The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

>FF Foveon.. New SPP required. Means you can have a vacation on save :-)
  2. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

>Any file. I would use JPEG at larger sizes.
  3. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

>X3F files from my DPxM are about 44MB in size. A 16 bit Tiff is about 88MB. Forget file size. I am talking pixel dimensions (defined here in mega pixels).
  4. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

>whatever this means Photo Pro allows to double the resolution and create about 60MP files. For the Quattros only Photo Pro allows to export 39MP files (but not for the Merrills). I think the 39MP version is a very realistic approach.
  5. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

I hope this is ok with you Quentin. I added a bit DOP Optimal Sharp:
  6. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

>This gives a very respectable imitation of a circa 40mp MF image, with excellent pixel level detail and sharpness. I second this. Too bad there is no 39MP mode for the DP2M.
  7. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

>but any better than resizing normal size (19 mp?) files up to 39 mp in photo zoom or perfect resize? I clearly think so. Looks really good. They have more info to work with.
  8. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

Motion blur handheld. The 39MP rendering shows even very minor shake: This may look ok at this size but it shows motion blur. Yes, the DP2Q deserves a tripod :-)
  9. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

This looks like junk and is junk. But it is part of some art work. Here is a art work: This art actually tells a story. The river Leine snakes through Hannover (double n in German). Each of the three cubes contains junk recovered from the Leine in a well defined quite small stretch and at...
  10. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

Based on 39MP export out of Photo Pro. I start to like the Quattro. All handheld by the way. Actually my main issue is Photo Pro. Good developers would make it more usable and at least 10x faster.
  11. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

>From Raw, or in-camera jpeg? From Raw >I tried an in-camera S-Hi jpeg and it looked a bit oversharpened. This sample does not look over sharpened. If you want to use in camera S-Hi you need to sharpening to -10 :-). But I gave up any JPEGs in camera today because I got bad banding in skies...
  12. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

13. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

Here is a link to a full 39MP rendered image with very fine detail and moire trap: Zoom in
  14. ustein

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

I like the S-Hi export option. Why not for DP2 Merrill?
  15. ustein

Lumix GH4

>Some nice shots there Uwe, from Paris I suppose. No, Germany , Hannover and near by. >I,ve been using the EM-1 with base ISO 200 and am getting some disturbing noise even at that speed. These cameras are more grainy even at low ISO (shadows and sky)
  16. ustein

Lumix GH4

I like the GH4 for video (4K) and stills:
  17. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

Quentin, what is your take on the 39MP JPEGs from camera? I really don't like to use the Sigma raw converter.
  18. ustein

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

Quentin, you images don't show here (Dropbox blocks them)
  19. ustein

Blends

Check out Blending on the iPhone or iPad with our new texBlend app (you may have some fun): texBlend Info Some samples:
  20. ustein

Video Slide Show: Homage to Point Lobos

Everything :-)