The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. roanjoh

A7(r), 35/55 FE in USA - anyone?

Just want to know any development on the shipping of these items in the USA. Amazon estimated (via email) DEC 4th delivery for the 35 FE - but nothing on the A7. Anybody heard anything from other dealers?
  2. roanjoh

A7 or A7r

Wanted to get a feeler - and please state why.
  3. roanjoh

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Might as well get it started. Truly a wonderful camera. Kudos to Ricoh for manufacturing this little gem. 1 2
  4. roanjoh

FS Leica M8.2 w/ extras $2800 shipped

For sale is a well used Leica M8.2. Comes with everything in the box. Extras include 1x generic battery, 1x Thumbs up model 3 and 1x Artisan and Artiste strap. Please note that the camera is not perfect cosmetically - it shows brassing on the top and bottom cover (as shows in the photos)...
  5. roanjoh

GX1!!! What say you GF1 lovers?

http://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=250&t=2419771&m=f&last=31613184
  6. roanjoh

Lens hood for Olympus 12 f2 & 45 f1.8

Where can I find them? anybody?
  7. roanjoh

Definitive adaptor for NEX-M lens please!

Just recently purchased the NEX-3 and would like to know which "brand" adaptor to get so I can mount my Leica M lenses. Any advice and links would be appreciated :-)
  8. roanjoh

FS: MINT-Nokton 50 f1.1 & ZM Biogon 35 f2

Nokton 50 f1.1 (approx 3 months old). Purchased new from Photovillage. Includes everything in the box with an unfilled warranty card. This purchase will also include a UV/IR filter (from B&W - I think). $800 shipped/PP. ZM Biogon 35 f2 (approx 3 months old). Purchased new from B&H...
  9. roanjoh

Aperture 3 and slideshow HELP!!

I can't seem to figure out how to play/preview my slideshow on my 2nd monitor. I am working on a MacBook Pro attached to a Cinema Display but I can't seem to preview slideshows on the bigger monitor. :angry: Can anybody please help?
  10. roanjoh

New RF countdown......(Canon?)......

Jeff Ascough tweeted about a new full-frame digital RF with a 35 f1.2 lens at intro. Magnesium build w/ 2 more lenses to be introduced. http://www.canonrumors.com/2010/03/canon-rangefinder/ .......if not Canon, maybe Zeiss?? He also mentioned AF - so most likely Canon.
  11. roanjoh

Question RE: Coding and turn-around time.

I've googled and searched but can't seem the find an answer. First, how much does it cost to code an un-coded Leica lens? Where is it sent and what is the turn-around time? Also heard that they calibrate the lens while being coded - is that always the case or do you have to specify...
  12. roanjoh

Share your bags!!

In the market for a bag for my Leica M and maybe 2/3 lenses. Would anybody care to share pictures and recommendations??!! Thanks!!
  13. roanjoh

Pentax countdown..........

Here goes........... I hope they learned from the Hassy countdown let-down. http://www.camera-pentax.jp/new/ ........btw, can anyone translate the Japanese text?
  14. roanjoh

The "BAD" old Leica lenses

I am in the market for a Leica lens and would prefer to buy used as the prices for the new lenses are astronomical!! Is there any old Leica lens I should stay away from? It seems that all the reviews of any Leica lenses are glowing!! Would like to hear people's opinions. Thanks!! Oh, and if...