The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

Farewell to Medium Format: One man's journey

I was pleasantly surprised to many responses to my original post, and I thank many of you who encouraged me in different ways. As many of you already know, it wasn’t my intent to suggest the quality of iPhone camera is anywhere comparable to MF camera, but I have to make a choice between what I...
  2. J

Farewell to Medium Format: One man's journey

After many happy years, I have decided to let go of my beloved Arca Swiss Rm3di gears. As I get older, a mile walk with my camera bag is becoming a challenge and not enjoyable anymore. I was introduced to the Medium Format photography some 30 years ago with Hasselblad 500, then Arca Swiss F...
  3. J

Talking Technical on Tech Cameras

Dave: Thank you for the inquiry, I will try to answer you as clearly as possible, however, the thought processes may differ between us. In addition to your diagram, please note attached diagram. It is an exaggerated representation of view camera in Lens (and/or Camera) Tilt application. I know...
  4. J

I-Phone holder

NuvoFocus has bracket for iPhone 4, 4S.
  5. J

Eye-Fi -> iPad wireless "tethered" image view

Sounds very interesting. What is the range of wifi with CF adapter to iPad? thanks, Jae Moon
  6. J

Creative Tethering

Phil: Thank you for the pic. Looks very nice and well made. A couple questions; 1. Did you get DigiBracket? How do you like it if you did? I am not too excited about carrying an extra tripod. 2. Does the package include two laptop brackets? Thanks, Jae M
  7. J

Creative Tethering

Phil: Have you had a chance to try out with 'Digi-Plate'? I have been looking for something like that for a while. Jae Moon
  8. J

Creative Tethering

I use RMBP13 with my P45 without any problems. Cables/adapter: TB -> FW800 -> FW400 Jae Moon
  9. J

NuvoFocus Quick NuvoFocus Updates: - As all of you may know by now, the suite of iWork; Numbers, Pages and Keynote are available for free when you purchase a new iOS device. Each module can also be purchased at $10 from App Store for existing devices. - The standard Lens Equations that are...
  10. J

Better method of calibrating lenses at Infinite subject distance There have been extensive discussions in this forum regarding the benefits of calibrating lenses at infinite distance with Tech Cameras. It has been recommended to calibrate them by picking a far but clearly visible stationary...
  11. J

Jag: Pro includes all features with up to 3 lens equations. See the note below for lens calibration. Jae Moon Lens Calibration When I got my Rm3di, I was told that Arca-Swiss calibrates all lenses individually prior to shipping them to buyers. I don't remember if I heard it from A-S itself...
  12. J

NuoFocus NuvoFocus is finally ready for release. It is a 'spreadsheet' that runs on any iOS devices, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, with an app, Numbers. It is available in four different modules: 1. Nuvo_DoF: Performs DoF calculations. - Calculates HFD (for given focal length, aperture and...
  13. J

Show us your Tech Cam

Guinness Book of World Records This collection of over 4,400 cameras is the envy of shutterbugs everywhere | The Verge His most prized piece? A 1934 Leica 250, one of only 1,000 ever produced, and likely one of the very few that has survived nearly 80 years. Jae Moon
  14. J

Jag: Thank you for your interest. I am planning to announce the the pricing and methods of distribution and supports next week. Don't spend it all in 'HARDWARE'. :) Jae Moon
  15. J

A Manual for NuvoFocus (Final release version) NuvoFocus Two big attractions of a Tech Camera are; the availability of the best optical quality lenses; and capability of 'movements' - shift, tilt, swing. Two big challenges of a Tech Camera to a photographer are; difficulty to focus...
  16. J

A Manual for NuvoFocus (Final release version) NuvoFocus Input Method: 1. Most data are entered by 'double tapping' on the cell. A key pad will be displayed and you tap 'Green Check Mark' to complete. You may enter both TEXT and NUMERIC data, by tapping on 'T' or '42' at the top of...
  17. J

A Manual for NuvoFocus (Final release version) NuvoFocus This software is NOT an iOS app but a 'spreadsheet' that runs on iOS devices with NUMBERS. NUMBERS is an app by Apple and can be purchased at $10 from AppStore. There are two sheets; PROG and DATA, for data input and output. Light Blue...
  18. J

I am glad that you figured the program out in short period of time and got very good result. Let me know if anyone comes up with the idea. I think it would have a better potential for financial success. :D:D:D I will post a 'Manual' soon, which will show lot more details in how to use the...
  19. J

Alpa Tilt/Swing Adapter with 32HR

Read thread,http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/45017-talking-technical-tech-cameras.html, Post # 26. One of members talked to ALPA and got the answers from them. Jae Moon
  20. J

Jag: It is correct. The reference point (indirectly, since the Hinge Point is the real reference point which is directly below, parallel to sensor plane, on the ground) is the center of DB image sensor, and all object locations should be measured from it. Add the additional offset whenever...