The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Harriet (X-E1)

A cropped portrait of my friend Harriet from Savannah. (X-E1 w/ Fuji 35 1.4) Cheers, Tony C.
  2. T

X-E1 firmware updates

Just in case some owners aren't aware, there are firmware updates available for both the X-E1 body and 35mm lens. I have uploaded both, and am very happy with the autofocus improvements. Noticeably faster, and far less hunting, especially in low light and/or subjects on an angle. Well done, Fuji.
  3. T

X-E1 in NZ

I've just returned from three day tramp (hike) in Arthur's Pass (near Christchurch), one of literally countless, fantastic trails to be found in this exceptional country. I am in very good shape, but it was a challenging route for my level of experience, and luckily I had an excellent and...
  4. T

BLACK Olympus OM-D / 45mm 1.8 / 75mm 1.8

I have owned this camera and the two lenses since late August, and used them sparingly while traveling in Europe. They all work perfectly, and are in mint condition. OM-D body $850.00 SOLD 45mm 1.8 $300.00 SOLD 75mm 1.8 $800.00 SOLD HLD-6 grip $100.00 SOLD Shipping method to be...
  5. T

Alternative lens hood for Oly 75mm 1.8

Having been repelled by both the price and size of the "official" Olympus lens hood for their (superb) new 75mm 1.8 lens, I stopped at B&H today, picked up a (58mm) B&W rubber hood, and am delighted with it. First, it cost $18.95 (vs. $74.95). It is fully collapsable, and therefore adds only a...
  6. T

Fuji X-100 samples...

Of the early sample shots that I've seen, the ones shown on this Japanese blog caught my eye. The tones look quite good... X100 samples
  7. T

SOLD: Ricoh GRD-III

I purchased this GRD-III kit from Popflash in late August, and have used it only sparingly since. It is in fine condition (no flaws that I am aware of), and functions perfectly. It is a sensational camera, with the best user interface of any digital camera that I have ever used. I am selling...
  8. T

SOLD: M8 plus accessories

Lightly used M8 for sale, in excellent condition throughout. I am the original owner, and the camera has not been used heavily, nor abused in any manner. It has always worked well, and I have experienced no problems. I am asking $2,500.00. This M8 has meshed well with every lens that I have...
  9. T

FS: E60 Noctlilux w/removable hood!

I am selling my E60 Noctilux. Manufactured in Canada in 1981 (serial number 3114xxx), it includes a removable (filter-thread screw-in) hood, and it IS 6-bit coded! The focus action is very smooth, and the lens was purchased by me from our own Jack Flesher. The glass is clean, and the lens has...
  10. T

"Discreet" shutter on the M8: First impressions

I am pleased that Leica made this function available to M8 users, and I will use it. However, my initial impression is that it does not compare to the advantage of the new shutter on the M8.2. I say that because the delayed cocking simply separates two distinct sounds, the thwack of the shutter...
  11. T

FS – Leica Elmarit-M 24mm f/2.8 ASPH lens

I am selling my black Leica Elmarit-M 24mm f/2.8 ASPH lens. It is 6-bit coded, was purchased just a few months ago from Popflash, and has been used only a a few times. This superb lens is in mint condition throughout, and works perfectly on my M8. I am selling simply because I am not using it...
  12. T

Rare 50mm M-Hexanon 1.2 *** MINT***

I am selling a titanium finish 50mm M-Hexanon 1.2 lens. As you may know, these lenses were only sold as part of a limited edition Konica-Hexar RF kit which was sold in 2001. They lenses show up very rarely on the market, and the last one to sell on e-bay went for around $2,300.00. The build...