The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. roanjoh

Fun with the Panasonic Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH

Very sharp wide open. Amazing! Bokeh is a bit choppy. Still would love to have this in my kit. Gotta justify the cost though..... Hmmm.......
  2. roanjoh

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Ricoh GR from a recent trip to Guadalajara, MX. First time on a trip without my SLR - and it was a whole different experience not being bogged down by the weight. Ricoh definitely got a classic in their hands here with the GR, lightweight and amazing image quality. The lens attached to this...
  3. roanjoh

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R From recent snowstorm in NYC/Central Park. I must say, the A7 weather sealing was quite effective.
  4. roanjoh

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R A few to share: From the 35 2.8 FE From the 35 Lux ASPH Some impression - Camera is AMAZING!! Fits my hand like a glove! Nice grip. Manual focusing took a bit of time to get used to - but once mastered, it is easy to master (2 quick press of the C1...
  5. roanjoh

A7(r), 35/55 FE in USA - anyone?

FINALLY Got MINE!! WAhooo!!! Snapped the last A7 body in store at 17photo! Now I have something to be thankful for come Thanksgiving!
  6. roanjoh

A7r - and why I'm not keeping it.

So you had issues with the 35 lux? Hmmm..........this is not sounding good. Although the A7 is said to have less issues (corner smearing, magenta shift) compared to the A7r. I will have to see when my camera comes.
  7. roanjoh

Wow. You are right! Cool! Too bad the camera is not available! I would be cabbing there now to get 'em! Will keep checking - maybe they will magically appear before thanksgiving.
  8. roanjoh

Just want to know any development on the shipping of these items in the USA. Amazon estimated (via email) DEC 4th delivery for the 35 FE - but nothing on the A7. Anybody heard anything from other dealers?
  9. roanjoh

Anyone heard anything?

A rebranded GX7 - and double the price?! Nah, I would sooner get the EM1. A rebranded GM1 however, with the Leica logo...........now we might be talking.
  10. roanjoh

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R USA is getting an ample stock too! WAHOOO!!! Can't wait for these cameras to hit this side of the pond. As per sonyalpharumors.com (B&H and Amazon are getting a HUGE batch of stock). Hopefully I hope 2 more things to be thankful for come Thanksgiving! VIVEK - nice...
  11. roanjoh

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R Good going VIVEK! Looking forward to see "FUN" snaps from your new camera!
  12. roanjoh

A7 and A7R Shipping from Amazon Japan, $300+ less than US retail

How do you say Mirror lock up in Japanese?! Oh wait, this camera don't have one! LOL! Seriously, I hope the US market will not be short stocked!
  13. roanjoh

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R Arrrggghh! I am itching to get my grubby little hands on these puppies and participate in this thread. The shots from the A7 and 35 ZM are looking amazing!! Oh Amazon, dear Amazon - make sure my pre-order ships before DEC 1st!
  14. roanjoh

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the A7/7R Wow. It seems A7 > A7r in terms of corner artifact.
  15. roanjoh

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

16. roanjoh

Recent convert to RX1-R - now I get it.

I myself am VERY interested - felt that it was WAAAY overpriced when it was introduced but it was (and still is) a REVOLUTIONARY product and the first of its kind so the premium price is justifiable. With a little patience though, the used market price for the RX1 should free-fall once the...
  17. roanjoh

Digital Nikon FM2

Took the survey - hopefully Nikon listens and produces a better version of this product line in the future.
  18. roanjoh

Digital Nikon FM2

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
  19. roanjoh

Digital Nikon FM2

Oh?! In that case, the price is just right.......... :grin: It's $3000 short of "Made in Germany".
  20. roanjoh

Comparisons of A7R/A7 with others

This proves that Sony significantly improved their JPEG engine.........and that Canon sucks BAD! Can't wait for RAW comparison.