickup up my first Leica film camera, a 1967 M4 in good condition, with a beautiful 50 summacron rigid. Just back from a CLA and shutter repair (first curtain and brake). Really enjoying shooting with it. A couple questions: The Leica strap seems like it will mark the body over time, the...