The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. DHart

Two body/two lens kit

I share the appreciation for GX8 with you guys - it is my favorite m4/3 body, by FAR. I'm praying that there will be a GX10, modeled after the form factor of the GX8.
  2. DHart

Two body/two lens kit

I find far more utility with short lenses than with very long lenses. That said, I've been thinking about what two lenses might make for a good two body/two lens walk-around kit. (A fast prime or two can always be close at hand, as well, for those opportunities where they are the best option.)...
  3. DHart

Em1.3

I'm really more of a Panasonic body guy, than I am an Olympus body guy - though I do have both an E-P5 and a Pen-F, and appreciate those bodies. That said, I'm very seriously close to snagging an EM1-III body - for the HHHR, Starry sky focus, and the impressive IBIS capability. Those three...
  4. DHart

Fun with Lumix GM5

This is the photo I mentioned above, taken with the diminutive 12-32 lens. And a crop from that image, which surprised me with the sharp detail from this tiny, inexpensive lens.
  5. DHart

Fun with Lumix GM5

I haven't been to this site in a very long time. Glad to be visiting here again. This thread has prompted me to dust off my very-little used GM5 and a few small lenses (9-18, 7-14 (not so small), 12-32, 12-35, 12/2, 15, 17, 45/1.8) and put it to use. I'm glad I have held onto the GM5 over the...
  6. DHart

Em5iii

Jorgen... our preferences are quite aligned. Once I got the GX8, when it first came out, I've been spoiled by it to the point that I haven't found another camera that I like better since! It's a stellar home-run camera. Ergonomics are A+. IQ fantastic. Size, weight, form factor couldn't be...
  7. DHart

Fun with Leica Summilux 25mm/1.4

Wonderful shot, Ron... I think it's my favorite portrait that you've done. Uber cinematic!
  8. DHart

Fun with the Panasonic 12-35 f2.8

Rawfa... thanks, buddy, I'm glad you appreciate the images. Kudos to Panasonic for designing and producing the 12-35, which is a superb lens for our beloved format.
  9. DHart

A few more from around the property...
  10. DHart

Wonderful lens... haven't been out lately, so some grab shots from around my property... G3 and 12-35/2.8 G3 and 12-35/2.8 E-M5 and 12-35/2.8 Grandson came to visit And a crop from the above image... check out the detail in the word "Founder" which was rendered in the lower right...
  11. DHart

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Thanks, Jorgen. Original 4/3 gear is totally off my radar.
  12. DHart

LUMIX G5

I have liked the G3, but I think the upgrades in the G5 are many and wonderful. Starting with the better grip, silent shutter option, additional manual control by the shutter release, better positioning of shutter release, slo-mo video option (I love that slow dreamy look in video!), enhanced...
  13. DHart

Fantastic image, Riley. I love it. Is your lens description correct? Did you mean Pany 7-14 or Zuiko 9-18, perhaps?
  14. DHart

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Yeah... Jono, that deer image really rocks! And Mike, that dueling sunglasses image is pretty cool.
  15. DHart

Jorgen... she's a beauty, beautifully captured.
  16. DHart

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Matt... I like this one... the simple zen-ness is wonderful. I'll bet it would be great as a structured B&W as well.
  17. DHart

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Ario... Close up seems to be the area where the 12-50 really shines. IQ with the lens appears better with CU than at standard distances. Nice image. How do you like the lens performance with the stone wall images when viewed at 100%? I would love to be able to see that second stone building...
  18. DHart

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Carlos... I've been playing tourist with a motorhome, on a cross country USA trip for the last 7 months. Most of my images from this trip are travel/tourist style. I often shoot in P mode unless I need a specific aperture or shutter speed for various effect. I capture RAW only and develop in...
  19. DHart

Fun with the Olympus OMD

E-M5 with 14-140 lens And from the same camera position, another view... E-M5 with 14-140 lens After reducing the number of Bison down to just 85, left in the entire country in the late 1800's, our US Buffalo Reserve and other locations have brought them back from the brink of extinction...
  20. DHart

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Thank you, Jono.