The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. ustein

Issues with C1

I have my images on an external drive (4TB, USB3 Seagate). If I use C1 with default session no images are shown. Copy of the same images on my internal drive (SSD) show fine. All images show fine in Lightroom on the external drive.
  2. ustein

Search for the name of this place

This is a building in the Weserbergland in Germany (we took it about 1980). Forgot the name. The pink for this kind of building is unique. Had no luck with Google so far.
  3. ustein

Video Slide Show: Homage to Point Lobos

I really start to like Video Slide Shows as a way to portrait places: https://vimeo.com/57704075
  4. ustein

WTT: Fuji X 60mm for 18-55mm zoom

Fuji X 60mm for 18-55mm zoom. 60mm not much used. Find zoom more versatile.
  5. ustein

Anybody tried Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM lens on D800?

Anybody tried Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM lens on D800?
  6. ustein

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

We have a DP1M in for a review. Some more CA than DP2M but can be fixed in SPP. Otherwise very sharp too. For us the DP2M has a more useful focal length. Can focus very close (20cm). Through window glass:
  7. ustein

Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 f/2.4

Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 f/2.4 (not much used). Selling only to US customers at $590 CONUS shipping included.
  8. ustein

Capture One with GH2/GH3

I actually like C1 very much on GH2/GH3. They handle noise better for my taste. Anyone also using it?
  9. ustein

GH3 Field Notes: Casa De Fruta Video

Filmed with Panasonic GH3 + 14-140mm zoom. Film Style: STD, Contrast -2, Sharpening -4, NR -2 Shots at .MOV 1080p24 72mbs All I (water scenes at 60p All I for slomo) Edited in FCP X and tonality grading with Tonalizer | VFX outbackphoto - News - GH3 Field Notes: Casa De Fruta Video
  10. ustein

GH3 replacement battery Panasonic - DMW-BLF19?

GH3 replacement battery Panasonic - DMW-BLF19?
  11. ustein

FS: Nikon AF-S 28-70mm f/2.8

Nikon AF-S 28-70mm f/2.8 in very good condition. Asking $750 plus shipping. PM me if interested.
  12. ustein

Anybody tried the Olympus 15mm f/8.0 Body Cap Lens?

Anybody tried the Olympus 15mm f/8.0 Body Cap Lens?
  13. ustein

Old Mac Pro G5 from 2005

Anybody interested in Old Mac Pro G5 from 2005 (for pickup in Hollister CA)?
  14. ustein

Possible Trade-in Fuji X-Pro1 to X-E1

I would like to switch from the XP1 to a X-E1 with the 18-55mm zoom. Any trades or buying for the value of the X-E1?
  15. ustein

E-M5 and 4/3 14-54mm zoom a good combo

We find the E-M5 and 4/3 14-54mm zoom a good combo. The range is for us much more usable tan the Panasonic 12-35mm. We get image stabilization through IBIS. Now a m43 version os this lens would be ideal.
  16. ustein

Posted in the Fuji forum: Fujifilm X-Pro1 vs. Olympus OMD E-M5

Discussion in thehttp://forum.getdpi.com/forum/fuji/41092-fujifilm-x-pro1-vs-olympus-omd-e-m5.html Fuji forum Please only answer in the Fuji forum.
  17. ustein

Fujifilm X-Pro1 vs. Olympus OMD E-M5

I bought a Fujifilm X-Pro1 but now having a E-M5 loaner I get second thoughts. Pro E-M5 - Smaller size for storage and transport - Lens selection - AF better - IBIS - More snappy in handling - Less expensive Pro Fuji - Larger size for handling (feels more substantial) - 35mm f/1.4 is nice...
  18. ustein

Adobe releases Lightroom 4.2 and Camera Raw 7.2

outbackphoto - Lightroom Artistry - Adobe releases Lightroom 4.2 and Camera Raw 7.2
  19. ustein

Why did Fuji not use the X100 Sensor?

Why did Fuji not use the X100 Sensor in the X-Pro1/X-E1? I thought the images from the X100looked good and the sensor was easy to handle with Raw. Your thoughts.
  20. ustein

Raw conversion for X-Pro1

Raw conversion for the X-Pro1 is still a major issue: 1. Lightroom does not get enough detail 2. Fuji Raw Converter has better details but can produce nasty halos (e.g. edge between golden hills and blue sky) 3. DPP: workflow hassle but maybe so far the best detail and nice colors. What is...