The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. N

WTB - Cambo WRS 48mm macro spacer / lens backspacer

Looking for a Cambo wrs 48mm macro spacer. Same as the back spacer that comes with the 120 mm Schneider lens. Please let me know if you have one for sale or know where I can obtain one. Kindest regards Neil
  2. N

Ilex no 4 to copal 3 shutter compatibility

I have a red dot artar lens in an ilex number 4 shutter. The Ilex number 4 shutter is broken. I would like to mount the lens into a new shutter. I read that the thread sizes on the ilex number 4 and copal number 3 shutters are the same. So the lens cells would mount. My question is are the...
  3. N

Shim issue with SCHNEIDER 60mm

Decided to swap my 60mm SCHNEIDER lens from a Rollei electronic shutter into a copel shutter. Slight problem. What was a great lens became a terrible lens. All corners soft. Upon investigation I found by loosening the front element by one quarter turn the lens is restored to its former...
  4. N

Hasselblad CFV-39 digital back and a missed opportunity to sell thousands of them.

Interested in peoples thoughts on this. In Japan there are tens of thousands of photographers who are retired and own a Hasselblad V camera. They bought them when they retired before digital took a hold. It use to be the thing to have. They would be in there seventies or older now. Which in...
  5. N

Hasselblad cfv-39 sensor in wrong place

I have been using a Hasselblad cfv-39 Digital Back with great success over the last two years. Used the Digital Back mostly on a Silvestri technical camera and on a 503 CXI body. For the last few weeks I have been using a Phase IQ140 V mount Digital Back on a 503 CXI body. The images came...
  6. N

RZ camera and the great outside

I realise the RZ camera is primarily a studio camera. Just wondering if people are taking the RZ outside and using for landscape or cityscape photography etc. Any experiences or advice to share on using outside? How you carry the camera? Type of outdoor photography used for, etc. My RZ is just...
  7. N

New Hasselblad Firmware - CFV 39 new menu option

I just downloaded the new Hasselblad Firmware on my CFV 39 digital back. I noticed under the menu, Settings, Camera section there are two new options in the Body menu. The full Body menu is:- Pinhole FlashSync SWC 200 500 WinderCW ELD ELX Schneider LensCtrlS Does anyone know what the two new...
  8. N

RZ system - Price Value/Performance Ratio for Mamiya RZ lens

The second hand price and discount/new in the box price of Mamiya RZ equipment is so low these days. It is really low. I just bought an RZ Lens new in the box with a 12 month shop warranty for a 90% discount compared to retail price. I cannot believe how good the value/performance ratio for...
  9. N

Ricoh - Hasselblad V digital back module for GXR system

Ricoh GXR system seems to have a Hasselblad V digital back module on its product roadmap. Link to a picture http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/img/dcw/docs/353/988/html/15.jpg.html Link to main article http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20100311_353988.html All in Japanese but lots of...
  10. N

Large Format lens with HasseCVF39 high Luminance Noise ISO 50

I have been using a HasseCVF39 digital back with 200 series and 500 series cameras for the last few months and have obtained some exceptional results. Definitely the CVF39 back has brought the V series into the digital age. This month I started to use the digital back on a large format...
  11. N

Looking to breath some new life into my Mamiya ZD digital back.

Looking to breath some new life into my Mamiya ZD digital back. The ZD digital back was replaced by a second hand Phase One p30+. Mamiya ZD has been sitting on the shelf since the Phase One back appeared. One idea I had was to buy a sliding back adapter and put it on my 4x5 large format...