The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. K

Mitakon speedbooster at half price!

MXcamera commented on a Lens Turbo video on Youtube about the purple reflection problem. "This is because of internal reflection of coat. The rear lens of lens turbo is too close to the senor. It will occur when using small aperture (around f/8), will fix it soon! Thank you so much." Also...
  2. K

Speed booster for NEX

Anyone know any manufacturers that would be willing to make adapters for the Alpa version of the speed booster? Could go Alpa-FD, Alpa-Minolta Etc. I know theres Alpa Nikon, Alpa Konica, Alpa Exakta Adapters so it must be possible for other mounts with similar reg distance to the Konica.
  3. K

Speed booster for NEX

But it does not seem vignette on the M9. Isnt that full frame? Thought it should look similar or even less of a vignette due to the 1.06 crop. What kind of lenses are gonna struggle with the speed booster?
  4. K

Speed booster for NEX

Whats causing the vignette? Any ideas anyone?
  5. K

Speed booster for NEX

Interesting that if using the GH1/2's true multi aspect 16:9 mode in still or movie mode would produce 8x0.71x1.83 = 10.39 Would it vignette?
  6. K

Stacking adapters

Ebay item numbers 270621556988, 290422573885. Ones got no glass so can only be used for macro but could be useful. The other says in the questions that the glass can actually be removed to use as macro as well but not sure if this is permanent. Not sure if they have the pin stop.
  7. K

Canon FD body to Eos Lens Adapter

I thought FD was shorter. On wikipedia it states reg dist 42mm for FD and 44mm for EOS. Would that make it possible? Like you can use a Olympus lens (46mm) on a Canon EOS body (44mm).
  8. K

Canon FD body to Eos Lens Adapter

Does anyone know if such an adapter is possible or exists? I am posting in this section as it would be to go on a GH1 FD adapter and for experiments with m43rds. If it is possible does anyone know someone that can make them? Many thanks.
  9. K

2-lens kit

GH1 plus 20mm go everywhere with me. Would love to add a wide pancake prime in my other pocket :) When taking a bag of heavy stuff my tokina f2.8 80-200mm and sigma 10-20mm.
  10. K

Olympus Four Thirds Teleconverters - GH1

I have a GH1 and would like to know if the EC14 / EC20 work with it at all as the compatiblity guide says NG. But I see that people are using them with E-p cameras. Cheers
  11. K

Panasonic GH-1: EVF "pumping up" dark scenes - workaround?

I dont think you can do it with one button but you can make it lock with out having to hold the cam funny. This is how it works for me. First press menu button, select custom, preview hold to on. Now when I press the depth of field preview (trashcan) it does that and locks the depth of field...
  12. K

Panasonic 20mm Filters and Step Rings

Where did you get the step ring from? Does it interfere with the lens at all? Some reports say the lens wont park when switching off the camera and gives an error message and may damage the lens some how. http://megapiksel.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/panasonic_20mm-538x400.jpg See how the...
  13. K

Panasonic 20mm Filters and Step Rings

Hi, anyone know how many 46mm Filters can be stacked on the Panasonic 20mm before vignetting occurs? Also anyone had success with cheap step rings from China? I have read reports that they can catch the lens and cause problems and its best to use a 46mm extension. But I would like to cut the...
  14. K

New firmware for Panny Gs

The Gordy straps look great and pricing is reasonable for worldwide buyers. Has anyone tried them with G1/GH1? The shoulder strap looks like it would suit my style of shooting and connects via the tripod mount instead of the lugs so they would not break my GH1. Just worried that when walking...
  15. K

New firmware for Panny Gs

Does this apply to a GH1 too? Whats the best way to use these cameras long term? Keep them in a photography bag and take shots as needed? How strong is the tripod mount for something like a black rapid strap? Is one lugg stronger than the other? How does everyone on this forum store and use...
  16. K

Tilt Shift Article

Can anyone translate? A couple more links at the bottom of the article too. http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20100308_353508.html
  17. K

Focal Reducer - Rumour site

Is it just certain lenses that have this ability? I guess Olympus have the rights to add this ability to there own legacy lenses but to do this for other brands would permission be needed?
  18. K

Would it be possible to add autofocus ability to old Olympus manual lenses? Is that what the 2nd patent is saying? Or just to add ability to four thirds lenses which arent currently fully compatible? Or something else?
  19. K

Micro four third rumours has posted a patent application from Olympus for a focal reducer x0.5. If its decent quality it would be perfect for video users but just wondering about the still side of things. Anyone tried anything like this before? I have seen cheap chinese optical adapters to...
  20. K

Shift adapter

This guys blog contains more info about the adapter http://www.ayton.id.au/wp02/?p=2771 he says tilt and shift lens combined will become available later in 2010.