The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Jason Muelver

The 40 1.2 vs 50 1.5 Zeiss

I have been thinking of picking this up. I searched and nothing came up, so I am wondering if anyone here has used that lens? I have also been considering the Zeiss 50 1.5, or do I just save a few more pennies and get the 50 Lux ASPH? If you have some images with the 40 1.2 or any fast fifty...
  2. Jason Muelver

Another Q Question

I tried the search, but didn't find much. I have been shooting Fuji the past couple years and have owned every body except anything in the x100 series. I'm tempted to pick up the X100T, but I keep getting drawn back to the Q. Has anyone shot both? Have any direct comparisons for me? Thanks!!!
  3. Jason Muelver

Talk me into or out of...

Film. I had an M8 and sold it to fund a move to Fuji (which I LOVE). But, I kept an old 50 Cron v2 and thinking of picking up an M6 or MP. Or... do I just get an M9 now that prices are down? Or...
  4. Jason Muelver

Computer Upgrade

So it's that time. My 2010 iMac is showing it's age. Not sure where to go. Get the new retina iMac or a 6 core Mac Pro. I edit in Capture One and do a lot of batch work as a wedding photographer. So I'm working with about 800-1100 images total and a lose a lot of time on import/processing and...
  5. Jason Muelver

Clearing a few things out- Nikon, M-Mount

First off- D700 w/ MB-10 Grip. This was my backup camera and was recently inspected by Nikon USA for a normal clean up. Replaced some rubber, that was it. $1,600 Voightlander 21 1.8. Used literally once, then sold my Leica body. $975 Voightlander 50 1.1 Bought it here. Didn't use it...
  6. Jason Muelver

CV 21mm 1.8

Well, title says it all. Impulse buy, mounted twice, then sold my M8. Comes with box. Body perfect. Glass perfect. Can't tell from new. $1,050
  7. Jason Muelver

Leica M8 and some glass for sale

Looking to move on from Leica... Have an M8 that was recently looked over and adjusted by DAG. Black, no boxes or papers. $1600 Nokton 40 1.4 matched to above $400 or buy both together for $1900 Pictures coming up soon. Prices include paypal, but real shipping charges will be extra. Thanks!
  8. Jason Muelver

MATE thoughts....

Hey Everyone... Stumbled upon a MATE. It has a big front rectangular hood, uncoded, and I'm not sure what version it is. The glass looks fantastic and the lens has always intrigued me. I know it's kinda a rare bird, but what are the pro's thoughts on this? If it matters, I have an M8...
  9. Jason Muelver

28 1.4 vs 1.8

A local shop had both on hand. The 1.8 won in sharpness out of the box, but the colors on 1.4 were great. I've read that a lot of the 1.4's need a bit of fine tune, then they are awesome. Anyone have experience in both? Thanks!
  10. Jason Muelver

PA271W Questions/concerns

Hey... Back in January, I picked up a "refurbished" NEC PA271 from B&H. I have a couple of questions. What profiling settings are you using? I do primarily wedding type work so it's a lot of web viewing and some printing. I see different settings out there for calibration depending on web...
  11. Jason Muelver

Leica 75 Summarit

Hey... I might be moving away from Leica. As much as I LOVE the system, I just can't afford to make the full move into it that I need to make it all work. By work, I mean paid work :D So I'll start with my 75 Summarit with IR cut filter. I had it tuned by DAG and it's spot on for my M8...
  12. Jason Muelver

Lightroom Settings/Presets

Hey Everyone! I made the jump from Aperture to LR for work purposes. Problem is, I'm having a difficult time dialing in my presets for my M8. Anyone here have any tips and/or tricks? Much appreciated! Jason
  13. Jason Muelver

Nikon 105 DC F2 D

Title says it all!! I have box but no papers. Can't find them after moving :poke: Askin $825 shipped to lower 48. Ask away for images taken with and of lens. Thanks!
  14. Jason Muelver

FS- 105DC

Super sharp awesome portrait lens. Bokeh is ridiculously creamy on this glass. I have the original box, but no papers. I would consider trades for 85 1.4G only. Asking $875 including shipping and PayPal/Square in lower 48. I will get some images from the glass and of the glass later today...
  15. Jason Muelver

Back Focus- 75 Summarit

Hey everyone. Looking for some help here. I picked up a demo lens off eBay (yeah, I know) that is 100% gorgeous except for a major back focus issue. Anyone here have contacts at Leica to get this fixed quickly? I was quoted 4-6 weeks and I'll have 4 weddings in that time frame. Focus point...
  16. Jason Muelver

Any NPS members in here?

I am looking to find an NPS member. All my contacts here either shoot Canon or aren't members, and as you know, you need a member referral. Could use a lil help here! :thumbup: Thanks so much! Feel free to DM or email. J
  17. Jason Muelver

Something funny....

I had an engagement shoot today. This couple are both in the media business. She's a writer for a major news outlet and appears on TV often, and he's an editor for a major ad publication. "That's the Leica? I LOVE the sound of that camera!" Of course, the images are sweet too. I will post a...
  18. Jason Muelver

Crumpler, Zeiss ZF 21

Looking to sell a couple of items here... First off is a Crumpler Brazillion Dollar Home. I have used it the past year, and I now need a roller since I'm old-ish :D I don't have the original bag, but do have all the dividers and straps. Awesome bag for sure!! Asking $200 shipped and...
  19. Jason Muelver

Is this a sensor problem?

I found some spots on some images that looked a lot like sensor dust. So I opened my M8 up and did the rocket blow thing like I'd do with any other sensor. Then for a test, I shoot into a white drape massively over exposing shooting at 1.4 1/60th ISO 160. I expect a white image except where...
  20. Jason Muelver

Lens Selection and Insanity

Since I've gone down that slippery slope of M goodness, I'm looking to build what I'll call an intermediate kit. Meaning, not best of the best, but something that I can work with. Needless to say, I actually really like my CV 40 1.4. I've gotten good results thus far, and I'm happy...