The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. mathomas

FS: Arca Swiss F-Line Basic 4x5" Camera Kit

Sold. Thanks!
  2. mathomas

Great way to get started if you're 4x5 curious.
  3. mathomas

This is hard, but I need to cut down on cameras so I can play with other toys. I'm selling my Arca Swiss F-Line Basic 4x5 *kit* in VG++ condition. This is the model with the 171x171 format frames. You can see this actual camera in multiple of my videos on YouTube, but this is probably the most...
  4. mathomas

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

Another train shot: locomotive boiler and valves by Mike Thomas, on Flickr Arca Swiss F-Field 120mm Schneider Super-Symmar Fomapan 400 @200 Rodinal 1+50, 10 minutes 50s @ f/32
  5. mathomas

locomotive engine detail by Mike Thomas, on Flickr Arca Swiss F-Field 210mm Caltar f/6.8 Fomapan 400 @200 Rodinal 1+50, 10 minutes 1/60s @ f/16 Digitized with my Sony A7II and macro lens, using a 4-shot stitch.
  6. mathomas

Nice textures and tones there, and I like all the diagonals. - - - Updated - - - big dry creek and cottonwood by Mike Thomas, on Flickr Shot near my house, at Big Dry Creek, Centennial, CO. Chamonix 045F1 Schneider 120mm Super-Symmar Fomapan 400 @ 200, Rodinal 1+50
  7. mathomas

WTB: Arca Swiss F-Line Leather Bellows for 171x171 frames

Long shot, but I'm having a tough time finding them anywhere. Thanks, Mike
  8. mathomas

Not sure why my Flickr links keep going bad (if I click the link I am taken to the photo), but here's another one: howard's creek, clark co, kentucky by Mike Thomas, on Flickr Slight rear swing to emphasize right-hand cliff and control DoF. Arca Swiss F-Line Basic 4x5 Schneider 120mm f/5.6...
  9. mathomas

One more from Lower Howard's Creek. Arca Swiss F-Line 4x5 Schneider 120mm Super-Symmar (love this lens!) Arista Ultra 400 @ 250, Rodinal 1+50 rock ledge, howard's creek, clark co, kentucky by Mike Thomas, on Flickr
  10. mathomas

Recently went on a trip to KY, where I grew up. Got some pretty nice shots along Howard's Creek. Here are a couple, of about 5 or 6 worth posting. (I'm almost embarrassed to post my puny little waterfall/cascade after the huge ones posted above!) howard's creek, clark co, kentucky by Mike...
  11. mathomas

That looks fantastic! I'm not sure I want to bother with 8x10, but it's definitely calling.
  12. mathomas

I continue to experiment, now with a used Arca Swiss F-line (171mm standards) from KEH. Such a nice camera, and relatively portable given the right rail setup. "Product Shot" of my Pioneer RT-707. Just playing around with camera movements in my house, with a bit of lighting provided by an LED...
  13. mathomas

Bounce an idea, re Arca-Swiss monorails

Yes, the short rail option really transforms the packability of the Arca-Swiss, for sure. I'm fortunate to have been able to add this feature to my system for a not-unreasonable price. I think that GX680 must be a blast to shoot. It is something that has come into my crosshairs a few times...
  14. mathomas

FS: Leica Monochrom-M (CCD version) Black Chrome

It's a good deal for sure, but the timing is just wrong for me. I started getting the large format bug, and now that consumes all my interest (and money) for the time being!
  15. mathomas

Thanks for the suggestion! Long story short, I ended up buying a 30cm extension bracket and a 15cm rail from none other than Kerry Thalmann. Now I have a telescoping setup that exactly what I want, and when the carriers are on the short rail,the setup fit into my backpack, just so. arca-swiss...
  16. mathomas

I like that folks are posting large (that's why we shoot these beasts, isn't it?). So I'll follow suit. One from a few weeks ago: chalk cliffs, hwy 162, colorado by Mike Thomas, on Flickr And another from this past weekend: evergreen trunk by Mike Thomas, on Flickr
  17. mathomas

Camera Case Foam Design

This is super-cool!
  18. mathomas

Oh, damn. I didn't realize I was in the LF digital forum. Thanks for the heads-up!
  19. mathomas

Thanks! At the least, it helps me know I'm not totally nuts for even considering it. I will await a more certain response, though, as you suggest.